steve1

Where to skydive over Christmas?

I'm considering going some where in the U.S. over Christmas to jump. My wife's going to visit her sick Mother in rainy Oregon, and that doesn't sound like any fun at all. It would probably be around Dec. 24th thru the 30th. I'd like to find a place with a load organizer (for belly flyers) and a big aircraft. I'll probably need my reserve repacked when I get there. (And I may need a good line to tell my wife, why I really need to do this.) Any recommendations? Thanks....Steve1

I've been to FL over the holidays and I've been to Eloy over the holidays. Eloy was really a lot more fun with more people, more planes and all sorts of different jumps being organized by some of the top jumpers in the sport.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Arizona is brown. Florida is green. Which would you prefer?

Either with a huge boogie and folks like Airspeed and Omar and the likes organizing skydives all day long.;)

That's probably why I've driven to Eloy twice but to Florida only once over the holidays.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2516404#2516404

2005 video link from vdschoor
http://www.iwanvanderschoor.com/eloy2005.html

Besides easy access from PDX in Oregon to PHX for usually a cheap price so you can do the family thing and go skydive. family Points and Easy access to Fun Points!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

My 2 cents says pick a drop Zone in N. California, Lodi, Skydance, etc. you can jump leading up to the holiday, pick a day and take the short plane ride to be with your wife and inlaws for the big day. No need to have a reason then. The brownie points may come in handy too.

do not tease us Dutchies with your superior weather and nonexisting winters.

we get like a full 6 months of shitty weather from here on. That climate change stuff isnt going fast enuf for me lol, dont care for the ice age part, just the global warming part. maybe if we fart even more on the plane.....

. I'd like to find a place with a load organizer (for belly flyers) and a big aircraft. I'll probably need my reserve repacked when I get there. (And I may need a good line to tell my wife, why I really need to do this.) Any recommendations? Thanks....Steve1

Skydive City has lots of belly fliers and plenty of organizers. New year's eve party is damn good too.
Padalcek - CCO, HF-17
http://www.theflyinghellfish.com
I'm not a real skydiver - but I do play one on dz.com.

STEVE... DUDE.......

Get your butt on down to Eloy for the Holiday Boogie...it just done get no better than that...

Lots of belly flying.. big planes.. BIG WAYS with Airspeed.

Hella good after hours stuff going on...

Lots of peeps you got to see at the LP Boogie...:)

I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned Perris or Elsinore! Eloy of course has a wonderful Holiday Boogie, but the So. Cal scene should not be overlooked and may be easier for you to get to. You should probably check out both dropzones, usually they knock about $2 off their standard lift prices (currently $22) from Xmas Eve thru New Year's Day. Elsinore has 2 Twin Otters, Perris has 3 (unfortunately the Perris Skyvan is still down with a blown engine the last I heard).

If you're a belly flyer, you'll really like the load organizing at Perris, it's excellent, plus they have The Bombshelter, a full service bar & restaurant right at the dropzone.

No promises either, but the word is that Perris will be flying loads with their DC-9 over the holidays, so if you've ever wanted to make a "DB Cooper" dive, this could be your chance.

So if you're wife's going to Oregon, get her squared away and then catch a flight down to the LA area (and try to avoid LAX if you can, Orange County and Long Beach both have wonderful airports that are much closer to the dropzones anyway. Definitely check out flights on Alaska and Jet Blue airlines.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !