Fleahop

Free 20'X30' tent on DZ row at the WFFC

How about .... "International embassy" or "United Drunk Nations"

Anyway, half the group will be there to help set up on the 17th and 18th, really looking forward to this.

What is roamingdz anyway? Sounds like a bunch of homless skydivers, how do we join?

No, the homeless skydivers would be the Orfuns.The RoamingDZ started out as a few off dropzone events.Beach jumps,Dublin Boogie,Jumps in the mountains of North Georgia.Then we hit the boogie circuit.The RoamingDZ is for anyone who is tired of looking at the same places or the same faces every weekend.
I like the United Drunken Nations

How about .... "International embassy" or "United Drunk Nations"

He he... I for one will be bringing some decent (Danish) beer. I might bring some snaps too if anyone's interested. What about you Brits?
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

you should bring some Gammel Dansk!

Ahh... for a well-balanced breakfast. ;) I'll try to remember.

Vi ses.

Det gør vi da i hvert fald. :)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

What is roamingdz anyway? Sounds like a bunch of homless skydivers, how do we join?

It's a very exclusive skydiving clique. You have to like who they like, dress how they dress, be a skygod...

Kidding, but that is about almost oppositely accurate. Just have fun and don't take yourself seriously. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Yeah, I am checking this daily too.

Guess we wil have to take the Embassy of the drunken nations over to the skyfest;)
Too late for that, everybody has booked their tickets.

Can anyboy tell me off a dirt cheap rv for sale around the chicago area?? I got $1500:P

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I've got to put in a plea for RoamingDZ.com and its progenator, Chis Spence. RoamingDZ organizes boogies at locations perfect for skydiving, but where no drop zone exists. These are all-access, no-politics skydive parties. fun! Fun! FUN! Surely, you are familiar with the annual St. Patrick's Day boogies in Dublin, Georgia - 300+ attendees the past two years. This is an organization and a skydiver deserving of a tent perk at the WFFC. Grant RoamingDZ the tent, and we will come! Likely, we'll have to draw beers... um, straws for the lucky one's using the RoamingDZ 20x30. The rest of us will show up anyway.

I think the Roaming DZ would be a great choice to give the tent to. They jump at lots of different drop zones and knows lots of skydivers. I think the tent would be used by quite a lot of people.Just my 2 cents worth. Fast Eddie Grantland
Let's have some FUN !!!

RoamingDZ RoamingDZ RoamingDZ

That is my vote, as well. This is a guy who gives a lot to his fellow skydivers. This tent would be a great place for jumpers from all over to meet new people.

And if the nice, positive comments don't do much for you, just think about his gas powered blender!!;)
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

This thread seems a waste of time now.
Just a way to advertise the WFFC and get big groups of people booking tickets to get there just in case they get this free tent.
After this rubbish marketing stunt and all the dangerous things people are saying about the WFFC makes you think twice. I think after this thread/stupid false hope marketing idea any more like this would just put the final nail in the coffin.

If you are for real about this tent you could have treated this thread and the responses to it with much more respect. People need notice to book tickets and you are a fool if you trying to get big groups of people booking tickets before you say who gets the tent.

There is alot of bad talk about the WFFC and things like this are just starting to make the organisers look desperate.

I really hope we all have a better time there than the vibe i am getting from reading dropzone.com wffc threads.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Wow, we must only get the nice brits at Sebastian. I'm not sure what you were reading but you seem pretty pissed off on a couple of your posts for no apparent reason.

Is the weather bad as usual over there and you guys stuck on the ground?

I'll tell you what - forget the world freefall convention and I will personally put up our circus tent next to the hangar for you and your friends - it's 30' x anything up to 120' long depending on how many panels I put in. BUT you need to lighten up, jump all day and then you can teach everyone how to sit on the couch and drink beer at night here.:P

Just a bit pissed off that this guy is asking for large groups that are interested in a tent. This thread has been going forever, there has been no desicion and it is 4 weeks until people over here need to fly out. Been left far to late for others from our dz to now get time off work and book flights. Flights have also just gone up dramatically over here to get to chicago. We had a fair few people waiting to see if this tent would be available to us, now it is just too late to care.
Just letting this guy know that he has really wasted alot of our times coming and checking this thread everyday to see if we got one so we could get the rest of our mates over with us.
There is 8 of us now booked and confirmed, there could have been up to 20 but too late and far to expensive for them to get tickets now.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

There is 8 of us now booked and confirmed, there could have been up to 20 but too late and far to expensive for them to get tickets now.

They were only going to come if they could get in on a free tent? Seems kind of an odd reason to me to base an entire trip on. Surely there are other packing tents at the WFFC where a group can park their stuff.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I realise how i must sound now:$

No, the thing is, for people to fork out £700 in flights to go to a boogie in the states with cool aircrafts is one thing but it does have alot more appeal when there is a tent with your dropzones name on it. The appeal is more and more people you know, somewhere for the shy ones to hang, and a big one is a roof over heads so we dont have to haul tents over the ditch.

Just more appeal and more of a selling factor.

The WFFC has a very bad reputation over here from the people that know about it. I was speaking to some of the best freefliers over here through the weekend and they say they would not come as it is too dangerous with canopies.
All i am saying is yes, anything like a tent is more of a selling factor. Just helps, not the only reason though.

Anyway, too late now. We have just bought tents and have a mate works at the embassy sorting us out blacked out official cars for our rides downB|

ANOTHER NOTE. i have been told that the UK skydive mag says that the lear jet will be there. Is this correct? Is it confirmed that we can jump from a jet?
Or is this some bullshit marketing scam?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I am not an organizer and I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I enjoy seeing the WFFC come each year and I think it is a great boogie. I have been going for 10 years and made my first skydive there. I am not paid one red cent by the convention but I do want to see it be successful. I use what little influince I have to prmote the convention but mostly I'm out for the skydivers.

As for why I have not been back on...my computer took a dump as a matter of fact I am on someone elses currently.

As for the tent I want to give it to the international group and the roaming DZ together. I have no idea how many people that are connected to those groups or have regestered or will nor do I care. That is not what this was about.

I need some one to email me from both groups that is in-charge or the spokes person so I can call you and get the info you want on your banner that will be on the tent and figure out where you would like it.

I appreciate the positive responce as well as the negative. But don't be so quick to judge and the WFFC had nothing to do with my responce time so don't hold anything against the boogie this was my doings not theirs they just oked me a free tent. I could have kept it for myself if I had wanted to.

Thank you
Fleahop

Email [email protected]
Don't just knock on deaths door...Kick it down and run like hell! He hates that.

Lear Jet? No.... DC 9... if you go to Perris Valleys CA web site, (I think that it was listed earlier in this thread) they are saying that the DC9 will be there and will be jumpable. I know that Ben And Pat are working hand in hand with the FAA and I see no reason not to belive them. Both are very honest and honerable men.

Fleahop
Don't just knock on deaths door...Kick it down and run like hell! He hates that.

Fleahop, thank you for the private message.

You can look at me as the front man for the british contingency. We have many t-shirts to give away and we call oueselves the www.karnagekrew.com, this would be great if it could be on a banner. We will put any money in towards costs. We are a group of 10, we are not sire if their will be more of us but we are trying to get another 10 of coming along.

I respect what you have to say, it is just a shame that you have taken so long.
Anyway, whatever the outcome we will drink you all under the table and we will fly around you like you dont have a clue what skydiving is!!:P

Peace.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I think this will be great. I will put both internet address on the sign and Embasy of the united drunkin nations. To top that off if there are so many people that this tent isn't big enough I will rent a second tent to make up for the confusion. I would like you to email me a phone number so I can give yall a call (you and bigway) just to say hello and make sure that all the bases are covered.

I think a place the UK and the US can mix under the same roof will be a good thing. As for the drinking well my family is kind of slow and we don't drink much but what we do drink we make our selves you know being from the south and all so I will bring a couple of gallons of shine with me and we can all sit down and drink a while. No beer, No wine, just good old clear corn whiskey.B|

You maybe able to skydive circles around me but you better do it the first day. After you get shamed into this moon shine you will be done for at least 2 days.....unless of course you are use to shine.
C-Ya
Flea

Brits can't drink..it's the Irish we have to watch out for...:D:D

Did you hear the one about the Irishman that walked out of a pub?

Me neither. It's never happened before.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239