Wright

Z TEAM 200 WAY WORLD RECORD

To all Team Members:
We are on schedule and looking sweet as candy for our 4th world record sequential. We have numerous sponsors onboard and more on the way.

Looks like we are going to be able to refund money to the team since fuel prices are still low and we have replaced 3 CASAs with 4 Super Otters. Stay tuned.

Info and updates on the team are at: www.skydivecity.com and www.guywright.com

Stay safe, positive and current.

Anyone looking to be added to our extensive jumper data base for future events can email Guy Wright at: [email protected]

Hello Team,
The Z Team Director of Ops has sent out the latest update via email. PLease make sure you respond to [email protected] and let him know you received it. Contains a ton of good info.

The final Team SOP (Hand-Out) is being finalized and will be sent to all team members asap.

We now have 1 CASA and 8 super otters and prices are dropping.

Guy Wright, organizer
Z team 2007

Hello Team,
The Z Team Director of Ops has sent out the latest update via email. PLease make sure you respond to [email protected] and let him know you received it. Contains a ton of good info.

The final Team SOP (Hand-Out) is being finalized and will be sent to all team members asap.

We now have 1 CASA and 8 super otters and prices are dropping.

Guy Wright, organizer
Z team 2007

Has anyone received this email? I haven't.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

To All Team Members:
I am being asked to book tunnel times for a number of players before and during the 200 way. If your interested you need to email me asap: [email protected] and I will work it out. As a prefered tunnel coach they are giving me very low rates. It's all about the Team.

Also, The Crystal Springs INN is the place to stay for the 200 ways. The quality Inn is also ok.

Guy

Update: March 25.
Event started today at 0800. Great weather today and forcast thru the end of the week. Lost the Casas, but have super otters to replace them. Today was single ship team jumps, working on sector drills, dives, floats exits all the secret shit that needs to be worked out in the beginning. Very good day. Base plane smoking fast and build and lots of sequentials between all the teams. First Team meeting tonight at 5pm. Tomorrows dirt dives complete. Show time on the 26th, 0800.
And we go on!!!!.

Z Team

latest update from our web page:

The morning started slower than usual, morning fog and smoke made some visibility questionable. The big formation (160+) has already been rehearsed and dirt-dived so the teams were ready to go. But they were still ironing out issues with the base three airplanes so another practice round of 3 planes, 3 planes and 2 planes went to 17500' about 9:30am.

The big way did one more dirt dive, just in time for the clouds to roll in. As of 3pm today, the base went up for one more jump, and the outside folks are on a stand-down until 4pm. We expect our first attempt to be 5pm today for 8 aircraft, 19000' and a single point skydive of 160+.

On the down side of the day, Russian skydiver Kirill Samotsvetov, 39 years old, died of his injuries while in surgery in Tampa yesterday. He caught the burble of another canopy on the first jump Monday, and landed very hard. Initial injuries were tended to, broken legs, foot, etc and he was airlifted out to St. Joseph's hospital in Tampa. They discovered critical internal injuries (aorta) and he went into surgery but did not survive the operation to repair it all.

Other Russian skydivers, Igor Yurash of Moscow and Vlad Camaev of New York deserve a medl for their tireless efforts to help notify the family, and are helping to make the funeral and transportation arrangements for Kirill's wife. The Russian Consulate in Washington DC is also helping out and things appear to be moveing along.

TK Hayes

see the blog at http://www.skydivecity.com/html/Z-Team200WayWorldRecordDivesMarch2007.htm

I am trying to get the camera guys to post some photos on our Kodak site, stay tuned

OK, it sounds critical, but spending $1075 to be included in a 200 way record sounds expensive to me, especially since every time I've seen this advertised, it never builds. Manifest me for the next 300 way out of a formation flight of 727's that cancel and it turns into an 80 way out of a flock of 182's. Set the hype aside, be honest with your clientele, and set reasonable expectations. Had a great 4 point 80 way dude. There's a lot of gullible egos out there who'll part with the bucks for fame & glory, but if you want my money, you have to deliver.

OK, it sounds critical, but spending $1075 to be included in a 200 way record sounds expensive to me, especially since every time I've seen this advertised, it never builds. Manifest me for the next 300 way out of a formation flight of 727's that cancel and it turns into an 80 way out of a flock of 182's. Set the hype aside, be honest with your clientele, and set reasonable expectations. Had a great 4 point 80 way dude. There's a lot of gullible egos out there who'll part with the bucks for fame & glory, but if you want my money, you have to deliver.

1. You don't know what you are talking about.
2. You made a cascade of false statements.
3. I have a lot of respect for TK. None for an anonymous poster who doesn't have the balls to stand behind what they type.

They still got a world record dude, so the fame and glory still goes to all who participated. My guess is you didn't. So shut up. Not every big way attempt actually completes with the original advertised number. People get cut, planes break down, etc. They still beat the old record handily AFAIK.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban