astleysean

Spain in March

Anyone know the best DZ to go to in Spain in March?
I've got a week off and was thinking of a flight to Madrid and either Ocana or Lillo as they seem to be nearest.
Is the weather reliable?
I've 60 jumps and don't want to hang around waiting for Tandems and AFF students.
Where will I be most likely to find people to jump rookie FS with?
Thanks for any advice.

Hey there, I work in Lillo as instrcutor, tandem, aff, birdman, freefly, and also managing the shop.

we have Marcus Laser from the world team for Fs coaching, avalore freefly team for freefly coaching, a world champion for swooping canopy piloting courses, 2 planes, and 365 days open.

The weather in march is supose to be fine, as it is now, sunny with 15ºC in mid day.

in a week you can easily come to Lilo and also if you want to try Ocaña you can check with them, but they will have activity during the week also in March I think.

you can contact our nice oficce girls in [email protected] if you need more info about acomodation, flights, transportation, etc etc...

hope to see you in March

blue blue skies

willy

Reports on all are good - been to both Ocana and Lillo, and can definately recommend them (although Ocana is more directed towards AFF, so if you're going on your own, would keep in mind), and been to Seville too. Looking forward to going to Empuria this year too.

Seville's got a boogie on from the 24th through to Easter depending on when your leave is, so might be busier.

Bottom line - don't think you can go wrong with which ever one you choose!

I did my AFF at Lillo, it was a great dropzone and I will go back, though as you can read in some posts they've had some issues recently, perhaps willyramos can clear that up..

I'd also recommend Seville - 15,000ft on every load, thats significantly more freefall per jump. :)
but what do I know

I'm going to be at Empuriabrava from 1-4 March... Weather is supposed to be OK that time of year and I've mostly only heard good things about Emp.

Ocana is great, can't speak for Lillo... Only thing to check with Ocana is how many planes they actually have... I know their one porter was a bit ill a few times last year.