timmerk

Where to jump for first time near LA or San Diego?

Hi,

I've have never sky dived before, but want to in February when I will be in CA for vacation. The problem is that I weigh 330 pounds (I don't look that fat though. I'm 6'3" and have lots of muscle.) Does anyone know of any places that can train me and let me do my first jump with their equipment? Blake at SkydiveSanDiego told me they don't have any of the equipment for my weight, but said I should ask on dropzone.com.

Please let me know what my options are.. thanks!

Since you have special needs, you could ask other big boys what they did, where they went, and what equipment they used. I don't think you'll be able to do a tandem, but if you want to, you may be able to start via AFF or S/L. I'm guessing at that weight you're either looking at a modified tandem rig, large student gear, or some sort of military system. I'm sure there are some threads about it here if you do a search. You could also call around to all the DZ's you're willing to travel to and see if they can accommodate you. Click Dropzones above and start by looking in Southern CA. Check with Perris (1-800-SKYDIVE from a southern CA phone;)) and Elsinore to start.