Algarythem

Underage skydiving near KC, MO

I have a group that is looking into jumping for the first time. Unfortunately, my kid brother and a couple of his friends wish to go. The unfortunate part is that they are only 17 ;). Does anyone know of a place that will take someone under 18. Parental consent won't be an issue, as I'll be talking to their parents personally first. However, I've been calling around and have not had any luck at all with find a place that'll let 17 year olds jump.

Near KC, MO would be preferable. However, with it being summer, travel isn't a big problem. Any advice anyone might have would be welcomed. Thanks guys, and I'll see ya in the sky!

The problem is they are in a legal loophole. Legally they can't sign a waiver and even if their guardians do - it doesn't mean a thing. The guardians can't legally sign away their rights so they are in a very scary loophole. If anything happened the dropzone and everyone involved may as well just hand over their business and personal life.

If you want to travel, there are some options...

My son did a tandam in Jo'burg aged 6 (tandem master took his son on his first jump aged <4)

His brother, who was 4 at the time, has been bugging the hell out of me ever since for his jump (he is now aged 6..)

And when I was jumping in Kolomna (near Moscow) last year, an 11 year old girl was doing her 20th tandem...

Not too close to you am afraid...

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example