AggieDave

AOT +++

Well, no matter how sick I am this year, I will be there with my massage table. :P

Todd, clear a space for me. I WILL be there...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Isn’t there a small ratty motel or something real close to the DZ that might still have some rooms?

Have you looked in the Bryan area? There are some decent, some small/ok and some that even homless drug addicts wouldn't stay at. If that doesn't work, check in Caldwell, Hearne, Navasota and Madisonville. All three of those are about 20-30min away.

The unfortunate side to the Aggie's really great football year of 2006 (we hope) is that there are a LOT of home games. So unlike every prior year it was impossible to hold the AOT boogie on a weekend that didn't conflict with some other skydiving event and a home game. Even worst is that we're playing Tech that weekend, for many reasons, but there are a lot of Tech fans that drive down for the game. So its usually a higher attendance game with many more people staying in town.

Atleast we dont' have to worry about going out to eat after the game on Saturday since we'll have a great meal at the DZ. Also, if you book in one of the other towns, be sure to check back with the more local hotels as we get closer.

Let me check to see how many I have staying at my place already, we might be able to sqeeze another in.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Nope, no one really started a roll call thread or list this year. Well, I guess you know that I'll be there. You'll be there...I'm sure there'll be another one or two there, enough to have the C208B and the PAC flying formation loads for sunset.B|

I don't think I've ever been this excited about an AOT boogie.B|

As far as RV parks go. There is one across the street now. It is pretty small, but they are $15 per night and off the end of the runway. I will try to get a phone number for them as well as the hole in the wall motels down the road.
Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

You could call the DZ 979-778-5867 and let them know. Beyond that I don't think that there's really any sort of official signup.

You know John, we're going to have to see who all we have at the boogie and maybe try some sort of cool formation load for Sunset on Saturday.:)

Dave,

Why only on Saturday?

Rick Duran, Chuck Akers, J and Stan Schrimsher will be added to our usual mix. There is no reason we can't get some cool formation loads. Trent Alkek is said to be here, but I haven't recieved a confirmation from him yet. We could maybe even seen some cool hybrids.

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

Why only on Saturday?

My brain is still stuck on a one jump day a week cycle...

We could maybe even seen some cool hybrids.

Oh that would be horrible, wouldn't it.:D Maybe we can actually get that really cool stair step hybrid we tried a couple of years ago, with the no-hanger 4-way base. Remember that one?

You guys are making it very difficult to concentrate on work. Oh who the hell am I kidding, I've already checked out anyway. See you tomorrow.

I bet if you came in today they'd find a place for you at the DZ helping with all the last minute touches and doing numerous checks on our freshly cleaned keg dispensor...I really don't want to go to work, I'm also very excited, BUT if I call in to work today they'd go check for me at the airport.:D

Thank you to everyone that came out and made this boogie one of the most fun AOT boogies I've been to (and I've been to everyone of them since the first one in 2000).

There wasn't as many people this year as years past, but for once the weather was great and we had a few groups of people that wanted nothing more then to complete some hard medium number of people skydives and to do a lot of them. Of course, Rick Duran helped folks get that accomplished. Trent Alkek took care of the FFers, Jenn took care of introducing more then a few people to wingsuits. I got to introduce a fair number of people to their first skydive this weekend as well.

The party Friday and Saturday was on an epic scale and we had a SCR ceremony with 6 people in it. 5 of them had completed their first SCR that Saturday. 1 of those completed his SCR on his 100th jump. That was a fun skydive.

Thank you again to everyone that helped out Demo in his time of need. We were able to raise over $2000 to help off set his medical bills. That was much needed for him and it was a moving moment when the DZ was able to present him with a check. That really made my weekend.

Actually, we did have the same number of jumpers as we have had in the past.

Really? Well, I guess since at any given time there was a Grand Caravan and a PAC 750 loaded down and in the air together, it didn't seem like there was that many people around. Everyone kept jumping and jumping and jumping, so I never really saw everyone around at once.B|

I enjoyed myself.

Rick Duran did a bang-up job of load organizing, with a diverse mixture of experience levels, most of whom had never jumped together before.

There were no malfunctions that I saw. Only one injury: a sprained ankle from a low-timer that let the wind turn her around downwind without making corrections.

The weather was perfect. That's got to be a first!

And flying that magnificent dinner in by air in the DZ plane was a cool touch. Watching those giant slabs of prime rib come out of the cooler, and carved into one-pound steaks, made me drool.

Thanks for all the work you and your staff did setting things up.