ksjumper

2nd Annual All Kansas Cessna Boogie Sept. 22-24 @ KSUPC

Once again the DZO's in Kansas will gather the state's fleet of C-182s in one place to allow jumpers to get to know each other a little better and have a good time in the spirit of unity. Everyone is invited, you don't have to be from Kansas to attend.

This year's boogie will take place at The Kansas State University Parachute Club's DZ at Wamego, Kansas. We hope to fly a couple planes on Friday and Sunday with at least 4 on the Saturday of the boogie. Just like last year, it will be a no frills boogie with no registration. We'll take donations for pizza at the end of the day and I'm sure there is enough beer owed around here to cover that end of it.

Performance Designs will be there with demos and so will Art from The Skydive Store. So if you're thinking about new gear these guys can help you decide. GO FAST has also signed on to keep everyone energized.

KSUPC Alumni from all over the USA will also be gathering at this event. If you fit this category please contact us! Nothing formal is planned, just hanging out and making a few jumps with old friends for those still active.

FMI go to:
kansasskydivingboogie.com
or
skydivekstate.com

Jesse
KSUPC
aka-Skydive K-State

last year we had a pretty damned good time... multiple plane formation loads were a blast, and at the end of the day there was a 20way "sunset" cross country.

and having a PD and the Skydive Store come out to Kansas is a pretty cool thing for us cessna jumpers. Most of us don't have a gear store or demo availability at our DZs.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Relative Workshop will be there also. I'll be bringing 4 Demo rigs and an intentional cutaway rig.

On a side note, I'll be owing beer at this boogie because I've never jumped a 182 before. I've got a couple 206 jumps but when I made these there was a big turbine plane sitting right next to it and we went up to do a novelty jump.....

I'm looking forward to this boogie. I think it will be a FUN time.

Mark Klingelhoefer
Relative Workshop

Awwwww

I feel like an outcast, I could have sworn we were there last year and had a great time!;)

If I am not mistaken this has been on the schedule since April.:(

http://www.sunpath.com/index-old2.htm

We will be there with numerous Javelin Odyssey demo rigs, filled with PD canopies ready to jump.

Hope to see you all there. This is a great boogie!

J

I have a seriously HUGE favor to ask...

We will be at the Cessna Boogie (I can't wait!) and should arrive in town on Thursday of next week.

My kitty cat is in Dallas. We have some friends going to Belle Plaine, KS (just outside of Wichita) this coming weekend. Is there ANYONE who can meet them and cat-sit for us for a few days until we can get there?? We'll be happy to reimburse you for the gas you use going to meet them. I am flying out of KCI on Monday and want desperately to take my kitty home with me. It will make life very difficult if we can't find a way to get her to Kansas so she can fly home with me on Monday.

Anybody?? Is there another cat lover out there who can help us out?? She's so easy and gentle and loving... :)

Sorry J, It's hard to believe our little old cessna boogie is attracting so much attention. It will be great to have you guys!

On another note, if jumpers are looking for canopy coaching we have what you need as quoted from Isaiah from PD:

"Scott Roberts from team Fastrax Swoop and myself will be available for any canopy coaching, a lot of what we'll probably end up doing is air to air drill dives."

Come on out and take advantage of their expertise.

Jesse

Jamie,
My DZ isn't very far from Belle Plane, but I don't know that my dogs would get along with your kitty. I would think that someone would keep her for you, I just don't know exactly who. I could ferry her to Wamego in my airplane if she comes with a carrier, just don't know what to do with her in the meantime.

Martin
AC DZ
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

...are you still paying for gas if i were to drive to texas and pick up your kitty?? (j/king)

Ummm... if it's about $25 then sure! :P Unfortunately I guess that means I don't get to take my kitty home with me. :(

**complete side note... our dropzone recentlly installed wireless internet. if you'd like to use it for the boogie weekend it's $5 to cover all three days.

(if you'd like 6months for $40, that's also an option)

That's great! Of course, you'll have several people mention that it's free at most dropzones. You know how skydivers are... FREE FREE FREE!! :D