normiss

2007 Puerto Rico Freefall Festival

I got 8 beach jumps last year!
the beauty of the island makes it worth the trip alone!

then there's the chicas.....B|

Ahh, beach jumps, we did some this weekend. Here is some Beach Jumps video from this weekend. On Saturday there was a wedding going on when we landed. If I had know I would had landed closer. You can see them in the background. ;)

For some reason, people started to run. Since they don't know me, there is now way they can know how bad my landings are. So I can't see a reason for them getting scared. :P

from the tv show i saw--you're dangerous way before landing!B|B|
wish i was coming, but it's not on this year--

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

Pre-register now!! deadline- Jan. 8th.

You might want to consider having a secure website if you are taking credit card numbers over the web. Most people wouldn't (shouldn't) want to put their financial information into an unsecure webform. I will be phoning mine in, when I register, if that is possible.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hi Amanda, The person is on vacation and every year we have a group rate and this next year will be no different. Again, when you check in, let them know you are a skydiver and it will be honored.

I called two different hotels and both of them said there was no skydiver discount available. Guess everybody is "on vacation". :S Call me silly for sounding doubtful, but if the hotel promised me there would be discounted jump tickets at the boogie, I wouldn't believe them either. You are advertising something that neither hotel will confirm.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I started to work on some directions on how to get from the San Juan airport to the DZ, DZ to the nearby hotels, and DZ to the beach and the welcome party.

You can download it from DZ directions.

If you are an old hand at traveling down to the Island, maybe you can suggest others spots that need to be marked on the maps. If you following this directions and still get lost, feel free to pull over and ask someone else :P.

PS. You will need Acrobat Reader to open this file. You can download from www.adobe.com

I made one new entry in the map for the Mamposteao Restaurant in Hatillo. That is like half a mile west of Punta Maracayo on road #2. I also made some comments about returning from the beach and that hard to find entrance to the side road for the Rosa del Mar Hotel. ;)

Locations in the map:
The DZ
San Juan International Airport (SJU)
Beach Landing site
Salitre Restaurant
Mamposteao Restaurant
El Buen Cafe Hotel and Restaurant
Punta Maracayo Resort and Restaurant
Punta Maracayo camping area
San Isidro camping area
Hotel Rosa del Mar and Restaurant
Walmart

You can find the maps at the usual location: DZ directions.

By the way, there is 50 days to the Boogie. ;) Click here to get a more accurate count. B|
Saludos,
Orlando
Hispa #48 || www.amador.org || Xtreme Divers

Minimum "C" requirements.

See Jason or Viviana for further questions!!

Come and have a great time in Puerto Rico!

I cannot tell you how true this is!!!
My best friend Michelle and I did not miss one single beach jump last year tha I know of ... thanks to Vivi and Jason!!!
;)B|B|

Where is the Condo Located? Is the location something that other skydivers could be interested?

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been watching these threads for a while as I was distracted handling things after BOTH of my college-age daughters totaled theirs cars within two days of each other in two different Texas cities 6-hours apart. What are the odds ...

I found a very nice gated secure 2-bedroom/2-bath place for 5-of us on the beach midway between San Juan and the DZ (about 20 mins down the freeway) for about $50/person/night. Here's the link [http://www.villasdecostamar.com/]. We wanted a nice place as we are going to do the whole week in PR, touristy things first, then boogie toward the weekend.

When I rented, the owner still had another similar unit in the same building available.

Hope this helps.

BF aka FB

Old Guys Rock!

Minimum "C" requirements.

See Jason or Viviana for further questions!!

Come and have a great time in Puerto Rico!

does that mean have an actuall c license or be qualified for the c ?

im c qualified just havnt sent everything in yet...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

I bought my ticket, so far I don't know anyone from Dallas going, or anywhere else for that matter.
This is going to be great especially since PR was my home for the first 16 years of my life, haven't been back for a few years now, what better way to go...
I look forward to meeting all of you and having some fun.
~Freedom is never free

Just as a reminder, the passport requirement for US citizens that starts on January 23rd does not apply to Puerto Rico. As described on the state department web site:

The passport requirement does NOT apply to U.S. citizens traveling to or returning directly from a U.S. territory. U.S. citizens returning directly from a U.S. territory are not considered to have left the United States and do not need to present a passport. U.S. territories include the following: Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Swains Island, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

So leave your passport at home and come down to the island!!!

For more information visit:
US Department of State

PS. off course, if you decide to hop from here to one of the non-us parts of the Caribbean, the I suggest you bring it. ;)
Saludos,
Orlando
Hispa #48 || www.amador.org || Xtreme Divers

I just called yesterday to make my reservations here and was told there was not a group rate for skydivers...:S But atleast i got my room booked anyway. :)

Is it true that a certian person will be making their 100th skydive there and getting married at the same time or is that just rumor?