skybytch

Star Farms Boogie - Sept 16-17, California

I'm debating on making Jell-o shots for the boogie - any takers???

Yes please! I want pudding shots too! Can we do cleavage shots since we'll have so much Rackage at this boogie??? East coast Rack + West coast Rack + the original Rack = great cleavage shots! :)B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

We are sorry to have to inform you all that the PAC is not available for us to jump this weekend. We've tried to get another turbine aircraft, but the only ones that are available are expensive. We could raise the registration fee to help cover the cost but we don't want to do that.

So, we got a Cessna 206. This is good in that the registration fee will stay at $25 and jump prices will go down to $20.

I know, I know, who wants to travel all that way to jump a Cessna... Well, we think this weekend will be worth it regardless of whether there's a turbine or not - this event is more about hanging out and partying with friends in a new and different place with the side benefit of making a skydive or three instead of banging out a crapload of jumps.

But we'll understand if you feel otherwise. We may call you a turbine snob and make fun of you both online and behind your back for missing what's going to be one of the best parties this year, but really, we'll understand. I swear. ;)

More aircraft update!

The 206 we'll be jumping is being provided by Dave Hughes from Skydive Santa Barbara (Lompoc). I just got off the phone with him and there's a very good possibility that after they are done with tandems down there he can bring a load of people up in his Caravan and we can have that to jump Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

Also, the 206 will be arriving in Paso on Friday afternoon, so those who are planning to arrive Friday can get a jump or two in before sunset. B|

It's a long drive for a few loads

Are you coming from southern California? If you are, you can drive to Lompoc on Saturday, jump there in the morning and hitch a ride up with the Caravan in the afternoon, jump and hang with us Sat. afternoon/night and then fly back down to Lompoc Sunday morning. Cost will be around $35 for the flight.

It's a long drive for a few loads, even if i'm dying to see you guys again

Have exactly the same feeling.

...except that you have a lot shorter drive then Benji.

At least I'm not AS disappointed now, but I still wish I could be two places at once next weekend!

lisa,glad to hear of the return boogie. did you know that the 16th is airport day. lot of traffic and maybe a possible closure for aerobatics. is the pac going to arrive the night of the 15th. would'nt mind doing a sunset load the night before. Tom

There will be only 2 half hour closures(noonish and 3ish I was told), it really shouldn't effect us and personally I wouldn't mind watching a stunt show anyways.

Team 'Licious will jump out of anything that gets us to altitude! Kitty and I will still be there, representing the Roaming DZ. B| So it can't be said that we never visit the west coast. Or that we flake. Or that we're turbine snobs. We have a reputation to uphold.

But everyone should give Spence lots of shit; he has officially flaked. But not because he's a turbine snob. He just has termites. :S:P

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

We are sorry to have to inform you all that the PAC is not available for us to jump this weekend. We've tried to get another turbine aircraft, but the only ones that are available are expensive. We could raise the registration fee to help cover the cost but we don't want to do that.

Lisa, I know you've worked hard on this boogie, so I hope it doesn't come off as a slam on you - but I am going to assume that you had an agreement in place either verbal or written, and someone backed out on you. You may not wish to air "dirty laundry" in public, but hell, I'd love to know which DZO (I can guess) backed out on you at the last minute after you had a commitment and based your marketing of the boogie on having this aircraft. Personally, I'd like to bitchslap whoever it is.

Like others, I'm less worried about the lack of a turbine (though that's certainly disappointing) than about the sharp decrease in lift capacity. A 206 takes 1/3 the jumpers in twice the time as a PAC.

I'm looking forward to coming down this weekend anyway as I have many great reasons to visit NorCal, but I'm sure others coming from out-of-town are less sanguine about the change. I'm resetting expectations from a busy jumping weekend to a "Hang out by the beach and recapture the spirit of Paso back in the day when no one jumped turbines" weekend, but it still pisses me off that the boogie got screwed by whoever commited aircraft to you.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Has anyone checked with Dave at Skydive Santa Barbara regarding his Caravan??? I'll be there but I wish we could get something better than a 206.[:/]

Post from Lisa above:

More aircraft update!

The 206 we'll be jumping is being provided by Dave Hughes from Skydive Santa Barbara (Lompoc). I just got off the phone with him and there's a very good possibility that after they are done with tandems down there he can bring a load of people up in his Caravan and we can have that to jump Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?