upndownshop

SkyFest 7: July 11th to 16th 2007 @ SD Spaceland!

NEED SOME HELP WITH HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS!

To those of you who know - which of the 3 closet hotels to the dz (Best Western, Best Value or Quality Inn) would be the best place to stay? I'm bringing my whuffo hubby and hel'll need a nice place to watch cable TV! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks!
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

To those of you who know - which of the 3 closet hotels to the dz (Best Western, Best Value or Quality Inn) would be the best place to stay? I'm bringing my whuffo hubby and hel'll need a nice place to watch cable TV! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks!

I stayed at Days Inn in Alvin, TX last time and had no problems (it was preferably close as well). Other than that, most people picked the Best Western in Angleton. If you haven't already, go the www.skyfestboogie.com and look under the lodging page. It has a list of close hotels with their numbers. Hope this helps. :)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

plattsburgh, ny ---- i think i should get a free jump for the long drive J, hahaha jk !!!!!
so just wanted to post that i and a couple crazy new yorkers will be there, just look for the big tent with an air conditioner rigged up in it,

For those coming from up north.... If you've never been to Houston; the humidity will suck you dry -quickly. Please consider "prehydrating" yourself for at least 4 days prior to arriving and then "overhydrating" all day long. If you wait until you get there and start drinking water then, it'll be too late.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

For those coming from up north.... If you've never been to Houston; the humidity will suck you dry -quickly. Please consider "prehydrating" yourself for at least 4 days prior to arriving and then "overhydrating" all day long. If you wait until you get there and start drinking water then, it'll be too late.

I have already began my pre Skyfest alcohol saturation to ready myself for partying with the Skymonkey One.

:S

76 dancing ladies with trombones to share suite.
Must have costumes.
- French Maid
- Dominatrix
- Cheerleader

Ok, Ok....a guy can dream can't he?
:D:D;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

OMG you crack me up! I sure hope I get to meet some of you dropzone.com crazies at Skyfest ! I'm working hard on getting my B license so I can do lots & lots of fun stuff! Just can't wait! My first boogie! WAAHOO!
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

thanx very much for the info, i have not lived up north my whole life, where as i do ironically enough love the cold, i used to live in charleston south carolina and my parents live in southern florida, so i am fairly acquainted with humidity, but thanx for the heads up i will definitely be hydrating, and the door on the otters better stay open the whole trip up;)
blue skies to all
billy:)

...I sure hope I get to meet some of you dropzone.com crazies at Skyfest !...

You will! You will!
Last year they had DZ.com T-shirts with a space on the front where you could write your screen name.

We also had DZ.com jumps - one good one and one zoo.

You'll be able to recognize me...easily.

You'll be able to recognize Bigun, too.
He's called Bigun for a reason.
:D:D

Focus, girl. FOCUS! Get that B!
Get your SCR/SCS at Skyfest!

http://www.scr-awards.com/

:)

Bad advice... The initiation ceremony for the SCR/SCS is brutal. "It's never over..." B|

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

So you see something wrong with a little cooling off after a nice, hot day of skydiving? Hmmmmmm?

Yep, I heard the people being initiated say that they were certainly cooled off... just not in a good way. :D
ones? -- Monday.

So you see something wrong with a little cooling off after a nice, hot day of skydiving? Hmmmmmm?

Yep, I heard the people being initiated say that they were certainly cooled off... just not in a good way. :D

What?

It was a good way.

It was atleast an 8 way . . .

And MOUTH still doesn't have hers.:|

One day . . . one day . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Bad advice... The initiation ceremony for the SCR/SCS is brutal. "It's never over..." B|

I'm not sure if it could be any more brutal than what they'd do to me at SSM!! I might not be ready for all that just yet! :o

I'm not sure if it could be any more brutal than what they'd do to me at SSM!! I might not be ready for all that just yet! :o

It must be a Texas thang... they don't do it in Virginia. Just ask Skydivermom about her ceremony experience last year.

The only way I'd go through it is if I wanted to participate in the ceremony for others later. >:( It seems to be a lot of fun for them. :D
ones? -- Monday.

...Just ask Skydivermom about her ceremony experience last year.

Yes, yes...She LOVED it!

Now SHE gets to help with the cooling-off period.

Oh NO! You are just perfect! It's all about helping the young jumpers achieve milestones. You CANNOT go to Skyfest and NOT get your SCR/SCS!

I do every SCR/SCS jump I possibly can and will do yours, too...I love seeing the smiles and the sense of accomplishment.

Agreed!! The SCR Ceramony is something everyone should experience.. As Long as Duh isnt nearby!!:P:D:D

Yep, Now THAT was cold.:D:D

:D:D I just noticed i was standing to the right in that pic holding someone's (probably turtle's) video camera.:D Hmmm, i don't remember that!!:$:$

Mary, you would be better off doing your scr/scs and ceremony at skyfest. Otherwise Voodew and JuJu would be in charge of it and you DON'T want that.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Your right! I put them through SO MUCH during AFF I know Voodew and JuJu would get revenge and have way to much fun doing it!! I like it better making their lives miserable every weekend! HA!

I do every SCR/SCS jump I possibly can and will do yours, too...I love seeing the smiles and the sense of accomplishment.

I remember you being on my jump... It was a very memorable experience. :)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Hey Jay! It was great fun talking to you on the phone (for hours and hours) You made my drive home from St. Louis move quickly.
I am really looking forward to coming to Skyfest, and doing whatever mischief I can to make the boogie a little more fun and easier for you. Send me a task list so I can help you out!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]