thechutist

Great White North Boogie @ Lake Wales ?

I went this year and will be going again next year (this january). Plenty of RW organizing going on. Last year there were two organizers doing ~15-20 ways, and then we did one 39-way formation load at the end. If the smaller dives were going better, we probably would have done more formation loads. Last year there was almost no video available except for the formation load.

We also did a high altitude load (21,000 feet), and a balloon was scheduled but it was too windy. They may have the balloon next time.

But the people are nice and there's plenty of jumping going on. Also helps that half of my DZ will be there.

As far as boogies go, it's pretty small. It's just a bunch of northerners (mostly from new england) that want to get away from the snow. So whether or not it's worth the trip depends on how bad you want some warm weather and access to a casa. :)
Apparently there will be tryouts with Guy Wright for his 200 ways. I guess that will be part of his boogie organizing.

Couple videos from this year (39-way and a raft dive): http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=search&search=do&string=great%20white%20north&searchtype=allwords&click=1&sortby=datedesc

Dave