mrpilotman

Sky dive in Lake Havasu City AZ.

Hey, is anyone interested in a Drop Zone in Lake Havasu City AZ. I want to start one, I can provide the airplane if enough sky divers. Chime in if you want to party on the river and skydive in the same place. I would need someone who could run the jump zone, I can fly and maintain the airplane. Let me know!!!!

That depends upon level of interest. I am capable of providing anything from a C-182 on up to a King Air. I've flow jumpers in C-182, C-206 and Twin Otter. I just don't know what to get because I don't know how many will want to sky dive in Havasu. I have many hours of flying and maintenance experience with an A & P. I'm moving to Havasu in June and wanted to get something going out there. Let's get something going out at the lake!!!!

Guarantee my boyfriend and I would jump there on occassional weekends during the summer.

Same if someone started a dropzone in Glamis during the winter.

I like your idea Mr. Pilot Man. Will you keep me posted if you ever get this up and running?

~~Linny

Yes I will,
I just need to get a feel to see if there would be enough demand before I commit money to this project, also need someone to run the place, I'm just a dumb pilot/ mechanic . What a blast Havasu would be. The vision of bikinis floating down to the sand bar. That would open a few eyes and get a few beads.

Dayum! That would be a great place to jump ;)

I don't live anywhere near there, but would definitely spend several weeks there during the winters. I have a friend who lives in L. Havasu City so I already have a great place to stay. B|

I'd guess you'd be able to easily afford the King Air because of the number of tandems you could do when the snowbirds flock.

That place is one gigantic swoop pond! ;)

London Bridge Skydiving Center? :P

Yeah whoo boy ! What a great place 125 degrees in the summer....dustdevils....windier than shit and COLD in the wintertime.
This aint a new idea...anybody remember Skydive Mels at Bullhead City ?
Good luck.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Yeah whoo boy ! What a great place 125 degrees in the summer....dustdevils....windier than shit and COLD in the wintertime.
This aint a new idea...anybody remember Skydive Mels at Bullhead City ?
Good luck.

bozo

Yeah ... here in Illinois it's cold in the winter, humid as hell in the summer, rains WAY too much, and is windy as hell in the spring and fall. We have "dust devils" here too, but at least in the desert you can see 'em!;) I am way more comfortable in 125 degrees with 10% humidity than 95 degrees and 95% humidity which is what we have here in Illinois often during the summer.

Lake Havasu City COLD in the winter??:S Compared to what?? :P

I do live in Illinois, I have lived in San Diego, Eureka, CA, Grand Canyon AZ, Glendale CA, Bishop CA and now I will be moving to Lake Havasu City AZ. Every place I have lived has it's good points and bad points. You must capitalize on the good part. Yep it's 125 in summer but 9 months of the year it is perfect. Summer you got to jump in the AM and drink heavily on the river during the day. It is still party central for anyone who has been there. Let's face it if you like to sky dive, you like to party. I just wanted to get a feel for how successful a jump zone in Havasu would be. Keep the comments coming. I appreciate it. By the way, Bullhead doesn't have the crowds that Havasu has and it is far more windy. It necks down in that valley toward the north, a venturi effect. I guess a pro pilot understands that far better than most. What ever!B|