falling.gator

Collegiate Boogie Jan. 12-15, 2007

Just to make it official. The boogie fee will be $30. You still get all the free stuff as mentioned earlier in this forum (T-shirt, meals for 2 days, packing course, canopy course, coaching, raffle, goodies...etc)

We will also be having a poker tournament fundraiser. $5 entry free, no limit texas hold-em. The winner gets a free jump.

Also we will have a few Tony Suit wingsuits there for people to demo for free as well.

who is going to be out there on friday? I have class till 2 here in melbourne, then will head up for the festivities for the evening! :)
Is anybody going to have that electric star game with them??? Ohhhh, god-- I can go for some entertainment! :D
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Your boogie fee has increased to $335. That is the price of wearing a shirt of a winning team!....not to mention punishment for listening to ESPN!

I don't listen to ESPN, I'm a born and bred Buckeyes fan. I'm not a frontrunner. And I must admit Florida was the much better team last night. So wear your stupid shirts with pride. I still wouldn't be caught dead in that ugly thing. If my boogie fee is $335 I guess I won't be coming anyway. Was seriously considering it, seeing how the weather in Atlanta isn't cooperating. Too bad, because I really like Palatka...

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I don't listen to ESPN, I'm a born and bred Buckeyes fan. I'm not a frontrunner. And I must admit Florida was the much better team last night. So wear your stupid shirts with pride. I still wouldn't be caught dead in that ugly thing. If my boogie fee is $335 I guess I won't be coming anyway. Was seriously considering it, seeing how the weather in Atlanta isn't cooperating. Too bad, because I really like Palatka...

Just to clarify about the shirt. The design was never intended to incenuate in any way or form, nor to reflect the outcome of the football game. When I noticed what colleges were going to be attending, and considering 3 of our regular Palatka jumpers also went to Ohio State, I figured a buckeye had rights to be on the shirt.

The original design of the shirt had the buckeye in the raft instead of the Clemson tiger, however when Clemson confirmed they were going to be at the boogie, I needed to somehow balance out the symmetry of the characters on the shirt, and the best way was to bring someone else to the front with the gator (who was originally doing a sit). I chose to bring the buckeye to the front, making him the largest college mascot on the shirt so that the shirt would be iconic to the year of the boogie since they were playing UF in the National Championship. Regardless of the outcome of that game, I figured 3 years down the road people would remember the boogie to correspond with this years BCS National Championship, to distinguish this shirt from future collegiat boogie shirts.

Originally the two mascots were doing a 2-way sitfly, until some of the rivalry comments started (initiated by Swoop). In spite of disparaging remarks, not to mention my knack of creating a comedic relief, I thought people would appreciate the humor of a rodeo on the shirt. Since the Falling Gators are organizing the boogie, it was only natural that we were the ones rodeoing the Buckeye.

As any skydiver who has either seen, done, or been rodeo'd can tell you, that it is something, that when done, usually generates weeks of laughter to follow, especially if it were caught on video. The fact that the Buckeye was getting rodeo'd was merely to serve the purpose of honoring Ohio State for their football team's achievement of being in the #1 seat, honoring the Ohio State students and alumni who were going to be present at the boogie, and provide something to chuckle at that only skydivers would appreciate.

Just to clarify about the shirt. The design was never intended to incenuate in any way or form, nor to reflect the outcome of the football game. When I noticed what colleges were going to be attending, and considering 3 of our regular Palatka jumpers also went to Ohio State, I figured a buckeye had rights to be on the shirt.

The original design of the shirt had the buckeye in the raft instead of the Clemson tiger, however when Clemson confirmed they were going to be at the boogie, I needed to somehow balance out the symmetry of the characters on the shirt, and the best way was to bring someone else to the front with the gator (who was originally doing a sit). I chose to bring the buckeye to the front, making him the largest college mascot on the shirt so that the shirt would be iconic to the year of the boogie since they were playing UF in the National Championship. Regardless of the outcome of that game, I figured 3 years down the road people would remember the boogie to correspond with this years BCS National Championship, to distinguish this shirt from future collegiat boogie shirts.

Originally the two mascots were doing a 2-way sitfly, until some of the rivalry comments started (initiated by Swoop). In spite of disparaging remarks, not to mention my knack of creating a comedic relief, I thought people would appreciate the humor of a rodeo on the shirt. Since the Falling Gators are organizing the boogie, it was only natural that we were the ones rodeoing the Buckeye.

As any skydiver who has either seen, done, or been rodeo'd can tell you, that it is something, that when done, usually generates weeks of laughter to follow, especially if it were caught on video. The fact that the Buckeye was getting rodeo'd was merely to serve the purpose of honoring Ohio State for their football team's achievement of being in the #1 seat, honoring the Ohio State students and alumni who were going to be present at the boogie, and provide something to chuckle at that only skydivers would appreciate.

Dont sweat it dude, I think the shirt rocks. Whens the poker tourney? Im in!
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!