wlie

Print your own logbook

Nice, but is there a difference between the four of them? I like the layout. For several years I just used small sized bound notebooks (not spiral bound, but little journal-type things. I would have preferred something with a layout though.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Your right you do have way too much time, any-hoo nice job. The differences are subtle between the 4 different formats, took me a minute to see it.

I guess after looking outside today in the greatter Seattle area I have no doubts as to why we are not jumping and that winter has set in:(

Scott C

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I'm currently working on an electronic logbook for Palm. I know that there's a commercial version out there, but I'm not gonna let that stop me.

I've worked on it for quite some time before realizing that one already existed.

It's going to have pretty much the same features, but mine will be given away for FREE and I will include the source code with itB|.

Since I write code for a living, I'd like to spend some time doing other things so I haven't been putting too much of an effort. Especially at this time when my bride and I are so busy working the final details for our wedding.

But I will get it done and I will post it here for everyone.

I've also been working on an online or web-based jumplog, but I really want to be able to import directly from my protrack. So far, while I can easily get the data the protrack sends to the computer, I can't make heads or tails out of what it's sending. They seem to use some formula in their software to translate the collected numbers into actual altitude, and I have yet to find out how to decode it.

Mind you, it's been a few months since I've tried. If anybody has any information on this, I'd really appreciate a PM or an E-Mail (I believe it's viewable in my profile).

As several people have uncovered their secret development activities, I might as well uncover mine...

'Paralog Desktop' is a Java based jump logbook application which might be used standalone or together with Paralog for the Palm (www.vorpalware.com).

The core functionality (entering and saving jumps, syncing with the Palm, importing & exporting .csv files, jump statistics) is there, other areas (jump profile, charts, printing) are still being worked on, as well as connectivity to 'freefall computers' and other logbook software.

Although the application is currently being developed and tested on Windoze, support for Mac and and Linux is planned.

Have a look at the attached screenshot or download a working preview from krheinwald.bei.t-online.de/Paralog/ and let me know what you think (PM please).

BSBD,
Klaus

My Logbook

Paralog Desktop.jpg