falling.gator

Collegiate Boogie Jan. 12-15, 2007

What a great weekend! Movies, beer, good food, great drinking games, poker, Zoomies, defibulators, sky hook demos, chop chop jumps, and of course other kick ass jumps and entertaining swooping. Even with a few weather holds, this is one of the best weekends I have had jumping. I know there are some lucky bastards are jumping this morning too.

I would like to thank Art, Jeff, Jess, the rest of the staff, the Falling Gators, and the food/beer organizers for running a smooth boogie. I was also highly impressed with PDs attentiveness and drive to get good information out to the skydiving community. A big thanks to Matt at Sky Systems as well, for helping out with helmet issues. You all did a great job!

Pictures will be posted as soon as they are downloaded. Thanks for a great weekend everyone! B|
F LORIDA!

I would like to thank Art, Jeff, Jess, the rest of the staff, the Falling Gators, and the food/beer organizers for running a smooth boogie. I was also highly impressed with PDs attentiveness and drive to get good information out to the skydiving community. A big thanks to Matt at Sky Systems as well, for helping out with helmet issues. You all did a great job!

Hear, hear! Thanks to the Fastrax guys too - also, to the countless folks who helped out with all the little things, from feeding hungry skydivers and guests to cleaning up doggie poo that found its way to places it shouldn't have been. ;)

Art, had a great weekend.

Thanks to all the collegiates who showed. Hopefully, all of you experienced many dynamic and fun aspects of this sport, and more importantly, the vibrant and energetic nature of the folks in its community - and I don't just mean jumpers.

By the way, if anyone’s looking for one of the hundreds of photos I took this weekend, here you are... there are too many and they are way too big to post full size, so if you want anything you see here or any image you think might have been captured by my lens, email me.

Photos… click - here -

God Bless -

FunBobby

I would just like to thank all of you who attended making the boogie a success. The weather hold on Sunday was a bit of a drag, but atleast we got a great packing seminar out if it from PD and Mirage. I had alot of fun, and I hope to see you again next year.

We have had some requests for a T-shirt reorder either for significant others, those who wanted a second one for themselves, or those who wanted to attend but couldnt. If anyone would like to purchase one of the boogie T-shirts for whatever reason, please let me know. I plan on placing the reorder on Wednesday. The cost will be $20 and we will mail them to you. If you are interested either pm me on dropzone.com or email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Just to let everyone know we ended up doing another 10 loads today in the Caravan (I was able to skip outta work a bit early, like 10:30!!!:)
Fun weekend had by all I'm sure!!! Can't wait for the boogie the last weekend in June.

Jared and Max, after being around this sport pretty much all my life, I know how much of a pain it can be to organize an event like this. This is the second of hopefully many more Collegiate Boogies that I've been to, and I have to say that this event has gotten much bigger and better than last year and hopefully it will continue to grow!!!

On a very positive note, even with some pattern and landing area confusion there were no major injuries, (I noticed a few cuts and scrapes that Dr. Randy took care of) and the only reserve rides were intentional!!!!

Also congrats to all of the newest members of Team Dirty Sanchez!!! I'm not sure exactly how many were initiated this weekend but my number is #268!!!!

Again overall even with the weather hold on Sunday (which I think was welcomed by more than a few people with hangovers, or suffering from lack of sleep:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:) Just about everyone who wanted to make a jump did!!!

Congrats to all on a great weekend, and I hope for many more to come!!!:)B|
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

First off, i am taking no credit for the great weekend! Max, Jared and all of the Falling Gators did a GREAT job putting on a GREAT boogie that should continue to grow as word gets out! Thanks to Jess and Jeff and everyone else on the staff for keeping things going. PD and Mirage both deserve a big thank you for being so willing to help all of the jumpers with advise, demos and coaching jumps throughout the weekend and on into monday. The canopy and packing seminars were very helpful to jumpers of all experience levels.

let's see, there were 20 skyvan loads (with us not jumping both saturday morning and until three on sunday due to weather), 17 caravan loads, 15 cessna loads and of course 10 helicopter loads. the total number of jumps was right around 750.

again, it was a great boogie with something for everyone from rw, canopy skills, freeflying, wingsuiting and just some plain fun jumps. we will see eveyone back next year!

that was a canopy that was recovered while we were searching for the canopy that Gail had cut away earlier on Sunday. It was lost about 3-4 years ago as far as anyone can remember. The reason that it looks charred is because it was in an area that was burned to clear the underbrush. :P
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

Just thought I'd put in my own thank you to everyone, Max, Jared, Art, and everyone else who made this weekend kick ass. I don't think I could have had more fun if I tried. Also, thanks again to everyone who got in on the hoop dive, hopefully it'll be better next time.

that was a canopy that was recovered while we were searching for the canopy that Gail had cut away earlier on Sunday. It was lost about 3-4 years ago as far as anyone can remember. The reason that it looks charred is because it was in an area that was burned to clear the underbrush.

What? That wasn't the Stiletto 150 that I cut away??! :D

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

THE BOOGIE WAS REALLY SUPER IN EVERY RESPECT--
B|
TAXIWAY--IS A BOOGIE REQUIRED FOR THE HOTTIES TO COME OUT? I HOPE NOT!B|

the burned canopy story is a keeper--

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

Now that I've had a chance to settle into my new apartment in Cincinnati, and finally have internet, I'd like to thank everyone. Max and I could not have pulled this off without the cooperation of everyone there: manifest, packers, sponsors, coaches, instructors, jumpers, and friends. Most of all I'd like to thank all the Falling Gators members for an outstanding showing of support for the event. We even had someone show up to help out even though he couldn't jump at all. This event can continue to grow and improve if we all keep up the effort. I had a great time and I hope all of you did as well. I'll miss everyone at Palatka while I'm freezing in Cinci. Have fun and be safe.

Jared Lee
Cohete Rodriguez / Team Dirty Sanchez #74
Former President, UF Falling Gators

Yo there were some videos playing at the boogie and one had this song I want. The chorus was something like "oooo lordy, flying so high..." Does anyone know what the song title/artist is?

If it's what I'm thinking of, it's by Moby and called "Troubles So Hard"