woodpecker

Langar Boogie 2 - sept 9th - 17th

You'll love Boogie 2!
It's going to probably be the biggest boogie in Europe this year. Currently there are 2x Caravans, 1x Beech 99, 2x Skyvans and the possibility of some more to come. Langar is by far the UK's busiest DZ.

Hopefully I'll be down from Scotland (if I can get off uni) and join in the action.

Where are you flying into?
Why Jump Out A Plane?
Have You Seen The Legroom Out There!!!!!!!

Team ASBO will be there, no surprises there really, as it's our home dropzone and we live 20 minutes away, how handy !

we will be mostly tracking :)

the Beech 99 (AKA the millenium falcon ) ROCKS!!!, my neptune now asks me if we got on a bus by mistake, 20 minutes to 13,500?? i prefer seeing 8 minutes to 15,000..! yeah baby !!

see ya'll there..

oh by the way, Bullet freefly are organising at Cark 12th-13th August, and we'll be there too.

Happy trackin !
"Message from the dark side, there is"
Yoda

oooh, oooh, me ,me, pick me:D:D. there are also a number off Ukskydiver .co.uk residents going to do some well most likely zoo jumps:):D:D.

there is also the pops Uk bigway to be done as well not to mention the local weather report looks fanatasticB|for the weekend. My beer is chilling :D

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Any news so far, from Langar boogie?

Unfortunately I am very busy with Uni, and I'll be only in the last weekend........hope the weather would be Ok and we'll make lot of jumps and see the Brit-122!!!!!!
But any news from the first weekend??? I much appreciate it, the forecast was superb!
How many lifts on Saturday???
I remember in first 2006 boogie were 55 lifts in the first day!!!!!!!!!!!with only one Skyvan.
Does anybody knows if the Bell 206 will make any appear and which day?

Wish lot of jumps to everybody at Langar

See ya next Saturday
EZ

I've just got back from my weekend at Langar, so far the news would be:

A very cool 16-way competition
A new UK POPS record 33-way
Lots of Skyvan jumps.

Also some minor incidents:
1 reserve pilotchute fire in a Skyvan (fortunately contained)
1 dislocated shoulder in freefall
1 collision between a jumper landing and a jumper on the ground (only minor bruising AFAIK)

New from the langar boogie.

First...the jumps were a blast and had lots of fun. Crew got their 16 way in, POPs broke the record twice, and the weather was great.

HOWEVER: This did not have the boogie feel nor manifesting of a boogie. It felt like it was a bigway meeting at a local DZ that people were invited to come and play if wanted. Loads took wwwwaaaayyyyy to long to get onto and the big ways were catered too. Not saying I didnt have a great time or that I wont be back next weekend....and hopefully next weekend will be better, but it def. wasnt a boogie.

BUT WHAT A BLAST REGARDLESS!!!!
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

New from the langar boogie.

First...the jumps were a blast and had lots of fun. Crew got their 16 way in, POPs broke the record twice, and the weather was great.

HOWEVER: This did not have the boogie feel nor manifesting of a boogie. It felt like it was a bigway meeting at a local DZ that people were invited to come and play if wanted. Loads took wwwwaaaayyyyy to long to get onto and the big ways were catered too. Not saying I didnt have a great time or that I wont be back next weekend....and hopefully next weekend will be better, but it def. wasnt a boogie.

BUT WHAT A BLAST REGARDLESS!!!!

I will go with Billy on the manifesting front far too long on load turn around times Like Billy i enjoyed myself but it did seem geared towards bigway stuff . Not what i expected from one the larger dz in the UK.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun