mac2501

Deland DZ

hello ,
im flying to the Orlando tomorrow , and i will be jumping in Deland for the next ten days , but i have to keep the wife happy so does anybody know how far the theme parks are from Deland ie: Sea world , Uneversial studios or any of the others

cheers Mac

Universal and Sea World are probably about an hour away, add another 15 min to that to get to Disney. She can go right down I-4 to get there, but beware that it is very busy and congested at rush hours. There are also a bunch of outlet malls in that area. PM me for me info if you like and don't forget about the beaches being nearby that she can go to.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

See you at the DZ! :)
There are several organizers (RW, FF, tracking, etc.) who call DeLand home, so be sure to ask who to check in with when getting your orientation. There are tons of good, fun people here who would love to include you in their jumps, so introduce yourself. ;)

I'm a good, fun people, but I suck. :D I'll be happy to join in on some challenging (meaning, challenging your patience) RW if you're looking for jump partners this weekend. :)
I look forward to meeting you & the wife, either way!

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

I jumped there on vacation a few weekends ago. Everyone was pretty nice and found people to jump with on 2 of my 4 loads. Saturday was a lot more active than Sunday. Scott did my orientation and treated me fairly for a novice 100 jump, out of state skydiver. Nice planes and $20 a lift ticket were great. Overall I would go back.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar