pkasdorf

Looking for advice

Be advised that there is a wide variation in rules applied for flying with a tandem. Some places won't let you do it period, others will, with varying restrictions on contact, jump numbers, certifications, etc. It can even vary considerably between individual Tandem Instructors at the same DZ.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Be advised that there is a wide variation in rules applied for flying with a tandem. Some places won't let you do it period, others will, with varying restrictions on contact, jump numbers, certifications, etc. It can even vary considerably between individual Tandem Instructors at the same DZ.

I understand and from a safety point of view it is reasonable. A uruguayan D license, 500+ jumps, USPA and FAI membership hope qualify me as acceptable to hold hands in freefall...

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Come down to Skydive Virginia. We'll allow tag-alongs as long as the individual is current and competent. We'd prefer that you jump a few times with the local up jumpers to ensure you're not threat to life and liberty. Yes, 500 jumps, etc. but I've seen people with 500 jumps who most people refuse to jump with.

I think we put together a very good tandem experience for students. While a lot of DZ's strap them in and throw them out, we have an hour long class with the jumpers followed up with a full dive-flow with each student in turn. If I'm there and jump with her I'd be happy to throw in stills for the "fellow-jumper" connection.

See my profile for a link to the DZ homepage. 1.5 hrs. from Wash, D.C.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher