skybytch

Star Farms Boogie - Sept 16-17, California

Hey All,

Not to be labeled a turbine snob, but unfortunately I am going to have to cancel :( I lost the use of the the motor home to the owner (My Father), my son just got his soccer schedule and has a game Sat. Morning at 9:00 am the wife and I are putting in a swimming pool, etc etc etc. As much as I would like to hang out and enjoy the camaraderie with fellow skydivers, I feel my son's game and some time with the family would better serve me than being gone for three days basically partying.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

I would not hesitate for a moment to post the details of what happened to the plane.I think that everyone should feel personally screwed by this DZO.I would not and DO NOT support people that do business this way.

Lisa I'm sure you have put together a fine event and everyone will have a good time despite this stumbling block.And now you know who not to do business with next time.I am sorry I won't make it.A combination of my Mountain Boogie fiasco,recent vehicle expense and the damn termites killed my long range boogie plans.

I would not hesitate for a moment to post the details of what happened to the plane.

I won't do that. The details do not need to be discussed on a public forum. Suffice it to say that the aircraft owner made the best decision he could for his business - likely any of us would have made the same decision if they were him. I will not badmouth him here or anyplace else.

Am I happy about this situation? Not even close to happy, but again, I'll get over it. Am I a bit upset with the people who won't be coming simply because there won't be a turbine available for the entire event? Yeah, I am, but I'll get over that too.

Am I going to let that all that keep me from having a kick ass time this weekend? Absolutely not. I really hope others feel the same way...

The 206 we'll be jumping is being provided by Dave Hughes from Skydive Santa Barbara (Lompoc). I just got off the phone with him and there's a very good possibility that after they are done with tandems down there he can bring a load of people up in his Caravan and we can have that to jump Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

g

And to just add some warm fuzzies by someone who won't, but would like to be there, Dave Hughes is a swell guy. :)

Am I a bit upset with the people who won't be coming simply because there won't be a turbine available for the entire event? Yeah, I am, but I'll get over that too.

I'll be there, of course, because there's more to this boogie than the planes, but I can't fault the people who are choosing not to come because of the aircraft. Different people choose boogies for different reasons. I suspect if you could guarantee the same (or close to the same) lift capacity with non-turbines, there are people who are backing out who would still be coming. The fact that the lift capacity has been drastically reduced, though, is a concern for those who really want the chance to jump their ass off. There's no getting around that, turbine snobbery or not.

I choose my boogies because of the people and the atmosphere, not the planes. Anyone who asks me what aircraft are at Lost Prairie always gets a dismissive wave from me "oh, there's a Skyvan and Otter and King Air but that's not really the point of LP." Same goes for this one... for me.

See ya this weekend ... looking forward to creating a few more bytch memories to add to my memory bank.B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hey Lisa,

What is the exit off of 101 for Star Farms???? I've tried google, and yellow pages and I can't find an address anywhere for this place.

God I can't wait!!!! :)
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Coming from the south heading north on 101 I would exit the 10th street exit in San Miguel. Coming from the north heading south I would take the same or you could also take the Mission street exit.

I also just want to mention to folks that regardless of the plane issues or whatever this is a really fun place to chill. It's a remote area, incredibly peaceful and visually beutiful. With a Cessna it's going to be a littles lower but still tons of fun. Also if there is enough demand and things slow down in lompoc I think Lisa mentioned that the Caravan would come up...

Kari and I and my GF will be down late Friday evening. PM me some #'s so I can call when we get down and meet up with folks... B|B|B|

I would not hesitate for a moment to post the details of what happened to the plane.

I won't do that. The details do not need to be discussed on a public forum. Suffice it to say that the aircraft owner made the best decision he could for his business - likely any of us would have made the same decision if they were him. I will not badmouth him here or anyplace else.

Am I happy about this situation? Not even close to happy, but again, I'll get over it. Am I a bit upset with the people who won't be coming simply because there won't be a turbine available for the entire event? Yeah, I am, but I'll get over that too.

Am I going to let that all that keep me from having a kick ass time this weekend? Absolutely not. I really hope others feel the same way...

I thought DZ.com was censoring my post.:|

The best decision would be to honor your commitments.I'm sure people know where the plane was supposed to come from.I think in the long run this decision will cost him money and I hope it does.He didn't hust break a commitment with you but will all that are planning to attend.I guess I'm so irked because I know how much work goes into an evenet like this and I have been where you are.

Every jump is like a demo jump! ;)

(Directions to Star Farms)
So say you get off of 10th street exit...

After exiting go east, down the hill past the gas station (trust me it's easy to know with that description which way to go;))...

Go to Mission street and take a left...

Take a right on San Miguel / 14th street...

Go acroos the bridge and San Miguel / 14th street becomes River Road...

Keep going down River Road and take a left on Estrella Road...

Star Farms will be on your right after a mile or three... If you see airport road you went too far B|

The best decision would be to honor your commitments.I'm sure people know where the plane was supposed to come from.I think in the long run this decision will cost him money and I hope it does.He didn't hust break a commitment with you but will all that are planning to attend.I guess I'm so irked because I know how much work goes into an evenet like this and I have been where you are.

errr... no, where was the PAC comin' from?

Are my directions ok? You all know where to stay Fri night? You should just camp out in the river bed nearby :D:D

there;s a best western very nearby on 46 and a la quinta inn that just went up on the corner af airport road and 46 although with the airshow it might be booked... :(

ou all know where to stay Fri night?

Is camping at Star Farms NOT an option Friday night?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

ou all know where to stay Fri night?

Is camping at Star Farms NOT an option Friday night?

Bump... Lisa, can you confirm whether camping will be available at Star Farms on Friday night? Thanks.

errr... no, where was the PAC comin' from?

I can only think of one dz on the west coast that has a PAC 750 to lend out. But perhaps the plane was coming out from the east coast? I would assume the ferry price would be significantly higher if they leased a plane from the east coast.

We all need to accept the consequences of our actions. Therefore I think it's ok should Lisa decide to tell us what happened, afterall, it was the DZO's decision and he/she needs to live by it and should not be asahamed of his/her actions. Nobody put a gun to the DZO's head and told him/her to do what they did, just like nobody forces us to get on the plane to go skydiving.

It's Lisa's choice either way, however, and I respect her decision either way.

Gotta go... plaything needs to spank me
Feel the hate...
Photos here