seanhs

Eden North - Edmonton, Alberta

Hello,

I am probably going to be doing my very first jump this weekend at Eden North, just outside of Edmonton. I was wondering if anyone could give me any comments with regards to their track record? Ie Saftey record, quality of equipment, quality of instructors (I'll be doing the tandem), basically any info would be great.

Thanks a bunch!

Sean

Eden is an excellent dropzone with a great track record and knowledgeable staff.

If only I lived closer I would be there every weekend. In 2004 I drove from Calgary to Eden every weekend, 3.5 hours each way, from the beginning of May until the end of October.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Eden is an excellent dropzone with a great track record and knowledgeable staff.

If only I lived closer I would be there every weekend. In 2004 I drove from Calgary to Eden every weekend, 3.5 hours each way, from the beginning of May until the end of October.

any idea what their track record is? thanks a bunch!

any idea what their track record is? thanks a bunch!

People have already said they have a good track record.

If you're looking for numbers, they haven't had any student fatalities, back at least as far as 1991. (Which is when my personal notes on Canadian skydiving accidents start.) The last experienced jumper fatality was a decade back.

So I think they do have a good track record.

Since I live in Ontario, I only jumped at Eden North when they hosted the National Championships a few years back. They put on a great event.

Sean

You couldn't get a better, safer, more organized drop zone than Eden North. I have been jumping there for 10 years, and I too live 4 hours away and still visit frequently. The drop zones safety standards are extremely high, and Lyal and Cathy run a very tight, safe, ship, and their track record is fantastic.

Their instructors and coaches are current, rated, and very experienced. Not to mention friendly, fun and very helpful.

Have a great time, you will love it!
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

well, all booked for SUnday morning at 9am there is going to be half dozen of us. Generally speaking, how long does it take from arrive, to "touch down", so to speak. gotta be back in calgary for 3pm.

Getting really nervous/excited now....