alanab

Colorado DZ's.... yes, again!

Since I just moved to Coloradro very recently, I had to ask...
I just got done searching and reading posts about different Colorado DZ's.
I'm trying to figure out which DZ is the best and closest to where I live (englewood). It seems that there are a TON of differing oppinions on the subject. I just want to get the most updated views since there have probably been changes in management and new openings/closings of DZ's since the posts I was reading were all at least a year old, but most older.
By the way, im a free flyer that ocasionally gets on a belly jump for shits and giggles.

thanks ahead of time for your thoughts!

Welcome to Colorado! I just did my first jump out of Mile Hi in Longmont last weekend, so I can't comment on what's best. But I had a great experience there. The folks there were friendly, we didn't have to wait long for our plane, and I got a pretty good feeling about the place. I'm planning on doing my AFF there. Longmont is about an hour's drive from Englewood. I found this list right here on DZ:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/dropzone/page.cgi?g=North+America/United+States/Colorado

Oh yeah, there's a tunnel in Lone Tree which is right next to Englewood...

Chris
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

Are there even any other DZ's open other than Mile Hi?

The last I heard Brush is still closed. I think the one in Canon City is still open. Better call before you drive there though just to see. Maybe somebody who still lives there can give some better up to date info.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Are there even any other DZ's open other than Mile Hi?

The last I heard Brush is still closed. I think the one in Canon City is still open. Better call before you drive there though just to see. Maybe somebody who still lives there can give some better up to date info.

Brush will probably never have a DZ again unfortunately.
------
Michael