NlghtJumper

Skydive Space Center...

Next week I will be taking a trip down to Florida on a much needed vacation and looking to make a jump at my old DZ.
Is there anything going on that I need to know of? Like weather problems incoming, or events that may make it hard to jump? Just curious. Thanks

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

STS 116 landing scheduled for the 22? Shouldn't be a total buzz kill

What does that mean? Do airspace restrictions shut down the DZ during shuttle landings? If so, for how long?

Probably not. They don't during the launches, so I'm sure they don't during the landing.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

STS 116 landing scheduled for the 22? Shouldn't be a total buzz kill

What does that mean? Do airspace restrictions shut down the DZ during shuttle landings? If so, for how long?

Probably not. They don't during the launches, so I'm sure they don't during the landing.

I'm not so sure... During launch the rocket heads southeast, out over the ocean, away from the DZ. During landing, the shuttle comes in from the west, passing over the vicinity of the DZ on its way to the landing site.

I'm just wondering what the phrase "buzz kill" means. I'm not current on cool hip lingo.

I'm not so sure... During launch the rocket heads southeast, out over the ocean, away from the DZ. During landing, the shuttle comes in from the west, passing over the vicinity of the DZ on its way to the landing site.

I didn't know that. Hmmm... well I have no idea then lol. I guess you could always contact the DZ and ask them.

they definitely have restrictions during launch--6hrs or so and that's each attempt--no flying within 25 miles--space center is well within the no fly zone--
so i would assume they have similar restrictions during landing--call the dz to confirm--

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

they definitely have restrictions during launch--6hrs or so and that's each attempt--no flying within 25 miles--space center is well within the no fly zone--
so i would assume they have similar restrictions during landing--call the dz to confirm--

Hm. I guess when I do a hop and pop March 16th it will have to be from Sebastian for sure then.