skyediver

Skydiving in Scotland

Hey there,

it's been a while since I've jumped but am in Scotland hopefully until August and would like to visit one or two different dropzones. I'm currently living in Edinburgh so I was wondering if anyone could tell me which would be the closest dzs to me by train or the ones with the better views :) Thanks!

though i heard my name :D. you really only have 2 options mate St Andrews or strathallan they both have their great Views. strathallan gives you views to the north of the cairngorm mountain range and trossachs to the west. St Andrews you are on a peninsula:)
Trains or bus services to st Andrews are here not to sure about accuracy of the info this is the Jumpers website you could put a post on there asking if any one is going to the dz from Edinburgh, as a number of them actually stay there not to mention uni students:o:D. Strathallans site is here if you look for Meatbomb on here "swoopert" he jumps at strath and can fill you in on transport to their dz.

you should bring your documents your licence etc to the dz with your log book as the CCI will want to see them all you don't say what qualification you have mate . same goes for your gear if you have your own I'm not familiar with Canadian set up but we have had a number of visitors from abroad with very little problem.

O yeh the down side is your expected to join the Bpa [:/] which i am not sure how much it will cost just now as it runs april to april and has a sliding scale depending when you join.

if you need any more help let me know and i will do my best to answer your questions Pm me if you like :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

My ears are burning ;)

Give me a PM (or email rupertATbreakDASHoffDOTnet) if you want to go up to Strathallan, I drive up from Edinburgh every weekend B|

If you don't want a free lift, you can take the train to Gleneagles, and we'll pick you up from there, just call the DZ on 01764 662 572.
B|

As for views...well...this is Scotland! They're all awesome!

Hope to hear from you soon :)
---
Swoopert, CS-Aiiiiiii!
Piccies