skymama

New Events Posting Guidelines

Hi All...

The Mods have decided that this forum needs some extra guidelines for the posting of events. We think these rules will help to keep the boogie threads easier to follow, plus it will allow the smaller boogies to have equal time to get noticed.

Boogie organizers: please remember to also post your events to the Calendar section of the site. Also, please read the "Events, NOT Advertising" sticky at the top of the forum before posting your event. If any information changes for your event and it is past the time that you can edit your post, I am more than happy to help you out with that. Just shoot me a pm with the corrections needed.

New Events Posting Guidelines

1) The start date of events posted in this forum may not be further than 4 months out from the date the thread is created. All threads created before that time period will be locked.

2) Confine discussions to a single thread per event. If a thread already exists, new threads will be removed or locked.

3) "Bumping" a thread to the front page by adding useless content or drivel may win you time out from this forum.

4) Hijacking other boogie threads with talk of your own boogie may win you time out from this forum.

5) Remember, this is a topical forum, so one-liners and off subject posts don't have a place here.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Four months isn't much time...especially when we have to schedule time off a year ahead of time. Seriously...FOUR MONTHS???

Quit complaining, I got it increased from the original suggestion of 3 months in the Team Room. :P

The information can be posted and then I will lock the thread. You can still search for the thread, read it and make your plans. You just have to wait until four months out to chat about it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

OK then How about the informational one goes in Events... And we can then have the actual chat in the Bonfire... As we said.. for many of us who work for big companies... you have to make your vacation plans FAR in advance.

MOST of of us out here in the boonies.. not surrounded by huge dropzones with events every weekend.. its a totally different dynamic to planning for a boogie.[:/]

Seriously, am I the only one who looks at the calendar?

Yes. Is your's marked for the big boogie up in my neck of the woods yet (the one that starts in about four and a half months)?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Seriously, am I the only one who looks at the calendar?

Yes. Is your's marked for the big boogie up in my neck of the woods yet (the one that starts in about four and a half months)?

Blues,
Dave

You could check the exact amount of time down to the second if you look in my sig line. :D

You could also help with the Lost Prairie Advertising Skunk Works team by adding to your sig line, too.;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I just got my post about San Diego RW skills camp deleted. Why?

Isn't it an event?
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.