bendywendy

8th Annual Keys Boogie

This is the earliest they have ever officially approved us so everyone should have plenty of time to plan.

Thursday, November 9 - Sunday, November 12.

I will have all the dirty details for you very, very soon but for now I just wanted to let everyone know that yes, it is a go. Mark the dates, make your travel arrangements and I will tell you the hotel in just a few days where the main group will be staying and the party held. I know it already but they have not called me back to finalize pricing yet and I'd like to lock in a good Skydiver discount for everyone before youstart calling and they decide they don't need to discount at all!

There will be a big difference this year in pricing between people who pre-register and those who just show up. We need a much more accurate count for dinner and t-shirts so maybe this will motivate people! I will also not guarantee the t-shirt or dinner to same day registrants since I will be using the pre-register list as the basis for the numbers I turn in. See where I'm going with this? Pre-register is the way to go.

You'll be able to register online on our website www.skydiveseb.com very soon.

Here's a few tips too. If you aren't coming from too far away and you get out to Sebastian to jump - get there and get a nice new waiver on file. If you pre-register and have a waiver at Sebastian then we bring copies with us and you don't have to deal with that when you get there. If you haven't pre-registered we won't have the copy and you'll have to go through the whole process.

I believe that we will also let people purchase tickets before the event as well to avoid that whole bottleneck so we can get jumping quicker on Thursday.

Pre-registering, already being waivered and having jump tickets there waiting for you will really speed up everything.

If you can play hookey from work make your vacation for a few extra days show up on tues or wednesday and do some snorkling and settle in and then be ready to start jumping first thing on Thursday morning. Thursday morning and Friday are great days for jumping since a lot of people don't show up until Saturday and Sunday. Sunday afternoon is another good time - if you can stay through Sunday - everything gets pretty laid back as the pack starts to thin on Sunday.

Requirements are still the same a USPA membership and C license or if you are a foreign jumper the equivalent (200 jumps) with membership to your countries governing body AND third party liability must be valid in this country.

ALL jumps require flotation gear. If you have been to the boogie before and been getting away without it - we will be more diligent this year about making sure that everyone is playing by the rules. We aren't picky about what exactly it is but you must have it. It needs to be worn outside your jumpsuit not under it. If you've got to get out of your rig and your jumpsuit before you can even get to it, it isn't really all that helpful, now is it?:P

If you are on the Skydive Sebastian newsletter list - there should be one already in your mailboxes except I don't think it has been sent out yet with pretty much just what I've told you here and then as soon as I get the quote from the Resort we'll be at I'll get the detailed one out and have Jim get the web part up and running.

If you can possibly make this one - do it! The airport is starting commercial flights out of there which is great for those of you flying in but I think we are about to see the end our annual adventure to the keys as the airport grows.:(

This has become a very popular bird boogie! I expect to see some gorgeous shots again this year in the air - not on the ground obviously, you look like a bunch of penguins waddling out to the plane.:P

I'm still waiting for the final word from the hotel so hold off just a bit longer on that room reservation. I'll try them again this afternoon.

Spread the word....Just in case this is the last one we need to make sure it's the best damn Keys Boogie we've ever had and that means we've got quite a bit to live up to!

I suspect we won't be told until afterwards if this is the last one. :|

I suspect nobody knows for sure yet. :|

I for one would be extremely disappointed. This is without a doubt my favorite boogie. I wonder if there is any other location that could fill the void that would remain?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I am diggity down. I'll be showing up on Friday sometime. Now for the stupid question, where can I buy a flotation device??? I've worn everything from a little inflatible volleyball looking thing to a neoprene vest, what do I need.........yo. I'll bring the Tattoo (Capt. Morgan that is).

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

I just sent in a newsletter to go out this week with all kind of good shtuff in it and lots about the keys.

Dates are the same. HOTEL ishttp://www.sombreroresort.com/. Let them know you are with Skydive Sebastian to get the best rate. Rooms are condos with 2 or 1 bed and a living kitchen area (full kitchen) pull out sofa. Rates cover up to four people so if you look like you have 10 people staying there - you know air mattresses all over the floor, etc, they will hit you with another charge so just bear that in mind.

Please get on the newsletter list so I don't have to answer four hundred individual emails asking the same thing over. I have carpel tunnel and telephone ear right now so please, help me out. Forward the newsletter to people you know are interested if you get it.

Registration is already up on the website and sorry, you can't be first because someone has already hit it today!

$45.00 jumpers $35.00 non-jumpers if you pre-register - wait until the keys and it'll cost you $60.00!!! so save yourself some $$

We'll be letting people pre-purchase jump tickets as well so as soon as you check in you'll get your bag with your t-shirt in your requested size and your tickets. Wel'l hit you with that wrist band and yes, keep the damn thing on for four days - you'll get over it! - and you can run right over and manifest.

No waiting in line. If you are really smart and have a current waiver at Sebastian AND you pre-register we'll bring it with us so you don't have to even do that.

The secret to this boogie is play hookey - take off Thursday and Friday. Those two days usually see a lot of real good fun skydiving at a less hectic pace than Saturday and Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon usually winds down a bit too.

So get your rooms - we have ours already -well I hope we do - I emailed the manager about them this morning!

The party will be at the Sombrero poolside. I've got two young men playing percussion (they play clubs in West Palm and are looking forward to partying with us) Bryce is from an old Sebastian favorite - Boxelder! They got too big to play DZ events a few years back but we are winning them over again.

The Sombrero has a tiki bar beside a nice pool and a restaurant there as well. Quite a few of us stayed there two years ago and we really had a blast. They were extremely tolerant of our antics and hey, they even let us come back.

The official Dinner and Party is Saturday night but of course, every night is a party when we hit the Keys!

Man.....get out of my shoe Wendy.....I was just getting ready to call you to see if any dates were set :)Carbonezone will be there with bells on....."STILL MY FAV BOOGIE"
<>
Tami and Scotty

Tami and Scotty,

I am going to try hard to drop by this year. I had such a great time seeing Scotty after all those years and of course meeting the woman who could tame Scotty! I was all set to come down for Saturday only last year, but fell ill the night before, so didn't make it. I'll have to be carefull what I eat this year :)
Hopefully, some of my other long lost friends will attend again like Roger Ponce and Carl Daugherty.

And to Bendy Wendy, I will seek you out to meet you. You do a great job getting everyone informed and organized to make this happen!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Didn't I meet you years ago? Somewhere.. Sebastian, CrossKeys, Quincy, The Ranch, Rantoul, Richmond, Wildwood or was it an old Keys Boogie?

Anyways, Roger Ponce always joins us for this one and Carl has already said that he is coming along as well!

You have not met me as far as I know. I'm sure my last jump in 1980 was before you started :P

I'm glad Roger is coming and I exchanged email with Carl, so I know he's coming also.

I have it in my calendar and will do my best to come down. I shot some ground photo's last time (2 years ago) and will probably do more of that this time if I'm still allowed out in the landing area. They are posted in the photo section here under Roger Ramjet/Keys Boogie.

Gotta have some of Scotty's cooking too you know!

I have many jumps with Scotty, many with Carl, and a few with Roger in the "old days." Just keeping in touch and threatening to make some more jumps one day...

See you there!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

get on the newsletter list so I don't have to answer four hundred individual emails

I'm on the newsletter list and I got it - it looks great. I looked all over the newsletter, the website, and the forums, but I can't find anything about jump tickets. Are they the regular +/- $20?

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal