xlh883

Moving to Lexington Park/Patuxent River Maryland...looking for DZ

Hi all,

I am moving to Maryland in 2 weeks. The only DZ in Maryland according to DZ.com is not for experienced jumpers, tandems only. [:/]

I will be moving to the Patuxent River area near the base. I am looking for info on the best place to go and closest as I apparently will have to travel to jump.

Thanks in advance,

David

I remember there used to be a DZ at the St. Mary's Airport in California Md. i don't know if it is still open or not. I haven't been up there in many many years and it's not listed on here or in Parachutist.
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

There's nothing close. The DZ that used to be down that way closed a while back. Come to Skydive Delmarva, we'll take care of you,
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Delmarva will definitely get points for having and Otter. Looks like all of my choices are near the same mileage or longer. I only have to drive about 80 miles now. :P

It appears that Delmarva is an open to the public airfield so there is always the possibility of me renting an airplane and flying across the bay. Would be a lot less time traveling and more jump time.

Are you all jumping in the cold weather or shut down for the winter?

I have to try and get a reserve repack before I leave here or I am not going to be able to jump when the time comes. Would hate to drive all that way just to drop off my rig.

Thanks,

David

We are closed until safety day. We'll be up and running full time then.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

We have lots of riggers there (me included) someone can hook you up , probably even that day. You might not even miss a load.

hat would be nice. I have had only one repack so I have no clue how long it takes. New rig in July so it hasn't seen a whole lot of use or repacks yet.

I am going to try to catch the rigger here in town if I can though on the way out.

Thanks,

David

Are you all jumping in the cold weather or shut down for the winter?

Orange has Super Otter. Jump all winter. If people come out we'll fly, be damned the temperature.

I think our otter is headed out for maintenance in the next week or two though so call first if you drop by.

B

Instead of using West Point Virginia in www.Mapquest.com use Mattaponi Virginia from Lexington Park Maryland. That will give you the shortest way.

"Skydive the Point'' is very dog friendly.

The club organization is a Matriarchy and that's how the Manly Men like it.

Did I mention for special events we have a CASA or two.

Do not land in the water and we've got a shit load of trees---see attached.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Pax River, that sucks. I worked there once for about a year back in 91-92. Place has grown up lots since NAVAIR moved down there & and is even more expensive to live there now. Anyway, the DZ at St Mary's Airport in Canifornia, MD. is long gone. Crosskeys up in New Jersey would be cool, but quite the trek. Check out some of the places folks up thread have suggested. But it sounds like you'll be breakin' out your USPA DZ Guide and doing lots of driving on the weekends. :(

I have some friends in that area (working on base). Have fun hanging out at the Super Walmart on friday nights because they say that's all there is to do out there!

But every day is like an airshow, if you like that sort of thing...

Oh, stay FAR away from a place called Rosies or something like that. Ask a local...

Dave