shellybellyfly

Couch Freaks 2006! Labor Day weekend

Oh just fyi for those going to cf.

The legend Jimmy Coinner will once again be celebrating another birthday at couch freaks..

And for the girls I happen to know what motel jimmy will be staying at, just pm me and I will fill you in.

Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

I had to buy a new computer. I destroyed the other keyboard that the keys were sticking too.

I mean just thinking about Couch Freaks, the chicken pooper, balloons, helocopter and Jimmy....

Oh god, there I go aggaaiinn.... Dammnnnit, goooot somme onnnn thhe keeyboaard aggain
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

i have an american airlines ticket to burn before 9/7 and this is perfect! couch freaks sounds like a blast!

but i need some help here, where do i stay? how far is the dz from the airport? can i get a ride from someone or should i rent a car? how many days should i stay.

should i bring my BASE rig? ;)

i haven't booked a ticket yet so my schedule is wide open.

this is going to be so much fun!

Hmmm... looks like American Airlines does not fly to the Fort Dodge airport, you'll have to fly into Des Moines and drive to Fort Dodge. Depending on when you arrive in Des Moines and when you want to leave, you could ride with me. It's only about 1 1/2 hour drive. PM me if interested. You can camp out onsite, or a list of hotels close to the boogie is at www.couchfreaks.com.

Unlimited beer and jello shots! And I'm sure Sailor Jerry will be anchored in Zoomeeland as well. Whatever happens folks, let's remember that we're all in this together!;)

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Mom, let me tell you a few things about Labor Day boogies. There are certain things that are explicitly tied to registration fees that you’ll get anywhere, such as; showers, trash cleanup, sound systems, load organizers, Otters, King Airs, etc. We’ve got all those, as do other boogies.

Let me tell you about a few things that differentiate us from THE other boogies that you might be considering this year:

• Free beer from the moment the boogie opens to when it closes. 24/6. No waiting for the beer light if you want to take the day off.
• Bands. We’ve got 4 nights of bands in the party hangar already booked. We’re not talking local chumps here, these are acts from across the nation.
• Swimming pool. NEW FOR 2006! Do you remember the hot tub antics in 2000? No? We do. This year the airport has allowed us to bring a large body of water back to the boogie. This won’t be your regular boogie Petri dish, this year the chemical levels will be maintained by one of your professional neighborhood Couch Freaks.
• Couches. We offer the most comfortable loading tent in the country stocked with couches to hang out in while you wait.
• Toilets. Sure, we have the standard issue port-a-potties, but if you want some serious down time to reflect on the unexpected guest in your tent last night, or to get something down on paper, we also offer luxury climate-controlled toilets.
• Boogie bags/mugs. We offer fully stocked boogie bags to everyone through the gate, whether you arrive first thing Wednesday or Sunday evening. Beer cups and koozies for all!
• Power to the people. Last year we added a ton more electrical service for RV’s. I don’t recall how much, but my fingertips are still sore from putting them in.
• Free food. MMMM free food. We feed boogie attendees not one, not two, but THREE nights! Wed/Fri/Sat you will feast like an Iowa hog. (or on Wednesday, feast on an Iowa hog)
• Hundreds of free jello shots. Our very own shellybellyfly will be bringing out jello shots during the evening festivities. Could she be Jello-J’s long lost Midwest twin?
• Skyvan. Hot air balloons. Pitts acrobatic biplane. Helicopter. Don’t worry, we’ve got all that, too.

The boogie is staffed/ran by members of the Des Moines Skydivers, a small club that normally jumps Cessnas out of Winterset, IA. This all-volunteer staff works their butt off so that you can have the best Labor Day boogie possible!!! Come out for our 26th year in operation. You’ll only be a stranger once. Need more info? Check out www.couchfreaks.com

See ya there,
b

I just booked my flight. Relative Workshop will be there for the duration (I fly in on the 31st and out on the 5th). I'm looking forward to owing free beer to everyone for my first dollar daze. I'll be bringing Demo Rigs and the intentional cutaway rig so if you want to experience how quick this thing really is, come talk to me.

Mark Klingelhoefer
Relative Workshop Sales

I'll be bringing Demo Rigs and the intentional cutaway rig so if you want to experience how quick this thing really is, come talk to me.

What will be the cost of doing an intentional cutaway there? I've always wanted to try one.

MB 3528, RB 1182

registration fees ......

• Free beer
• Free food. MMMM free food.

nothing is 'free':S

But, for what is paid in registration vs what is provided? It's got to be one of the best deals for going to a boogie in the world. And it's also just a plain good time.

It should be fun seeing how the swimming pool works out. Who drew the short straw to keep that clean?

If you see a staff member, do thank them. They give their all to this thing.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Paul George drew the short straw on pool duty. You may recognize him as the 2005 chicken man. I think he has a pool at his house, or used to work in the pool industry, or something. :S He has done a good job with our pool in Winterset this summer, so it ought to be pretty friggin sweet at Ft. Dodge!

Jimmy has been very popular lately. Almost every night I go out I meet some chick who wants to call him and ask for technical support. The range of issues they're having are:

"Jimmy I'm wet and don't know what to do"
"Jimmy what are you wearing"
"Jimmy I want you"
"Jimmy my speakers don't work, I sat on the subwoofer trying to get off and they broke"

Though he keeps responding with "Let me talk to Chris..."

I'm telling ya, he's the biggest thing to hit Manhattan, and they haven't even SEEN his hemi powered penis yet haha.
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

I'll be bringing Demo Rigs and the intentional cutaway rig so if you want to experience how quick this thing really is, come talk to me.

What will be the cost of doing an intentional cutaway there? I've always wanted to try one.

The cost of the intenrional Cutaway is your slot plus whatever I can get a rigger to repack the first reserve for (ususlly around $30-$40 because it is a quick reserve pack job). I cover my own slot and shoot video for the jump. You get a copy of the video at no charge. The requirements for the jump are:
1. 500 jumps
2. Reasonable winds
3. You have to be heads up enough to handle the jump.

Let me know if you meet the requirements and we'll go do it.

Mark Klingelhoefer