McDuck

Raeford Boogie and Film Festival

Kevin,
I'm a little late getting started and I now find myself in the darkest corner of Final Cut Pro hell. I'm hoping to have a rough cut done by this weekend. I was just wondering, how many submissions do you have so far? How many are you expecting. Mine should be in the mail by next wednesday!
Seeya,
Eric
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Kevin,
I'm a little late getting started and I now find myself in the darkest corner of Final Cut Pro hell. I'm hoping to have a rough cut done by this weekend. I was just wondering, how many submissions do you have so far? How many are you expecting. Mine should be in the mail by next wednesday!
Seeya,
Eric

Honestly? I've received one video and MANY promises that videos are on the way. Lots of prizes up for grabs. I mean, a ten minute film? I can slap one together in 30 minutes...but I won't be entering my own film festival except as a last resort to fill time. :P

I have it on the words of the people intending to submit that there are at least 5-6 more films on the way. The 15th of June is the deadline for submitting, because we're doing the initial judging on the 16th.

I'm looking forward to seeing your film, Eric. For more than one reason. ;)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Hehe... 30 minutes to make a 10 minute film? Did you invent a time machine? So far I've put in 15 hours and I have about 2 minutes of finished video... oi... :S

Are you going to be very picky about the 10 minute time limit. Mine might go over with the full credits slapped on the end.

I look foreward to seeing all of the other entries! There are lots of different ways to go about making a skydiving video & I really like to see what others are doing!

Seeya,
Eric

Hehe... 30 minutes to make a 10 minute film? Did you invent a time machine? So far I've put in 15 hours and I have about 2 minutes of finished video... oi... :S

Are you going to be very picky about the 10 minute time limit. Mine might go over with the full credits slapped on the end.

I look foreward to seeing all of the other entries! There are lots of different ways to go about making a skydiving video & I really like to see what others are doing!

Seeya,
Eric

Okay, so maybe the film I slapped together was more like 3 minutes, but I'm just making a point. Have fun with the projects and they'll flow well and come rather easily. I just want people to have fun, enter the film festival and win prizes so that I don't have to go back to the vendors with their generous donations and apologize for pestering them for weeks. :P

We won't be terribly picky about the films being exactly 10 minutes. What we're trying to avoid is the 15-150 minute films that will drive people to the bar and other beer stops, pulling them away from the actual viewing of the films. Getting people to sit still for ten minutes at a time isn't generally that difficult a task, much like herding drunken cats. :D

As ist stands right now, Eric, you stand to win at least ONE prize if you enter...you and Jake. :P
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

I just watched the second submission for the film festival and I have to say that I'm feeling good about this event. So, at least two people are going to win prizes. B|

Cool. that will be three of you with prizes. B|

Break out those wing suit and come a flocking with us.

Some of the Z-Flock will be in attendance, Scott Campos organizing, and the Brothers Gray.

What's not to like???

How about a North Carolina wing suit record??? Slot specific, and non-slot specific depending on how many birds we get.

First flight instruction available, come get your wings on !!!
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

If I don't get at least one more jump on my suit before the event, I think I'll have to hold off. I still haven't gotten past my anxiety over flying mine.

On another note, Jeffro's presence at this event has been confirmed. Between Trevor Hill and Jeffro, I think we'll have some kick ass freefly loads.

Oh, and get those sheep-effer jokes ready, because CLAY should be there too! B|

We will definitely NOT be sucking at Raeford. :P

We will be doing smaller groups and first flight jumps as well.

Bring your suit, I'm sure we can work it out.

Chuck, Jeff, and Scott C. I'm sure can ease you into things.

NO WORRIES !!!
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Yes, between Chuck and Scott, I've gotten some excellent help and support. I suppose I'm still harboring some extensive anxiety over my first botched flight on that suit, that had me spinning on my back for about 8K feet and resulted in one of the wings on the suit ripping. I've made about five or six jumps on it since it was repaired, but I am still trying to get rid of my anxiety over that first jump. I'll get there, I'm sure.

By the way, the deadline for film submissions is this coming Friday, the 15th of June! We're reviewing and judging them on the 16th, so if you plan on submitting, I'd suggest express mail. B|

And don't forget that all jumps for licensed jumpers are $15 as part of our Military Appreciation celebration.

Vendors confirmed for attendance at this event are as follows:

Mirage (Ward) with everything Mirage typically brings to an event like this.

Aerodyne (Karl) and the new Boogie-Mobile.

Sunpath (Jay) will be there with all of his demos and swag.

Vigil (Candace) will be in the area and will quite possibly be attending the event. She's provided a prize for the film festival and plenty of swag.

Tony Suits (Jeff Nebelkopf) is coming with all of the wingsuit demos he has.

Other participating vendors are:

Jumpshack - prizes and swag
Bonehead - prizes
Michigan Suits - prizes
Birdman - prizes
Wings - SPECIAL PRIZE

The John Boy and Billy Big Show's Grillzilla is scheduled to be in attendance with free food.

The 82nd Frefall team will be performing demos with members of the USASOC parachute demonstration team, the Black Daggers, and members of the Golden Knights for most of Saturday out of a Blackhawk (thanks to Scott Campos for procuring the use of this aircraft).

We have great LOs lined up and excellent rigging, packing and general staff on hand to assist with anything you may need. Also, I'll be doing my best to be on hand to assist with issues that crop up.

We're looking forward to seeing all of you! B|

Any chance of us civilians getting to jump from the Blackhawk?

No. Sorry about that, but it's only there by dint of Scott Campos' efforts and that it's a military appreciation festival. The active duty military demo jumpers needed an aircraft to jump from separate from the rest of the up-jumpers, so Scott made this happen for us. Not only will their loading area be separate from the other aircraft, it will be closely monitored and IDs checked.

Besides, we'll have at least two aircraft (Super Otter and PAC-750) and possibly one more (another Otter) if needed. Maybe next year we can finagle a helicopter for everyone else. If this event is a hit, there's no telling what we might be able to do next year. B|

Well... at long last my entry into the film festival is in the mail. It should get to you guys by friday. Call me if it doesn't and I'll get one down there ASAP in time for judging.

I talked to a guy @ Franklin County airport with an R44 who said that he'd be up for flying jumpers. I'm not sure if he's avaliable on short notice, but contact Todd from www.ncrotorandwing.com if you're interested.

Well... at long last my entry into the film festival is in the mail. It should get to you guys by friday. Call me if it doesn't and I'll get one down there ASAP in time for judging.

I talked to a guy @ Franklin County airport with an R44 who said that he'd be up for flying jumpers. I'm not sure if he's avaliable on short notice, but contact Todd from www.ncrotorandwing.com if you're interested.

I'll give him a call today, but we don't have a budget this year. I'll see what he'd be willing to work out IF he could be here to fly jumpers.

I'm losing sleep I'm so excited about this event! Can't wait to see you all here!

Ok, the last boogie I went to I ended up staying a week!!! If I come, will you guys let me come home?!:o:)

Seriously, I'm headed that direction early next week. Should be there by Friday after a few pit stops along the way. Tony Suits, Jeff, might be coming along with me but no plans yet...

The FLOCK is on!!!B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I also got my video in the mail early this week via priority mail. You should definitely have it by friday for judging.

Damn us skydivers and being duch procrastinators :)

Oh well, Fuck it... hope you got it in time :)
See ya at the boogie... can't wait to win our tunnel time :ph34r:

Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Ok, the last boogie I went to I ended up staying a week!!! If I come, will you guys let me come home?!:o:)

Seriously, I'm headed that direction early next week. Should be there by Friday after a few pit stops along the way. Tony Suits, Jeff, might be coming along with me but no plans yet...

The FLOCK is on!!!B|

Of COURSE you can come home! We've been looking forward to seeing you, so get your hiney over here and we'll make sure you're taken care of. B|

And Keith, I completely understand about procrastination. Earlier last week, when I was bemoaning the fact that I only had one video, a good friend asked me where I would be in the creation of my own video if I were participating. I lied and said I would be done already. :P

I can't wait to see all of the videos, but I'm even more excited to see all of YOU at the boogie! :)

Damn us skydivers and being duch procrastinators :)

And then they bitch about never winning anything or not having a chance to enter. :P No one has a valid excuse this time though, this one was open to the world and there are plenty of chances for anyone entered to win some big dollar items. If you're thinking about entering a film, you better get hot now because you snooze, you lose and we're down to the wire now....of course there is always Fed-ex overnight delivery;):)

We gonna kill it Raeford style fo sho!:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

We gonna kill it Raeford style fo sho!:D

I just finished an interview with the Fayetteville Observer, the local newspaper about this event! Look for us in the weekender portion of this coming Friday's edition.

Also, I just received a last-minute-rush of videos, about five of them, along with one or two that arrived there at the DZ after I left. This thing is going to ROCK!

Heck, I even got Clay's submission. If a dude chewing sand thousands of miles away can get his in, none of the rest of you have a leg to stand on. :P

I can't wait to see all of you this next weekend! B|

... sorry 'bout the window.:P

The window? Did you heave a brick into my house while I was sleeping like the dead or something? :P