McDuck

Raeford Boogie and Film Festival

If you've got nothing else in your fun-schedule for the weekend of the 23rd through the 24th of June, 2007, plan on making it to the Raeford Military Appreciation Boogie and Film Festival. The event listed on the calendar has all the basic information on the event. There is also a post HERE about it that I will try to keep updated, as well as posting any new information in this thread as it develops.

Aside from what is posted on the calendar, we're working on some other surprises that we'll relate once they solidify, but this event will be one you won't want to miss.

Kirk Verner is organizing RW loads, Trevor Hill will be our FreeFly LO and Scott Campos is going to organize the flock out of the wingsuit jumps.

After the last load of the day on the 23rd, we'll be hosting the first-ever Raeford Film Festival. Deadline for submissions is 6/15/07, and will require a signed video release (PM me for that until I can post it in a location for interested parties to download) as well as a modest entry fee (outlined in the calendar). There will be prizes for the top three films in both skydiving and non-skydiving films, as well as raffle-style give-aways during the intermissions between films. I have confirmation at this time that there will be two prizes of 1-hr sessions in the new ParacleteXP (to be completed in June some time) wind tunnel, as well as a 25% off certificate from Alti-2 for a Neptune. More prizes are in the works, so start putting that footage together into a DVD and send it to us via the information in the calendar.

I'm leaving out portions of the information for this event, but feel free to ask questions in this thread, as well as PMing me here or posting in the thread on sonicbeef.com, and I'll be happy to provide what information I can.

This promises to be one heck of a weekend, so don't miss out!
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

The video release form can be downloaded HERE, at least until I can come up with something better.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

Awesome news man! I was just wondering if there is going to be a time limit for the films? Also, according to the video release we need to have permission to use music from the copywrite holders. How do you plan on using the films that are entered in the festival? Does this mean no stolen music?
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Awesome news man! I was just wondering if there is going to be a time limit for the films? Also, according to the video release we need to have permission to use music from the copywrite holders. How do you plan on using the films that are entered in the festival? Does this mean no stolen music?

From the post on the calendar page:
Submissions should be no longer than 10 minutes.... PM McDuck for waiver information and/or any questions.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

My release said all that? Hmm. Guess I'd better go double-check it.

Since we aren't looking to make money, in any fashion, from the footage we collect for the festival, the music shouldn't be an issue. We'll be using the footage to put a DVD together to promote the film festival for next year, as well as being able to send them out to interested parties.

Ah! Okay, I re-read my release form, and what it refers to as far as "recordings" is concerned is audio from any video footage submitted, not the music one might attach to the footage after it has been recorded.

I'm still waiting to hear from a few vendors and such to see what other prizes we'll have to offer.

So, is Eric going to sweep the prizes, or is anyone else considering entering a film for the festival? ;)

Another prize has just been confirmed: Birdman is providing a certificate for 30% off their new Blade wingsuit!

More to come!

Since we aren't looking to make money, in any fashion, from the footage we collect for the festival, the music shouldn't be an issue.? ;)

Hey Kev,

In OZ you are not allowed to PLAY copywritten music to an audience without paying RIA compensation. (Many many doit, but it is technically illegal)
You might wanna check to see if that holds true in the states. Would hate to see you get your arse fried for an oversight.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

BumpB|

Thanks darlin'. ;)

By the way, I've got more prizes coming from such excellent sources as Bonehead, Vigil and Jumpshack, so stay tuned and get those videos submitted! B|

In addition to all of the information in this thread, Elliot (blitzkrieg) has kindly created a flyer for people to print and post at their leisure. You can find it HERE.

After this weekend, I should have more news about vendors and prizes, but the two prizes of one hour in the new ParacleteXP wind tunnel ought to at least whet the appetites of people considering submitting videos. B|

**BUMP**

I just heard from Ward at Mirage and he has confirmed that he will be at Raeford for this event in full force! He's bringing all sorts of goodies with him, so one more reason you shouldn't miss this event.

And don't forget that the deadline for submitting videos for the film festival is 6/15/07. I look forward to seeing everyone there! :)

I'm hearing (whining;)) from Jake (DaGimp), Elliot (blitzkrieg) and a few others who don't regularly post here, that they are definitely submitting videos for a run at the grand prize(s) of 1hr of tunnel time in the new ParacleteXP tunnel. There are plenty of other prizes coming in each week, so let's hear from those of you interested in giving Jake and the others a run for THEIR money. B|

Who else plans on submitting a video?

Keith, go ahead and mail it to 143 Airport Dr, Raeford, NC 28376, c/o Film Festival, and it will get to me. That goes for anyone else submitting who can't hand deliver it to the DZ. I'm starting to get excited now that I know there's more than 2 or three submissions. Plus, I'm hearing from folks who want to learn how to edit so that they can submit something!

Marie, perhaps it's time to roust this mystery person and get them to show you how to edit your footage. :P

Honestly, this is going to be one heck of a weekend (June 23rd & 24th). Prizes are being delivered weekly, and we sill have the two grand prizes of 1 hour each in the new ParacleteXP wind tunnel!

Who else has video to submit? Can we get a list going?

Keithmaj
Jake DaGimp (maybe)
Blitzkrieg (Elliot)

Registration fee for the film festival is $10, and you send that with your video.

There's no registration fee for the boogie, though.

I can't wait to get your submission, Keith! Thanks for participating. :)

I thought it would be a good idea to mention that you don't have to be present at the film festival to win the prizes. It would be great to hear the accolades from the viewing audience when you DO win, but it isn't an absolute necessity. I mean, if you WANT to pass up $15 jumps all weekend, that's on you. ;)

More prizes have been rolling in, including some discount certificates on containers and canopies, so get your footage in before the 15th of June! :)

What, you aren't going to try to make it up here for the film festival weekend?? Don't shatter my dreams like that. :P

Kevin -

Know of any masochistic, $-hungry riggers who might want to cover the CSS loft that weekend so that both Lyman and I can come? :P We just heard today about the concurrent 4-way CSL meet.

Seriously, I'm wracking my brains and working the phones up here - sounds too awesome to miss!

Hope to see you there, man.