shellybellyfly

Couch Freaks 2006! Labor Day weekend

I'd be up for it, what size reserves do you have? I meet all the requirements though I weigh about 280 out the door. My current reserve is a 174 so I'd be fine with that or bigger if need be.

Very current and experience jumper. 1 mal, 1 intentional and 2 cleared mals so I'm up for the experience again.;)
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

In reply to: I meet all the requirements though I weigh about 280 out the door. My current reserve is a 174 so I'd be fine with that or bigger if need be.

Correct me if im wrong but im not aware of any reserves in the industry that are rated at 300lbs. jumper weight and gear, in a 174 sq.ft range. Where do you jump this gear at?? If this is C-23B certifed gear your a test jumper!! As a DZO i would be liable if that gear failed and i put you out of my plane not to mention the rigger who is servicing your gear.

This thread is about couch freaks not anything else. You know where I jump, actually anyone can see it just by clicking on my screen name, I don't hide behind fake accounts like others in KS have been doing.

As skydivers, we all sign waivers and jump at our own risk. I know my own limitations and accept the risks involved. I have a sealed letter that protects the skydiving community in the event of something were to happen to be opened in the event of my death.

And further more, I know for a FACT that you have jumpers who jump at YOUR dz that weigh well beyound my exit weight naked... I'd be happy to post video of them exiting your plane if you'd like :)
Anyway, stick to couch freaks, start a new thread if you want to stir the pot

8ish days till FREAKS!
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

I'd be up for it, what size reserves do you have? I meet all the requirements though I weigh about 280 out the door. My current reserve is a 174 so I'd be fine with that or bigger if need be.

Very current and experience jumper. 1 mal, 1 intentional and 2 cleared mals so I'm up for the experience again.;)

PM Sent

Mark Klingelhoefer

Sorry i did not look at your profile but rather saw the post and just wondered. I know most of the KS DZ's are like my operation on the MO side very conservative. Im not on here to start any shit or give you a hard time just curious. In reguards to anyone that has jumped at my DZ over that weight they would have been doing tandems or using C23-D gear otherwise lying to me on their weights. No need to start a new thread you answered my question. Enjoy the Freaks!!

Sorry i did not look at your profile but rather saw the post and just wondered. I know most of the KS DZ's are like my operation on the MO side very conservative. Im not on here to start any shit or give you a hard time just curious. In reguards to anyone that has jumped at my DZ over that weight they would have been doing tandems or using C23-D gear otherwise lying to me on their weights. No need to start a new thread you answered my question. Enjoy the Freaks!!
Chris: the best defense when they are caught dirty is a good offense! and a letter from the deceased will always fix everything! (for the deceased) the living must sort it out for themselves.

What are we talking about here...I'm confused.:S Oh yeah the thread title involves Couch Freaks. It's gonna be pretty cool.:)

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

All I can say is SWEEEEET!

Well maybe not everything I can say. I've been to every Dollar Dayz boogie since 1995. At that time I had something like 60 jumps, also did my first naked jump there that year (made Paul Harvey). Finally won the Best Dressed a couple of years ago, and retired from competition at the top! Started doing tandems there in 2000 or so, now have well over 2000 jumps and am an official ass hole since 2001 (DZO).

See ya at the Beer Truck Wednesday evening!

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Hey Martin

As usual, I have a hot young lady (or 2) who'd like to make a tandem at Couch Freaks with a little clothing as possible........possibly none at all.

U up for it again?:);)

Up for it? That's my Chapstick!

Yep, I'm bringing a couple of tandem rigs. You know I've not taken a totally naked chick, maybe this is the year for that little novelty? (Beer!)

I was considering not even working (tandems) this year, we've been so busy at home, and I'm a little tired of working 80 hour weeks (40 day job, 40 DZ). That said, we've been down (maintenance issue :()for the two weekends before Labor Day, so I've had a little vacation (only working 40 hours a week, WOW!), so I may work the tandem concession a day or two anyway.

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Sure, I'm almost always up for beer!

Also, I'm hoping that a couple of our "borrowed" items may mysteriously be returned to "Camp Kansas" this year. We had a Kansas flag, "Jump" street sign, and my hat disappear last year. I assumed that it was supposed to be some sort of practical joke, like steeling the mascot from your rival high school or something, so it'll be nice to have our stuff back this year.

If it wasn't a harmless prank type of thing, then I guess it would fall into the class of something like steeling PD wind blades. Now that only would be done by the lowest class of low life! Hopefully everything will be returned this year (including and especially the PD wind blades!), and my faith in humanity will be restored!

I'd like to be an optimist, but I don't think it would work out.
Martin

AC DZ

hoping that a couple of our "borrowed" items may mysteriously be returned

We had a power adapter (3 prong outlet to a 4-way regular outlet) taken the last day. I'm sure we'll never see it again.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants