SARLDO

Guam

Hello there,

I am off to Guam in the near future (thanks to Uncle Sam) and wondering if anybody knows of a DZ there. I can't find anything recent about skydiving on the island.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

My wife and I spent four months working on Guam. The fellow who runs the operation there as well as the one on Saipan is a very nice person. When we were there he was gracious but firm about fun jumpers.

Buy a tandem or watch us jump were our two choices. They land on a soccer field with the tandems and he is paranoid about bad press if a fun jumper makes the Pacific Daily News for a negative reason like hooking in or landing out with marginal success. Good luck maybe you will be more persuasive.:)
There are other ways to jump though, filing a NOTAM is not that big a deal and beach landings are more fun anyway!B|
A mile of highway can take you a mile
But a mile of Runway can take you anywhere!

Blue Sky Traveler

Thanks for the info. Sounds like i might have to go to Australia once in a while to get it out of my system.

Blue Sky's!
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

We got cheap flights Guam to Cairns, Australia and jumped at Skydive Cairns (Nomad) and also went down to the Tully Aerodrome and jumped their 182.
Good on ya!

SCUBAed the Great Barrier Reef while in Cairns so all in all not a bad time.

Learn how to pronounce Hafaday-(Chamorro greeting) Try Betel Nuts while you are there if you are so inclined. They are a polynesian stimulant our workers dipped sort of like snuff every day. Great people on that island--- just stay away from The Ichi Bang massage Parlor!!!:o

If you make friends with the locals they will show amazing hidden swimming holes the tourists never see. Paradise! And be prepared for everyone you know to ask you about snakes when you mention Guam, we never saw a single one. They are mostly under control now.
A mile of highway can take you a mile
But a mile of Runway can take you anywhere!

Blue Sky Traveler

Looking forward to the SCUBA diving. Was in Guam back in 88 (seems so long ago) for a few days and have been trying to get stationed there ever since. Finally have the chance so I'm taking it. Hafaday and G'day mate

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Hello there,

I am off to Guam in the near future (thanks to Uncle Sam) and wondering if anybody knows of a DZ there. I can't find anything recent about skydiving on the island.

You have my condolances, I shipped over there in the early 1960's....looks like you are screwed, blued and tatooed both ways! Both duty wise & in a skydiving way. :)
relax kids, all you need is airtime airtime airtime and the ability to relax of course
Plan your dive and dive your plan bsbs

I'm based out of guam now for about three years. The dz is a tandem factory for japanese tourists, so i just left my rig in florida. The people are great, but firm about no fun jumpers. the landing site is pretty small and on the east side of the island. It really is a small soccer field surrounded by telephone poles. the people are pretty damn good. The only other way your going to get jumps in there is if your eod or nsw. its too bad cause the view is incredible. Things might change (not likely) when the 5000 marines move to the island in the next few years. invest in water sports or fly to australia.