skybytch

Star Farms Boogie - Sept 16-17, California

I booked a room at the Motel 6... so there will be a few of us there Friday night. :)

Just seems wierd that I'll be staying the hotel room with you, but not sharing the bed! ;):ph34r:

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Lisa PMed me about the camping situation at Star Farms.

The short version is that Star Farms is rented out for Friday night, to another group. No camping on Friday night.

As of a few months ago, my wife had planned to be out of town this weekend. I told her that I was going to offer camping at our property if Star Farms fell through. She was fine with that as she was going to be out of town. Now she isn't going and Star Farms is booked. She doesn't want a bunch of skydivers camping on our property while she is here. Not an option, totally refused, etc. Quite a bitch about it, too. I am not happy with her at all. I feel like (and I guess I am) a real heel for letting Lisa and the rest of the group down.

There are a couple of the east coast folks who were to borrow some of my camping gear. I have PMed the details of how I can take care of them.

How many people were planning on camping Friday night?
I can make arrangements if the numbers aren't large. There are quite a few places to camp in this area. I'll go reserve a site or two on Friday, during the day, if it works out to being the right answer.

I'll do whatever it takes to make this work out for everyone. Let me know what I can do to help.

First off, sorry to everyone for not posting this sooner. I've been trying to find other places where we can camp out without having to pay money but I've had no luck at all.

So... those who are planning to arrive in Paso on Friday will be on their own for lodging. In addition, since we can't use Star Farms on Friday, there won't be any jumping going on until Saturday morning. The Cessna will still be arriving on Friday though, so it will be available to jump as soon as we have enough people registered/manifested on Saturday morning.

There are a couple of bars in Paso. If anyone is interested in goin' drinkin' Friday night, lets try to arrange that here.

Whoever keeps sticking pins in the Star Farms Boogie voodoo doll can knock it off anytime now... [:/]

On another subject - here's a short list of what you may want to bring with you.

- Your gear with a in date reserve. Rigging services will NOT be available on site; if you're jumping, your rig needs to be in date when you arrive. If your gear is not in date, you won't be jumping.
- Your current USPA membership card. We won't have access to USPA's website to verify your membership and they don't answer their phones on the weekends. Without the card, we have to assume that your membership is not valid. Without valid membership, you can't jump. You are of course still welcome to hang out and party with us.
- Camping equipment.
- Food. The closest restaurants are in town, approximately 10 miles away.
- Bathing suit. The pond is not swoopable but it is definitely swimmable.
- Shower stuff. There are two showers on site.
- Whatever non-beer alcohol you want to drink on Saturday night and whatever beer or other alcohol you want to drink prior to the kegs being tapped (at sunset on Saturday).
- CASH. We can't accept credit cards and we'd prefer not to take checks. The closest ATM's are in town.
- Show up ready to have fun! B|

We'll be bringing a slackline that we hope to set up if anyone is interested in giving it a try. Hoping to set it up over the pond so the falls will be less scary.

Saturday night's party will include a Lancaster Bomber Reenactment if enough people want to participate. If you've never seen Lancaster Bomber, you're in for a treat. If you have seen or participated in Lancaster Bomber in the past, please STFU. ;)

See ya all there!!

Since you know the area, can you pick a good bar for us to meet at? I'm definitely up for some hanging out. And you promised me a good spot in the reenactment... whatever that means :P

Oh, only the BEST spot for you. I know someone who has held that place of honor and he can tell you how wonderful it is. That's all he'll be able to tell you, of course. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Since you know the area, can you pick a good bar for us to meet at? I'm definitely up for some hanging out. And you promised me a good spot in the reenactment... whatever that means :P

Oh, only the BEST spot for you. I know someone who has held that place of honor and he can tell you how wonderful it is. That's all he'll be able to tell you, of course. :D

I can't wait :|

I can't wait :|

I SO look forward to participating. Seb, do you hear me?
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Since you know the area, can you pick a good bar for us to meet at?

I haven't been there in years. Last I'd heard the bar we used to invade closed down. The bowling alley used to have a decent bar; if it isn't a league night we could do some bowling too! :D

And you promised me a good spot in the reenactment... whatever that means

I'm thinking you'll be an awesome tail gunner.

I booked a room at the Motel 6... so there will be a few of us there Friday night. :)

We'll be there, too. Hopefully we can find each other at the bowling alley or some other bar. :):D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Looks like we'll be at the "6" as well. Cocktails by the pool, perhaps? ;)

What is this "perhaps" bullshit, oh queen of the red cup? Are you going to play bartender? I'll bring some of my flavored vodka.:)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

What is this "perhaps" bullshit, oh queen of the red cup? Are you going to play bartender?

"Perhaps" because others may want to go to a bar. Personally, I'm all for an easy stumble back to the room instead of going out.

I'll be happy to play bartender. We'll have a supply of Non-Descript Red Cups (tm). The Captain and Jack will be with us as well. The "6" will have ice. All we need are mixers. B|

What is this "perhaps" bullshit, oh queen of the red cup? Are you going to play bartender?

"Perhaps" because others may want to go to a bar. Personally, I'm all for an easy stumble back to the room instead of going out.

I'll be happy to play bartender. We'll have a supply of Non-Descript Red Cups (tm). The Captain and Jack will be with us as well. The "6" will have ice. All we need are mixers. B|

I have created a catch phrase in less than an hour. B|

Party at "The 6" sounds absolutely lovely to me.

I can bring a blender for the drinks.

Anyone up for pina coladas?

How about margaritas?

What time are people arriving?

Anyone stoked for superb sushi and Japanese food?

We can make a reservation at Goshi's. It is about 2 miles from the six.

Whatever you do, don't eat at Big Bubba's Bad Barbecue. The food is pretty bad. For once, the name of a resturant accurately describes the food.

I'll have Middletons Whiskey, and jell-o shots arriving around 10 pm (think the pool will be closed by then?)

WOW "The 6" actually has a pool????

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Holy hangover Batman! Sounds like a party at The 6!! Kitty and I will be there too. :)
About what time are y'all arriving?

Sushi for dinner sounds great to me, although I'm not sure what time we'll actually get there. We maaay want to make some side trips on our way down from the bay area...our plane gets in around noon to SJC. B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

About what time are y'all arriving?

We should be there by around 4pm, but I have a few errands to run in town before I can start drinkin'.

I checked the weather for the weekend; should be in the 80's during the days; lows in the 40's at night. Just so you know what to pack. :D