chrismgtis

How is Skydive Greensburg in Indiana?

I may be offered in a job in Rushville, Indiana sometime between now and October of 2007, so I did some looking to find out where the closest DZ is and it turns out according to dropzone.com's list that Greensburg is the closest DZ (about 30 minutes from Rushville).

Have any of you jumped at this DZ? Does the DZ have a good staff and overall facility?

The rates at this DZ are significantly higher than at my home DZ, but I couldn't find any prices for gear rental or for experienced jumpers ride to altitude.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Greensburg is a great DZ. There are a lot of posters on here from Greensburg. I've only been there a few times but have nothing bad to say about the place. They have Fastrax 4 way there doing training jumps so it stays busy. They also have a lot of students so the planes fly a lot. I'm not too sure on the amount of fun jumpers they have for you to play with, but the esperience level of some of their jumpers is amoung the best in the midwest.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Greensburg is a great DZ. There are a lot of posters on here from Greensburg. I've only been there a few times but have nothing bad to say about the place. They have Fastrax 4 way there doing training jumps so it stays busy. They also have a lot of students so the planes fly a lot. I'm not too sure on the amount of fun jumpers they have for you to play with, but the esperience level of some of their jumpers is amoung the best in the midwest.

Any idea how they treat fun jumpers? I know thats a sensative subject, but I just want a feel for what kind of DZ it is since I've never been to another DZ.

Whether or not I have a good DZ to go to might just be a huge deciding factor in whether or not I take a high paying job. :D

A number of the DZs up here are closed (or at least on a hit or miss jump schedule...) due to the winter in the midwest. Frankly its really cold.

Like Eric, I have heard good things about greensburg, I have yet to make it there myself... :$ next spring/summer I should have more freetime then I did this year and hope to hit the road a few weekends...

lift tickets seem pretty compareable to other local dzs... (and even non local dropzones.) I realize you are a student though and I don't actually know how student prices are across the country.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I realize you are a student though and I don't actually know how student prices are across the country.

Well technical I am a student but I'm off AFF status. If I do move to IN I will have my A-license by then. Either way right now I am solo so all I have to pay for is the lift ticket and gear rental.

It looks like I will have two DZ options in the area. One really close by and the other about the same distance as what I travel to my home DZ right now.

I just really hate that DZ's are closed up there part of the year.

Just since you don't like snow anymore... :P

Seriously, with the temps this weekend being a high of 40 its hard to get jumpers out to jump. It looks liek we are getting the 182 out for a few loads, but its a fairly uncommon thing around here to be jumping with Snow on the ground.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Seriously, with the temps this weekend being a high of 40 its hard to get jumpers out to jump. It looks liek we are getting the 182 out for a few loads, but its a fairly uncommon thing around here to be jumping with Snow on the ground.

that's only because we use a grass strip... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I learned to skydive in Greensburg. I moved last February and BOY do I miss that DZ! Not a better group of people anywhere. The owner is one hell of a guy. A pain in the ass at times....yes, but most DZ owners can be. If you're a sensitive soul, it might be a problem.