crbizri

Motus Boogie - Aug. 12-13 at Skydive Virginia

Skydive Virginia will be hosting the first annual Motus Boogie (in honor of Patrick McNamara) the weekend of Aug. 12-13.

Weekend's events will include 4-way scrambles, organized memorial dives, and canopy coaching and demos by Isaiah McCauliffe from Performance Designs.

Details are as follows:

Ash Release Dive: Saturday, August 12, Sunset. Patrick's ash dive will be on the sunset load Saturday, August 12. Immediately following the jump, we will be celebrating Patrick's life with a barbecue dinner and party. In the event that the weather does not cooperate, the dive will go forward on Sunday morning, August 13. The bbq and party will go on as planned on Saturday evening regardless of weather conditions. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected].

Memorial Dives: We will be having "In Memoriam" dives for Patrick throughout the weekend. All jumpers (who are current) are welcome and encouraged to participate.

BBQ Details: If you are going to be at the dropzone for the BBQ on Saturday evening and you want to eat, you must RSVP to Bettina ([email protected]) by August 3rd.

Scrambles: 4-way Scrambles will be held on Saturday, August 12 (ending early for the ash dive). For more information on Scrambles, e-mail Bettina Dice at [email protected]. All jumpers who are current with an A license are welcome to participate.

T-shirts: We are having t-shirts made for the event. Price = $22. If you would like a t-shirt, you must RSVP to Bettina Dice ([email protected]) with your size by July 25th.

with an A license are welcome to participate

Yay, I can participate!!!

Edit: But what about the people with B, C, and D licenses?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

they're not invited! :P

Update: We had to cancel scrambles, scrambles will be held sometime in the fall, date TBD.

In its place, we're having the following:
Mentoring: 4-way mentoring will be held on Saturday and Sunday (ending early for the ash dive). This will be a low-stress, fun method for newer skydivers to learn some new skills. All jumpers who are current with an A license are welcome to participate. For more information on mentoring, contact Bettina Dice at [email protected].

Hey, I'm sure people would be interested in the canopy stuff Isaiah is putting together. Post what you guys sent out to the Regulars and Chat list.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

PD rep, Isaiah McCauliffe, will be at Louisa for the Motus Boogie weekend, August 12-13. Isaiah will be bringing PD demos and will be available for coaching.

Isaiah will have the following canopies:

Sabre2- 135, 150, 170, 190, 210
Katana- 97, 107, 120 (sorry - big Katana demos aren't done yet)
Reserve- 126, 143, 160, 176
Spectre- 150, 170, 190, 210
Silhouette- 170, 190, 210
Stiletto- 135, 150, 170
Velocity- 96, 103, 111

If you are interested in a demo or coaching, please email me at [email protected].

PD rep, Isaiah McCauliffe, will be at Louisa for the Motus Boogie weekend, August 12-13. Isaiah will be bringing PD demos and will be available for coaching.

Isaiah will have the following canopies:

Sabre2- 135, 150, 170, 190, 210
Katana- 97, 107, 120 (sorry - big Katana demos aren't done yet)
Reserve- 126, 143, 160, 176
Spectre- 150, 170, 190, 210
Silhouette- 170, 190, 210
Stiletto- 135, 150, 170
Velocity- 96, 103, 111

If you are interested in a demo or coaching, please email me at [email protected].

Just a little update- I will have a Katana 135 and 150 if anyone is interested.

See you guys in a few days!
Isaiah

Anyone know if anybody's staying at the dz tonight (friday)?

Anyone know if we'll be having an early start tomorrow? 6,7,8,9 o'clock? I'll be there early anyway, since I now live only ten short and glorious minutes away.

And I'm down for any of the 4-way stuff, and any canopy stuff... and any other good stuff too.

Can't wait!

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?"