jrpraeter

Richmond "THE" Boogie 2006

Save time and money by registering online for Richmond 2006! Discount jump tix now available!

Register Now by clicking link below
http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/ProductListing.aspx?GID=4799557&Dept=163256

Online registration ends August 23, 2006!

19th Annual
Richmond "THE" Boogie
August 30 - September 4, 2006

Need some organization?
Sporto ~ Marshall Scalasi
Matty Wright ~ BoXman
John "T" and more...

Mike Mullins Super King Air
Skydive Chicago Super Otter
Chicagoland Super Otter
Specialty A/C TBA

"The original boogie"

FMI: [email protected]
or call 765-965-0435

What we didn't scare you off those the last time.:P
But of course, the round loads have been tradition for, well 18 years now, this will be the 19th annual, weather permitting of course.;)

~
~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I was expecting to see some more promotional info/details at your DZ's home site, but it hasn't been updated since before the '05 boogie.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

[:/]
Our apologies for that. Our webmaster seems to have taken a vacation and has not updated our site for the boogie this year to no explanation yet at this point.

To compensate we have included all current boogie information on our events page (one page we can update). It's not perfect, but what in skydiving is? :S

Please feel free to click on this link for the current boogie dates and information!

http://www.skydiverichmond.com/events_event.php?event_id=258

Also, feel free to contact us at 765.965.0435 or email us at [email protected] for any of your questions!

Thanks for keeping us on our toes, we'll see you soon!

Jaime

Thanks.

I'll post my questions here since I think they are general.

Any prospect of balloon jumps? After doing it at Rantoul, I'm itching for another.

With pre-registration at $40, what will it be on-site?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Any prospect of balloon jumps?

Sorry not this year, we have had them in the past.
We are still working on a helicopter at this time.

With pre-registration at $40, what will it be on-site?

Registration covers,
Beer kegs every nite
Bands
Showers
The large tent for loading
The porti potties
The nice Glass beer mugs
The staff need to run the event
Trash clean up
The shuttle service
The sound system
The power hook up's for tent city
L.O.'s
Ect, Ect ,Ect.

If you have never been to Richmond "the" Boogie, your missing out on one of the best kept secrets in the midwest. This is the last big skydiving event for the summer season in the midwest.

If your a lowtimer, we have L.O.'s for you too.
L.O's for freeflying, bigways, CREW, vintage jumps,
or anything you else might like to do.

We are also interested in hearing from dedicated pro video/photo flyers, if you would like to fly video/photo for this event please send a PM or contact the DZ.

Thanks

SWC www.skydiverichmond.com
1-888-234-jump

`
"If you see me pull my main, pull your reserve!" - Scotty Carbone

SWC,

what's the odds of getting a couple of d-18 loads out? I have not jumped one in years????
also, try the DZ over in Franklin IN for a helicopter. Dick shurely should have gotten squared away by now to fly jumpers from the helicopter he bought to fly jumpers.

Blues
D

There is always a pre-registration on line as well as at the gate "on site registration" as well.
I don't know for sure what the "on site" cost is maybe 5 more? It seems to be the case in years past.
Hope that answers your question.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

i believe it's always been $5-$10 more on-site..... certainly not more than $10 though!

plus, it saves you some time/hassle @ registration. instead of filling out all the paperwork/paying/buying tickets, you can just present rig & reserve card.

you should go! :)~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

You are Cordially Invited to...

19th Annual
Richmond "THE" Boogie
August 30 - September 4, 2006

19th annual.... I jumped something called the Richmond Boogie in 1975, part of an airshow as I recall. Is this the same event and some years were missed, a whole different event, or just scrambled memories?

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

It is 19 yrs since it was re-born. after being run out of town from the wild parties, becon rides etc etc. during the boogies. It was brought back to life and continues to grow.
I grew up in Richmond many moons ago and i love hearing the old stories from the boogies. Watching several DC-3's lined up to take off, to the round canopies landing everywhere but the airport. I blame this event for my addiction we call skydiving. My mother still tells the story of me jumping off the roof with an umbrella when i was 5 after watching one of the get togethers in the early-mid seventies and telling her I would skydive some day. It's a great time and a great place to jump.

D

I wonder if I can find someone to watch the dog

Why dogs are welcome at the boogie too.B|
We let carbone in every year.:P

~

Carbone is still alive?????????

Quote from Bill Booth: "No one is invincible in this sport, except maybe Scotty Carbone."

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

It is 19 yrs since it was re-born. after being run out of town from the wild parties, becon rides etc etc. during the boogies. It was brought back to life and continues to grow.
I grew up in Richmond many moons ago and i love hearing the old stories from the boogies. Watching several DC-3's lined up to take off, to the round canopies landing everywhere but the airport. I blame this event for my addiction we call skydiving. My mother still tells the story of me jumping off the roof with an umbrella when i was 5 after watching one of the get togethers in the early-mid seventies and telling her I would skydive some day. It's a great time and a great place to jump.

D

Thanks for that. I remember, a lot of rounds but also a lot of us had Strato Stars or 7 cell foils by then. Of course all the reserves were still round. It was a huge event, an air show coupled with quite a few skydivers from all over. A bunch of us flew down from Aurora, Ill. in the Z-Hills Loadstar (up for the summer to Hinkley) for it and a number of DC-3s came from various places.

Yeah, the nighttime "events" would probably not fit under the "Tame" heading....

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark