sweetmoose

places for tandem in Europe

Hey all,
Me and my girl are planning on taking a trip to Europe in March probably, and I'm looking for a place to take her on her first Tandem and probably my third tandem since I'm not even on student status. I don't know all the places we'll be going yet, but probably London, Rome, maybe Amsterdam, and possibly Germany, maybe one or two more places.

Basically, there were so many damn places listed on the dropzones I didn't want to look through them all, so I'm asking you guys where to go. I'm looking for a place that has tandem (of course), has good scenery, maybe close to a metropolotin (spelling) area so I don't have to pay a bunch for transportation, and I'd like one that isn't hella expensive, I'd like to spend approx. 200 u.s. per person, but that is negotiable, I know Europe is more expensive. Thanks folks,
Mike.
We die only once, but for such a very long time.

I'll believe in ghosts when I catch one in my teeth.

yes, weather isnt sure in march (rain, cold,...) in th north Europe countries...
If you are visiting UK, you can get mega cheap(sometimes like 10 Euros or less, if booked time before) flights with Ryanair.com between England and Spain..
Airport is 30 min drive from ther DZ...
Trust me, havez been in many places, this one has one of the most beautifull view...check the pics!

Dear sweetmouse

If you want to jump in the most beautifull dropzone (by far) in Europe and maybe the cheapest (regarding tandems), then Megara in Greece is for you and your girlfriend.

Aeroclub of Megara organize jumps every weekend.

cost of tandem jump is 220 euro from 13,500ft+ (the highest possible, last weekend we jump from 14,000ft).....maybe the cheapest in Europe, and I don't know??? maybe you take some discount if you need two tandem jumptickets.

Cameraman (absolute neccesary at Megara) cost 70 euros, but there are amateur cameramans around that maybe will monitor your jump for free!!!!

Instructor is Greek army special forces operator, USPA qualified with thousands of jumps, and a very low profile guy, so you are in very safe hands.

Rig is a brand new Atom Tandem if I remember correct??with Cypres AAD.

The dropzone is just 25-30 minutes away from Athens International Airport!!!!!!!!!

You can either use the suburban railway ( pass every 5 minutes from Athens International Airport and 30 minutes later leave you exactly outside the dropzone (Megara station)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or just let me Know the day and time of your arrival and I pick you up from the airport by car, or if I am not available??we'll arange some other skydiver from Megara to pick you up from the airport.

The dropzone has no facilities, keep in mind that Megara are still the Main dropzone of Greek army special forces and a huge military Helicopter base.........jumping for civilians permited only the weekends when all the other air activities at the area paused.

But this is not a problem through Athens (Greek capital) is 20 minutes from the dropzone, and you can find cheap accomodation (we help you on this) and some 5000+ clubs, disco, Cinemas, etc if you want to have fun with your girlfriend.

Forget also about Weather over Megara.

Simply the scientific definition of "BLUE SKIES", If you'll come to Megara, you'll Jump.

Hope these information help?

For any other question let me know or e-mail to manifest of club here for more info, and to book your tandem:

mailto:[email protected]

some photos and movies from the dropzone to have a little idea, in reality jumping from 14,000ft over Megara is like jumping from a space satelite!!!!......:

Photos:

http://www.aeroclubmegara.gr/content/images/757fe7c76b213e236d08bcb81514b1ff.jpg

http://www.aeroclubmegara.gr/content/images/276446ec21f02bc9a251479ed73e6ba5.jpg

Movies:

http://www.aeroclubmegara.gr/Images/Spiliopoulos_tandem.mpg

http://www.aeroclubmegara.gr/Images/tandem.mpg

Hope to meet you bro sometime on March over Megara

Good luck

Thank, I keep on forgetting all the places I want to go to, I really want to see greece also, unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, the one in Spain was 174 Euros I think, and the one in greece is like 220 Euros, so I'll probably hit up the one in spain and then just visit greece.

I do need to jump alone now for sure, unfortunately I'm no where near a drop zone, well, there is one a short flight away, but I don't know how comfortable I feel about skydiving in Saudi Arabia if their work ethic is anything like the work ethic of the Saudi's I work with, I'd probably get dirty laundry in my container. I'll be starting my AFF after I get back to the states, in about 5 months, yay, until then, tandem will have to do.

No problem Mate, the overal cost to fly to Spain, go to the dropzone and the jump, will cost you far more
than jump at Megara, but you decide... and Empuria is a Famous and interest place to go.

Good luck also to your AFF...tandem skydives help people to progress in solo skydiving for sure.