amavadia

Barcelona DZ

Hi, I am going over to spain from the uk in september to do a tandem skydive with 4 other mates.

What is the cheapest DZ there?

http://www.skydiveempuriabrava.com/ is my cheapest option so far, any advances?

Also does anyone know anyone who owns a villa or knows someone who rents a villa out in barcelona? something with a pool for 5 people or more.

Ive tried looking on sites, but you can only book them for a minimum of 6 days and i need one for only 3 days

Thanks
Amit

Empuriabrava is an awesome DZ with breathtaking views. If you phone the dropzone (the staff all speak multiple languages including English) they will be able to sort you out with accommodation nearby.

Good luck and enjoy! :)
Vicki

They have a bunkhouse on the DZ (6 people/room) for quite a good rate. There is a pool on the DZ (with a bar open in the evenings) that you can use for free. But ask about it when you ring because I think theres some construction work going on at some point that closes it.

They also have tennis courts (not sure about cost) and a go-kart centre pretty much on the DZ too.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

To be honest, im looking for a nice villa away from the DZ just to make the whole trip a little bit more special. If we stayed on the DZ for the whole time, I wouldnt be as good. Id like something in a scenic area but still near a town centre with lots of shops if thats possible?

As I said, ive found loads of perfect villas, but they dont let you rent them for 3 days and we cant afford to pay double

You really don't need to stay on the DZ the whole time. The DZ can book you into local accommodation of your choosing. If you call them and tell them what you want, I am sure they will advise and book you into somewhere to your tastes.

Short answer - call them! ;)

Vicki

idd, and one can rent an appartment during the holiday. We did it last summer and it was great.

Some weeks ago i was told that de swimming pool at the dz will make place for a windtunnel and that one cannot swim overthere, but i don't know whether it is just gossip or not.
-------------------------------------------------

No dive, like skydive... wanna bet on it?

thing is mate, this is all new to me. I have no concept of the activity. Its not something Im going to be doing time after time like many people on this site. its a one off experience, and I dont know what im meant to be looking for in a DZ? not sure how to compare them. they all seem to offer a tandem skydive at approx 13000ft [:/]

anyways.. Empuriabrava is very nice, beautiful view, the biggest dropzone in EUrope, the biggest marina on the Mediterranean, and also the closest DZ to Barcelona (besides Sabadell which AFAIK is not operating much due to construction cranes around the airfield)

You might be able to find villas for rent, even for less tahn a week. Many things to do/visit around.

Good for post exam "relaxation" :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Well, a tandem is a tandem and there are lots of beautiful places on the mainland of Europe... and prices? well, they differ, but the differences are not huge.

Near to Barcelona, there is Empuria. Empuria is great to do a skydive... nice beaches, a beautiful city (the old town is very small but pittoresque and the new part ... it is a worth a visit with all the water.... you can compare it with Venice).

It is at about 1 hour from barcelona. It is the region of Dahli... in a neigbouring village you can visit one of most remarkable architectural works of Dahli...

You are not far from the mountains either, so plenty of opportunities to do exciting sports.

And yes, skydive is expensive. But it is expensive everywhere.
-------------------------------------------------

No dive, like skydive... wanna bet on it?

thanks for the reply

exactly what i was after!

how far is the empuriabrava from the city or barcelona itself? and what would be the best way to get there?

Obviously its not going to be like a modern city, but what is the nightlife like in Barcelona? what evening activities can you expect to find there?

Ryanair flies to Girona airport. It's actually closer to the DZ than barcelona. One hour by bus from Girona (just a few euros). ;) Check ryanair's website.
"I have a bomb in my briefcase. I will use it if necessary. I want you to sit next to me. You are being hijacked."

Hey there, I have been to Empuriabrava. Nice place go jump there for sure, easy to get to from BCN with or without car. About the villa goto homelidays.com, and you will find many places to rent for even min. 3 days, I have been traveling through europe for the past nine months and have used this site many times. If you want to rent a car check out http://www.economycarrentals.com/, this was the cheapest and best thing I found, I have also used this in a few occasions.
BCN is great fun, and don't stop jumping with just a tandem !!
Blue skies

how far is the empuriabrava from the city or barcelona itself? and what would be the best way to get there?
Obviously its not going to be like a modern city, but what is the nightlife like in Barcelona? what evening activities can you expect to find there?

1h15-1h30 by car, 2h something by train and bus from Barcelona.

In EB : nightlife : lots of nightclubs and bars
In BCN : Nightlife : lots of nightclubs & bars
:D:D:D

Enough nightlife in Empuria even for british alcoholic students.

September will be too warm. There will be no ice to break at 4AM in the swimming pool.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Fucking hell mate are you gonna make any of your own enquiries? :S

If you want I'll book your whole holiday and experience, just send me the cash via western union upfront and ill organise it all. All you gotta do is turn up at the airport... honest :P

The pool will be open all summer. Rent a car from BCN airport, it's not that expensive, Check it out.
THere are some gorgeous villas in Empuria + you have the beach nearby. Summertime is very busy in Empuriabrava there should be loads of nightlife, etc..