McDuck

Raeford Boogie and Film Festival

We were mentioned on Skydiveradio.com! It's after Dave and Cory shoot the shit, answer emails and such, and after Scott talks about the projects he's working on that are being filmed for television.

Listen to it HERE.

Chuck, can't wait to see you, even if you're going to cheese out of coming to the film festival. :P Cora and I miss you and Katie.

Dawn, you mean you can't use your powers of persuasion to "convince" some riggers to take your place there for a couple of days so you can come play with us down here? If not, use more alcohol and get them to sign in blood. :P

Come on, TWO first place prizes (one for the skydiving category and one for the non-skydiving category) of 1 hour in the new ParacleteXP wind tunnel?? Plus, we'll be giving out all kinds of stuff from vendors to as many people as we can...IF you show up. ;)

Mirage and PD will be in attendance with demos and swag and all kinds of assorted fun.

DaGimp thinks he's sweeping the film festival up with his project...anyone up to challenging him? The deadline for submitting films is 6/15/07. No exceptions or "walk-ups" after that date. Submissions and entry fee of $10 go to 143 Airport Dr., Raeford, NC 28376, c/o Film Festival.

Everyone who submits a film and entry fee will get a DVD copy of the winner's montage we generate, with as many of the other films as we can fit on that DVD. Plus, $15 jumps all weekend for all up-jumpers!

Do it. Do it.

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Man I wish I was going to be here for this, it sounds like a GREAT event :ph34r:

So, you're saying you can't make the drive from MD for this awesome weekend? Remind me to cough to hide the word "wuss" when I see you next. :P

Oh, did I mention that Jeffro Provenzano will be there that weekend for freefly and canopy coaching? Yep.

So, who is planning on making an effort to be there for this event?
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

The first submission is in!! Let me tell you, the rest of you have a LOT to live up to. Jake's submission is pretty damn good.

Keep 'em coming! I'd hate for Jake to sweep all the prizes! :P

Lyman + I will definitely be there ...

Sounds like an awesome time.

BUT, just wait until you see Eric's and Keith Maj's videos. Way very cool stuff! (I'm going to make sure they play by the rules and understand the 6/15 deadline ... I'll beat it into their heads if I have to.)

DaGimp has no idea what he's up against.

May the best man win B|.

-D

OK. I'll bite

Keith
Marie

Does this mean that you and Keith will be making an appearance? :)
Dawn, I'm glad to hear that you'll be making it to this event. And I'm REALLY excited about Eric's and Keith's videos! Interest is starting to pick up as far as video submissions are concerned, so there should be some excellent competition for the prizes. I'll be confirming some more vendor participation this week, so hopefully there will be more news later in the week.

I can't wait to see everyone there! B|

I can't make it to the Boogie cuz I'll be out of the country :P, but I will be at Raeford for my :D time this weekend. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I can't make it to the Boogie cuz I'll be out of the country :P, but I will be at Raeford for my :D time this weekend. :)

Hmm. I was thinking of bailing on the dropzone this weekend, but if YOU'RE going to be there, maybe I'll have to venture out. :P

Man, I wish you were going to be here for this boogie. It would have been great having you around.

How about next year? B|

McD, yes, Keith and I will be at the boogie...absolutely!!...I guess my previous post may have sounded like people should be afraid, cause I bite:o

Bolas, look us up while in Raeford this weekend, we'd love to share your beer:D

The only thing that bites are those cocktails you make!!! Can't wait to taste one again!:ph34r::P

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Tell me about it. I tried all weekend to get her to bite. Tried bribing her with beer and shoes. :P

The 'Duck is workin his butt off for this boogie. Everyone'll have a great time.

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Jeezus - :S

Leave it to 'Bolas the boogie whore' to hijack a thread B|.

(Love you, Randy. Thanks for the excellent convo the other night, and for being a good friend.)

That said, Lyman and I will definitely be there June 23-24. I'll try to drag along some of our excellent newly "A" licensed guys, and if you can confirm that Jeff Provenzano will be organizing freefly loads, I'll don't think I'll have to twist many arms to bring a bunch of freeflyers as well. :D

FUN!!

Best,
Dawn

Oh man, if you can get them out here, one more piece of the perfect event will be in place. :)
By the way, we made it in the Sports section of the Paraglide, Fort Bragg's paper. I have it on good authority that it will stay in there until the event, or until something trumps it. Also, G105, a radio station out of Raleigh, has agreed to promote us on the air as a courtesy. B|

I'm still waiting to hear from Tim D. regarding Jeffro's presence, but at our last meeting, he was listed as "supposed to show".

As of right now, Ward from Mirage (with a huge tent and lots of demos and goodies) will be here for the event; Karl and the Aerodyne event RV will be in attendance; Candy from Vigil will be in the area and will probably make an appearance; Jay from Sunpath has confirmed that he will be here; it's possible that we'll have people from Tony Suits here, but that has yet to be confirmed. Other vendors have sent swag and prizes for the film festival, and I'm still working on a few others.

We have confirmation that the John Boy and Billy show's Grillzilla is supposed to be here with free food all day Saturday the 23rd.

If you are a local and want to get the free registration process out of the way early (to beat any potential rush on the day/s of the event), we are pre-registering on the weekend prior (the 16th and 17th of June). If you're out at Raeford and want to pre-register, get with me and I'll ensure you're taken care of in that regard.

The 82nd Airborne Division All-American Freefall Team will be performing opening ceremonies on the afternoon of Friday the 22nd, as well as potentially doing demos on Saturday. Some of the Golden Knights will be in attendance as well.

I think that's about it for now. I have to say that I don't know how people like Spence and Trey do it. Without a committee to help me get all of this done, I'd be one sorry sap right about now. :S:D

We're looking forward to seeing all of you, and your films, that weekend! Remember, the submission deadline is 15 June!

Tony Suits will definitely be there with all of their wingsuit demos. Jeff Nebelkopf will be driving there for them.

Assuming there is a drawing for door prizes (I can't imagine that there would not be one), I will have a fantastic prize to give away from Sunrise Manufacturing (Wings).

Chuck

Tony Suits will definitely be there with all of their wingsuit demos. Jeff Nebelkopf will be driving there for them.

Assuming there is a drawing for door prizes (I can't imagine that there would not be one), I will have a fantastic prize to give away from Sunrise Manufacturing (Wings).

Chuck

Crap. I knew I had forgotten something. Thanks for the reminder about Jeff, Chuck.

And yes, we'll have a drawing for prizes, probably right before or during the film festival.

How about drawings between showings???

What a novel idea :S

How many video's have you received??

I hope to make it down for the event!!!!

I've only received one video so far (Jake's), and that video isn't going to make the cut until the entry fee is paid in full. :P

I keep hearing from people that they plan on submitting videos, so I'm guessing they're all waiting until the last minute to submit them. Since we are judging the films on the 16th of June, the 15th really IS the deadline. Anything received after that date won't make into the contest, but might make it onto the DVD.

If you don't make it to this boogie, Arvel, you're going to have one sad birthday girl on your hands. :P