scargill

Where is the most beautiful place you've jumped?

With ESA ,Uruguay(Punta del este),Ecuador(Salinas) and this year would have been Galapagos but unfortunately nearly 100 skydivers and no plane due to politics.
Still it was a very beautiful place.:(
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

At Ronan, Montana with Hod Sanders. You'll fly the length of the Mission Mtns. to gain altitude. Flathead Lake is one of the lakes you'll see, along with another 25 or so mountain lakes and water falls. The Bob Marshal is to the east. What a view! This is the home of Mountain Goat and Grizzly Bear.

Not place, but my most memorable non-RW skydive is pulling at 13,000 feet and then doing cloud surfing a tall cloud (not illegally going inside it -- just blade-running the surface of the vertical/sloped cloud cloumns). 7,000-feet tall clouds in a partly cloudy sky is simply amazing. As long as they're not thunderstorm clouds.

It's also safer than wingsuit BASE skimming near a cliff. Wish I had that nerve. But cloud surfing is the next best thing, if you can do it nonstop for 10 minutes on an almost 7,000 feet tall cloud, on the sides of cloud cliffs, and cloud slopes. Solo jump, of course.

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. By miles. Starting out over the snowy mountains, then seeing the valley walls rise up on either side as you descend into shadow... I can remember the feeling of space in the valley like it was today.

I love skydiving wherever I am, but that one was unbelievably beautiful.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?