funjumper101

Paso Robles, CA - New DZ in the works?

I have heard rumors that someone is trying to open a DZ in Paso Robles. From what little I have heard, the main problem is that the PR airport commission won't let jumpers land on the airport. Land values have skyrocketed in the area, so leasing a landing area is likely to be difficult and/or expensive.

Paso Robles has grown into a popular tourist destination. With good marketing, a DZO could do well.

I've been poking and prodding around with interests in starting a DZ here. Roger Oxborow (PR Airport Manager) can't legally force skydivers to not land there but he has made it very difficult, expensive, not worth the hassle to have a DZ there. Skybytch and I are throwing a boogie here but we are landing at Star Farms which is about 2 miles from the airport.

How much land would be required for a DZ?

...and yes you are right, I feel a DZ here could grow to be one of the busiest in the country.

Anyone that is interested in starting a DZ here please feel free to email me, I have a lot of contacts here and would love to only have to drive 2 miles to the DZ instead of 100+. ;)