skybytch

Star Farms Boogie - Sept 16-17, California

Chaoskitty
Clownburner
Cornholio!
CSpenceFLY and as many RoamingDZers as I can find!
Feeblemind
Fungh
funjumper101
Gia
georgerussia
jmp2liv
Lovelife22
Lauralicious
McBeth
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Seabazz1
skybytch
Uponone

I can pick up one person from South Bay (I'm in Sunnyvale). Maybe two if my wife decides not to go (Anastasia will go anyway). Even give you a front seat, so my ass can sleep in the rear.

BTW is there anything cool to look/visit nearby my whuffo wife and daughter can spend time in?
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

BTW is there anything cool to look/visit nearby my whuffo wife and daughter can spend time in?

The ocean and Hearst Castle are about an hour's drive west. Some nice hiking trails around Cambria (on the way to Hearst Castle). San Luis Obispo has a really cool downtown area; about an hour's drive south. Pismo Beach is a bit further south of SLO; you can drive on the beach there.

The ocean and Hearst Castle are about an hour's drive west. Some nice hiking trails around Cambria (on the way to Hearst Castle). San Luis Obispo has a really cool downtown area; about an hour's drive south. Pismo Beach is a bit further south of SLO; you can drive on the beach there.

Or...they could hang out at the Star Farms beach? (from the pics)

Oh...and this is my regular reminder that I hate all of you since I won't be able to make it.:)

How old is your daughter?

Paso Robles has a nice downtown with shops and resturants.

The fairgrounds in Paso has a few events scheduled.

http://www.midstatefair.com/pages/3460/September_2006.htm?PHPSESSID=099bf4b7ca8922658fe2c9b2a5800a07

There is a small zoo in Atascadero, about 10 miles south of Paso Robles.

http://www.atascadero.org/cs/zoo/

You can rent pedal boats and kayaks at the lake next to the zoo.

There is a small aquarium over in Morro Bay. Kayaking in Morro Bay is popular. Watch the tide tables as the currents can make things a bit challenging. The Embarcadero is full of touristy shops and resturants. Go to Giovanni's for great fish and chips and other "to go" food.

Hearst Castle is worth visiting. Just north of the castle entrance is an elephant seal rookery. Pretty cool if you have never seen it before. Keep going north and you end up in Big Sur. If your wife is adventurous, she can drive up into Big Sur, turn right on Nacimiento-Ferguson Road, and drive up and over the ridge, through Fort Hunter-Liggett, and get back to hwy 101 north of Paso Robles. You have to stop and present picture ID to enter and pass through the base, but it is no big deal. Google them and track down the number to call for details.

Pismo Beach is OK for street cars when the tide is out, less so when the tide is high. If you have an SUV and air down the tires to 15lbs or so, you can go to the end of the beach. If you get stuck with a street car, don't spin up the tires, air down to about 12-15lbs and you likely can drive right out. The nice guy 4wheelers (like me) will stop and pull you out at no charge. During the summer the place is a zoo. It calms down a lot after Labor Day. You can rent quads, dune buggies, or take a hummer tour.

Your wife and daughter shouldn't have any trouble finding things to do while you are having fun.

How old is your daughter?

She's 9, but she will be ok anyway even if nobody else brings children. She goes to DZ with me every weekend, and she has already been on American Boogie 2006 :)

I worry more about my wife, but there seems to be a lot of things to do. Thank you.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Latest News:

September 16th is "Airport Day" here in Paso. There's going to be lots of old planes and RC planes there and they are going to do 2 stunt shows during the day as well. I talked to the Airport Manager and this won't effect us except during the stunt show but that only lasts a half hour.

What are the directions from San Jose??

101 south to Paso Robles. 46 East (offramp at the north end of Paso Robles. There is a 46 West south of Paso Robles; you don't want that one) to Airport Road. Left on Airport Road. We'll have signs up along Airport Road to point the way.

Shhhhh......Its a secret.;)

Not anymore :ph34r:

Chaoskitty
Clownburner
Cornholio!
Feeblemind
Fungh
funjumper101
Gia
georgerussia
jmp2liv
Lovelife22
Lauralicious
McBeth
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Seabazz1
stitch
skybytch
Uponone

Hello all,

A few folks have mentioned they might needing tent
accommodations.

I have the following tents and mattresses:

Tent-Mah-Hal with a queen size air mattress - Reserved by Lauralicious

7 X 7 - 2 person doom with a queen size air mattress - Available

7 X 7 - 2 person doom with a queen size air mattress - Available

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Please add my name to the list. I will be attending Anyone want to do some 4-way?l

Sweet! It'll be good to see you again, Ev ...

Chaoskitty
Clownburner
Cornholio!
Evelyn
Feeblemind
Fungh
funjumper101
Gia
georgerussia
jmp2liv
Lovelife22
Lauralicious
McBeth
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Seabazz1
stitch
skybytch
Uponone
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Anyone want to do some 4-way?

Count me in.

She'll probably teach your good, man...but she's a petite floaty butt (me too), so I hope you can fly slow.

Ev,
I'm busy that weekend, or I'd be glad to let you teach me some 4-way. I'm pondering trying to make Endless Summer in San Diego which I think is the weekend before the last in Oct. I was thinking about Chicks Rock too, but I think I may be in Vegas that weekend. There is always Byron coming up too.