McDuck

Raeford Boogie and Film Festival

I had a blast. I didn't know a soul

Oh, your so in trouble for that statement!! GA folks came up to you and said hello!! :P:)

Correction... I knew two souls.... :D

and I expect to see you at Skydive Atlanta soon !

Are you kidding me? You were one of the first people to come up to me and introduce yourself. Once you've met me, there's not much more to know about me. :P

Wow, what can I say? This event exceeded my expectations by a large margin. There were so many smiling faces moving all over the dropzone that I thought someone had stepped on an anthill filled with humans. B|

Here are some stats from the boogie, as compiled by T-Thack:

From the up jumpers
176 registered
73 loads
over 1200 jumps

From Raeford Parachute Center School
250 slots
54 Tandems
9 AFF First jumps
4 AFF student graduates
4 A cards stamped

From Mother Nature
3 hours of weather holds
1 giant gust from a nearby storm (plane came back down)
95 degree heat
In the 60's for the films

I can't thank everyone enough for coming and spending time with us for this event. Hopefully everyone had a great time.

Jake and the 82nd Parachute Demonstration team waited patiently for half of the day (along with members of the Golden Knights) for their promised aircraft to arrive (believe me, I was more distressed than anyone), and then proceeded to make some AWESOME CRW jumps. Whether you know it or not, those jumps were a huge hit with the spectators, to include many up-jumpers. Thank you very much for sticking with me and being so dedicated to this event. It would not have been the same without you and the team, Jake. And thanks to your GK compatriots for volunteering to participate with you. Class acts all around.

The vendors were absolutely AMAZING in their support of this event! Karl from Aerodyne was the first to arrive, and I have to say that I was impressed with the mix of professionalism and sense of fun he brought with him. This guy not only knows his business backwards and forwards, he knows how to have fun and make people smile and laugh. I feel honored to have had him here for the boogie.

Ward from Mirage showed up on Friday and we began the process of putting up his tent and blades, which added a cool factor to the dz that had me grinning like a kid at Christmas through the whole event. If you haven't seen the Mirage tent before, you don't know what what you're missing out on. And Ward is one cool cat. It was great meeting and hanging out with him.

ParacleteXP, Jumpshack, Bonehead, Alti-2, Larsen & Brusgaard, Birdman, Vigil and Performance Designs all provided fantastic prizes for the film festival and lots of swag, ensuring that many people left with something they didn't arrive with. If not for these vendors, we would have been giving out paper bags full of good will for prizes. :P

Chuck Blue and Sunrise Manufacturing (Wings) gave out an extra special award to one military member with a clapped out rig. This lucky person received a certificate for a complete Wings rig free of charge. Talk about someone who was smiling all weekend! Thanks to Chuck and Wings for such a classy act of military appreciation.

Scott Campos was my "give me 30 minutes and I'll have a solution for you" guy throughout the months of planning this boogie. Any time I hit a snag, he jumped in and found a way to make what I wanted to happen actually happen. Jake's boys and the GK members got a Casa to jump from because of Scott. And that's not the least of what he did to make this event what it turned out to be. Thank you Scott for all of your efforts.

A HUGE thanks goes out to Gene Paul and Billie Thacker for giving us $15 jump tickets all weekend. How cool was THAT?

Any time I wanted to run screaming into the hills as we planned this thing, Tony Thacker made sure I knew he believed I could make this happen. He also frequently told me "I'll take care of that" when I hit a wall, and he never failed to "take care of that", regardless of what "that" was.

We had Rob Wardell handling all of the last-minute rigging requests, including people who "didn't realize I was out of date". :o He did a great job, even if he secretly hates you all for not planning ahead. :P

If you registered to jump at the event, you met Jumper03 (Steve) and Susan, who worked tirelessly all day Saturday and most of Sunday to ensure you were all checked, tagged and sent merrily on your way with jump tickets. They never once complained about being stuck out there in the sun all day, and kept a good attitude throughout the event. Their presence was much appreciated.

Our manifest team of Katrina, who owes beer for her first boogie (and who performed admirably, I must say), and Denyse, kept things running smoothly all weekend. As I've had the misfortune of running a manifest office a few times before, I do not envy either one of them. Somehow they made it seem easy. My hat's off to them...when I wear one. ;)

Tim D'Annunzio and John D'Annunzio were on hand to load the planes, retrieve jumpers who landed off and to reiterate the landing patterns at the mock-up, planes and over the PA system. They were on top of all of that and more all weekend. Thank you.

Our load organizers were busy all weekend, and did a great job of keeping the organized jumps interesting and fun. We had the following load organizers:

Trevor Hill - Freefly
Jeff Provenzano - Freefly
Kirk Verner - RW
Joe Trinko - RW
Scott Campos - Wingsuits
Jeff Nebelkopf - Wingsuits
Chuck Blue - Wingsuits

Thanks to them for all of their efforts.

If you saw the swoop and chug and enjoyed it, that was all thanks to Carrie, formerly of Florida. Not only did she manage to pull off an event that still has my non-skydiving father talking about how much fun he had, but she also ran errands and provided us with many great ideas that were put to great use at this event. She's a dynamo! Thank you Carrie!

Having thanked all of those people, and knowing that I've left a few names off the list, I want to say that my appreciation is boundless for everyone who helped make this event more successful than I imagined it would be when I started planning it. This silent list includes all of the registered jumpers. You ladies and gentlemen ROCK! Without you, we wouldn't have had a boogie at all. Thank you all for showing up, smiling and enjoying yourselves and sharing this event with us.

Here are the winners for the film festival:

Grand Champion - Trevor Hill's "Film by Trevor Hill" (1hr of time in the ParacleteXP wind tunnel)

2nd Place - Matt Hoover's "Summer '06" (certificate for 50% off a Birdman Blade suit)

3rd Place - Mischa Stahlberg's "USASOC Black Daggers" (Larsen & Brusgaard Optima)

4th Place - Elliot Barstow's "Stealing Altitude" (certificate for 30% off an Aerodyne reserve and container)

5th - Ryan Hoffman's "NC Crew" (certificate for $75 off any Bonehead helmet)

6th - Jake Conrad's "Film Festival" (certificates for significant discounts off Jumpshack products)

Honorable Mention - Keith Majeroni's "911 Memorial Ash Dive" (certificate for discount off a Vigil-2)

Fan Favorite - Eric Miller's "High Life" (1hr of time in the Paraclete wind tunnel)

Film Most Conducive to Seizures - Clay Fowler's "Unofficial 2004 WFFC" (ring-sight for his helmet)

All 17 of the films submitted were great, and the judges had a difficult time narrowing it down to the six winners. From what we've heard from other skydiving film festivals, 17 films is quite a haul. Thank you to all of the participants in the film festival. We appreciate your efforts and we'll look forward to some innovative new film ideas next year. We will be completing the compilation DVDs and sending them out as soon as possible. I'll update this thread when we're ready to send.

All in all, this event was something I'll never forget...and for all of the right reasons. I got to meet and hang out with some great people, including people I've missed having around, I got to see all of those smiling faces and I got to give something back to the community that has given me so much. Hopefully this overly-long post will show that not only was this event a success, but that it was because of all of YOU that it turned out so well.

Thank you to you all, working or enjoying this boogie. See you again next year? :)
Edited to bold the film festival winners.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

See you again next year? :)

acutually I liked the DZ so much that I will be back next weekend :D

Cool! You mean we'll actually get to meet when I'm not running around like a crazy bastard? :P
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

See you again next year? :)

acutually I liked the DZ so much that I will be back next weekend :D

Cool! You mean we'll actually get to meet when I'm not running around like a crazy bastard? :P

LOL.. yes!
don't worry.... I will wait to have everybody together and introduce myself OUT LOUD...

ME>>>KEKA!!!

btw... I want to thank Katie Blue too for making a great jump with me and Janine and get me started with the Pink Mafia Sisterhood :)
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

If you haven't seen the Mirage tent before, you don't know what what you're missing out on.

ok.. since I'm at work and have a different program to resize my images,.. I can not figure how to do it. :(

Kevin, can I send you some so you can post?!
if it's not a lot of work of course :)

PMS#551

Oh, absolutely! I'll PM you an address to send them to. Thank you SO MUCH! I need pics to send to the vendors as thanks, so this will help us both. :)

Okay, here's a few from Keka's collection.

1 - Mirage's tent

2 - multi-aircraft bigway dirt-dive

3 - bigway dirt-dive 2

4 - Aerodyne Urban Assault Vehicle

5 - swoop-n-chug 3-stack

6 - 3-stack part 2

More? (Thanks Keka!)

Film Most Conducive to Seizures - Clay Fowler's "Unofficial 2004 WFFC" (ring-sight for his helmet)

so the ring site for his helmet....is that what he won or what he needed?? :D:D:D

A little from column A, a little from column B. :P

Hey Kev.....Wheres my DVD of all the videos?? i paid my dues!!! ;)

We're working on it. We'll have them ready shortly, I promise. :)

one day I want to be that COOL to have a DVD for me too :P
PMS#551

one day I want to be that COOL to have a DVD for me too :P

haha "one day"
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Okay, sorry it has taken this long, but we now have the DVDs, in their custom cases, ready for distribution to the participants of the film festival. Once we've sent those out, we'll entertain requests from others, as we can manage.

If you submitted a video to our film festival, please pm me your mailing address so I can make sure we get your copy sent out.

CSS folks, if you could remind me who submitted films (Eric and Keith, I know, but are there any others?), we'll send them all to the DZ with instructions that they be delivered to you.

Thanks for everyone who participated in any way in our boogie/film festival. We look forward to seeing you next year! B|

McLovin

bwahahahaha

You two are funny little monkeys. Maybe I'll substitute your videos for ones that the 82nd can't seem to keep out of the news. :ph34r:

I've got one address so far. If you submitted a video and want your copy of all the films from the festival, please PM me with the address you'd like your copy sent to.