vdschoor

Byron Boogie 2006 - Oct 13-15, 2006

FYI for those not following the other thread.

Sooo.... any of you locals heard any rumors about what's gonna happen plane-wise now that it looks like the Perris 'van is out of commission?[:/]

Obviously since this just happened this weekend, the scrambling may be just starting.

Phone calls were being made yesterday. We will come up with something...

For those of you that are interested, I spoke with Pat Conatser this afternoon (10/3) and he asked that I post this for him. The Skyvan will be down for at least a month, probably longer. :(

For those of you wondering why jump ticket prices cost what they do, this little "fix" will cost over $100,000 (probably WELL over $100,000). Also, having spent a few days at Perris in the past, I know that Pat, Ben and their mechanics won't let the Skyvan back in the air until everything is right. Ask Pat sometime why he puts such effort into aircraft maintenance and safety. His stock answer is, "My family and friends are on those planes". Of course, he also might be flying one of them, so I guess there is a big incentive to get things right.

Jack Gramley

I am sure the Byron crew will let us know all know what plan "B" is as soon as they get the logistics worked out.

Thanks for the info Phil. Nice to know.

Just an FYI...

Connie has sent out an email on NCS stating the the broke down Skyvan will be replaced with an otter for the boogie next weekend. So fear not!

but i know everyone is really coming to listen to Gareth's band. Worst and 80's in the same sentence has got to be a good time.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Just an FYI...

Connie has sent out an email on NCS stating the the broke down Skyvan will be replaced with an otter for the boogie next weekend. So fear not!

but i know everyone is really coming to listen to Gareth's band. Worst and 80's in the same sentence has got to be a good time.

1. What/where is NCS?

2. Iwan's initial post says: "There will be a skyvan, kingair, and other aircraft to be announced." A third turbine? Perhaps one of the PACs from Davis? I just remember on Saturday last year that is seemed like we could have used more lift capacity. Just sayin'

Just an FYI...

1. What/where is NCS?

2. Iwan's initial post says: "There will be a skyvan, kingair, and other aircraft to be announced." A third turbine? Perhaps one of the PACs from Davis? I just remember on Saturday last year that is seemed like we could have used more lift capacity. Just sayin'

Per DZ Management, its gonna be our King Air and a Twin Otter.
At the time of the posting there was talk about maybe an additional aircraft. Don't get your hopes up, it will most likely be just the two airplanes.
The additional aircraft was maybe a helicopter, but those guys are really hard to give a commitment since they are "on call" for fires and stuff like that.

Just an FYI...

1. What/where is NCS?

Per DZ Management, its gonna be our King Air and a Twin Otter.
At the time of the posting there was talk about maybe an additional aircraft. Don't get your hopes up, it will most likely be just the two airplanes.
The additional aircraft was maybe a helicopter, but those guys are really hard to give a commitment since they are "on call" for fires and stuff like that.

Thanks for the clarification.

My interpretation of the original rumored plan was a SkyVan, KA (byron's) and the second PAC750 from Davis if need arised. Well the Skyvan ate a motor and Davis's 2nd pac was dispatched on a long term lease. Well poop happens! Thanks Byron for getting an Otter to replace the skyvan!!

My plans have changed so I will only be there for Sat. Thanks for all the hard work so someone else will have to kick the chili up a notch!!

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

My interpretation of the original rumored plan was a SkyVan, KA (byron's) and the second PAC750 from Davis if need arised. Well the Skyvan ate a motor and Davis's 2nd pac was dispatched on a long term lease. Well poop happens! Thanks Byron for getting an Otter to replace the skyvan!!

So I wasn't the only thinking this way....

My plans have changed so I will only be there for Sat. Thanks for all the hard work so someone else will have to kick the chili up a notch!!

At least one less person to fart on the plane! See you next Saturday!

I hope to get out tomorrow afternoon for a jump or 3.:)

Okay, I am there. Bringing my tent and sleeping bag. Bonnie said I can take a quick shower in her RV. So I am wonderin, am I gonna be okay in a tent? Or am I gonna freeeze to death? I could get a room but don't really have the money for that.....but if it's gonna be really cold...so what's it like?

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Okay, I am there. Bringing my tent and sleeping bag. Bonnie said I can take a quick shower in her RV. So I am wonderin, am I gonna be okay in a tent? Or am I gonna freeeze to death? I could get a room but don't really have the money for that.....but if it's gonna be really cold...so what's it like?

Freeze? Well, the fact that you live in SoCal means you'd whine when it was <80....but then again, you seemed to survive evening at Eloy. Night time lows will probably be around 50, high 40s at the LOWEST. You'll be fine.

Hey Ev,

I've tented the last 2 years. I don't recall being cold.... Be sure to bring EXTRA strong stakes for your tent though just in case the winds kick up. Last year we ended up securing my tent to my car so it didn't blow away.

If you're worried about being cold just bring some extra blankets you should be good!

xoxo g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I forgot to ask last weekend when I was out at Byron, but can anyone confirm if there are going to be showers this year? Showers on a trailer again?

They are using the camping showers again, not the trailer we had a couple of years ago.

Also.. Saturday night is "filmfest" before Karaoke starts.. bring out your editted footage and we'll play it on the big screen.
Of course, we're going to be playing our jumps from the day on the screen and we can point and laugh at each other's cool and or stupid moves!

Okay Michelle! How 'bout coming down to see your long lost sister? How can you be my evil twin if we NEVER see each other? Hmmmm?

You'll be sorry if I show up there! Think of what would happen if you and I got together again!!

:P:P

One day my dear, one day. I miss you!!

How about I try and plan for a wee visit in the spring sometime. Does that work for you???

Love you lots!

xoxox

'Shell
'Shell

Gawd Damn Evelin, don't advertise that shit! ;)

She meant that I would hang a sun shower for her off the back of my van.... yeah.... that's it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Gawd Damn Evelin, don't advertise that shit! ;)

She meant that I would hang a sun shower for her off the back of my van.... yeah.... that's it.

My first though too. :D

Iwan/Bonnie,
The water for those sun showers had like 5x as much chlorine in it as a swimming pool. Any chance we can get the water to be not so chlorinated? I didn't believe TallGuy until I tried it myself. Woa. My only real request. (That, and if a couple of tailgates materializing out of nowwhere of course.)

It's really cold. So cold that really the only way to survive is to share your sleeping bag with a friend. Byron folks are typically more than happy to do this - understandable since it's a matter of life and death.

It's really cold. So cold that really the only way to survive is to share your sleeping bag with a friend. Byron folks are typically more than happy to do this - understandable since it's a matter of life and death.

Nothing to be concerned about because everyone knows California guys are gay. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.