bradp

Cheapest dropzone in the world to skydive?

Hi,

Which dropzones in the northern hemisphere have the best jump prices or best bulk jump package deals?

Are there any dropzones that offer season jump passes? ie. jump all you can for a fixed price.

Specifically dropzones with turbine aircraft going to 13K+, that have long operating hours 7 days a week and have regular and constant loads going up as well as semi reliable weather.

I'm looking for a dz to jump at during the northern hemisphere summer..May 2007 - Oct 2007 to do about 1000 - 1500 jumps during that period.

The 2 dz's that I've heard about that seem to be just that are Lodi and Aerograd Kolomna in Russia.

Your advice and opinions would be appreciated.

cheers
brad

Sorry, I dont want to hijack the thread but whats the weather like at Lodi in March? Is there a link to their website? Some friends and I went to Eloy this year and had a blast so next year we're planning on going back again. But now that I hear how good the freeflying is (and the jump prices) maybe we should go there instead.

Is March busy enough there to do about 8 jumps every day? And get some freefly coaching?

If I understand correctly (and I am not sure about that, as it really seems to be too good!), West Tennessee Skydiving (the home of the famous Mike Mullins' King Air) is advertizing half-price jumps ($11) to 14,500' if manifested before 8:00am. Check it out! B| Is that true, can anyone confirm? If it is, I am sure looking forward to my upcoming business trip to Memphis early next year... :D
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

Sorry, I dont want to hijack the thread but whats the weather like at Lodi in March? Is there a link to their website? Some friends and I went to Eloy this year and had a blast so next year we're planning on going back again. But now that I hear how good the freeflying is (and the jump prices) maybe we should go there instead.

Is March busy enough there to do about 8 jumps every day? And get some freefly coaching?

The website is mainly info for non jumpers. The weather in March is good.......unless it's not. ;)
There is no freefly school, but I can get you contact info for someone you can ask about coaching. 8 jumps a day during the week is possible if you can pack fast or have 2 rigs. Weekends is will be easy with 1 rig since they run 2 planes most of the time.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Ok, thanks. Why do you say its better to have two rigs during the week to get 8 jumps in? Do they stop jumping earlier during the week so we would have to get the jumps in quicker?

No problem about no freefly school, but we would want to get quite a bit of coaching wherever we decide to go.

The Dutch place used to be Blue Side Up on Texel. They were acquired by Paracentrum Texel next door, and next year might be different. No way to know until next year. No premanifesting!

Sweden has Stockholm, www.skydive.se, where prices can be as low as €6 for high, €2½ for low. But they do not run full-time. I doubt you could make your 1000 jumps there.
Johan.
I am. I think.

Froggy-

The $11 jump at West Tennessee Skydiving is only for the first load of the day, if you manifest for it before 8 am. Of course, $11 for a jump from Mullins' King Air is very cheap. The rest of the jumps are the normal $22 price. Great facility all around. My wife and I jumped there this weekend for the first time and had a ball.