jerry81

Anyone considering Skydive Venezuela this winter- please read!!!

This is pretty important information regarding exchange rates:
Venezuela effectively works with two exchange rates for foreign currency- the fixed official rate used by banks and government agencies and the black market that changes day to day as is normal and is used by everyone else.
When you use credit cards or cash machines, your account will be charged by the official rate, which is 20-30% lower than what you can get on the black market.

If you're coming to Skydive Venezuela for the cheap jumps, you should bring cash with you (preferably US$, since the exchange rate is slightly better than the Euro) otherwise the 16$ tickets become 21$.

You can pay your jumps in Dollars- you can't exchange money at the dz, but finding someone to do it for you is generally no problem.:)

Not that I know of, I only came here about a year ago...maybe I should check if I have any long-lost relatives here in South America.

One more thing regarding payments at Skydive Venezuela:
if you're coming from Europe or the States, you can also make a wire transfer for the amount of jumps you plan to make if you're not comfortable with bringing so much cash with you. You can contact [email protected] for account details.

well... you don't want to be robbed carrying three weeks skydiving in cash with you. considering venezuela not as safe as switzerland, i think that's something to think about..

any ways to transfer the money without using the "bank exchange rate"? i think iread something about "wire transfer" on the website..

"He tried to kill me! He tried to f***ing kill me!"

Please keep in mind the political climate the world is currently in and be aware of entry/exit and or health requirements of any country you may have to stop or stay in on the way to your destination.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Please keep in mind the political climate the world is currently in and be aware of entry/exit and or health requirements of any country you may have to stop or stay in on the way to your destination.

are you referring to venezuela being part of the "axis of evil"?

but you're right, leaving your country is dangerous. there be dragons..

@jakee: some even make chocolate and cheese..

"He tried to kill me! He tried to f***ing kill me!"

I'm planning to go there... no, wait! I'm already here (he, he).

Now seriously, as of today, the difference between both rates is 58% :o so Jerry's suggestion is the sensible thing to do.

si en la cama hay un castor, dormirá con más calor

Question: All we need is a passport correct??

Yes. Also, yellow fever vaccination is recommended (at least 2 weeks before departure) as well as antimalarics if you intend to travel in the high-risk regions of the country (the dropzone is not in one of them).