Cajun

Cost of lift tickets in FL

I looked under the dropzone section on the main page, but the prices seem to me to be a little behind the times. Can someone who frequents these DZs please let me know how much a lift ticket is? I've included in () what is listed.

Also who has the best camping facilities? I'm going to try to make this FL cheap as I'll be quitting my job in order to make it. Thanks

Deland ($18)
Skydive city ($21)
Titusville ($17)

sounds like nice numbers to me.....:)why? ,,, you want them to be higher????:P;)

reminds me of a time about 10 years ago, when I arranged with Billy Richards to fly me on a demo which was located about 25 miles from the Ranch as the bird flies....
as we were heading there,, he said,, "jimmy just come by tomorrow and you can pay me then. OK ? "
The jump went well,,, into a rather tight back yard,,,, and i was impressed that Wild Bill stuck around, after I exited around 4 grand,,,,, dropping back down to 1,200 or 1,500 feet to do a fly by , after I landed so that he could see me wave to him,,, that all was well...:)So the next day, i look him up, to thank him and to pay him,,, and he says, " 35 dollars jimmy"...:o:DB|
I replied "35 dollars??,, Is THAT all??? :S:S
and he said... "OK ,,, 75 dollars !!!!!"......hahahaha.
so I say.. " How about 35 dollars and a hearty handshake Billy"??
and he says.. "sure".....:ph34r::D;)
The moral of the story? ... if the price is good,,,,,, go with it......and ask NO questions...hahahahaha

jimmy

Deland is $20 now, unless they recently decreased the price.

In my opinion, Z-hills has the best camping facilities/showers.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skydive Sebastian ... the shower facilities are immaculate.

That must be the Ladies facilities that you refer to. For the Men's room...immaculate is not the word that comes to mind.

Kevin

I always try to keep from saying such things...being rather biased and all...for some of us...Z-Hizzie is the ONLY place to jump (for the most part anyway!)
B|
but you're right!!!!:D

except ypu might run into people like this:D
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I didn't know Bruce Springstein was a skydiver.

At first I thought Chuck looked like an older Ed Norton, but then a friend of mine said, "That's a shorter version of Bruce Springstein." and I agreed with her more.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Zhills has the best facilities. :)

If they ARE the best, the others must be crap. I was disapointed with the facilities when i was there I expected much better for a world class DZ
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If they ARE the best, the others must be crap. I was disapointed with the facilities when i was there I expected much better for a world class DZ

When were you there? They really spiffed up the place a lot in the last year by adding extra bathrooms and the City Hall or whatever they call it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

When were you there? They really spiffed up the place a lot in the last year by adding extra bathrooms and the City Hall or whatever they call it.

January last year, to be honest it wasn't much more than a bush camp cpmared to where i jump, I was most disapointed, after hearing ZHILL thins and Zhills that for years you tend to build up a mental picture of the place.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?