mdrejhon

NEW LOGO for Rainbow Boogie 2006 + Sneak Preview of Mag Ads

Finally, our logo! I am happy to announce that we now have our new logo for Rainbow Boogie 2006! It is now on the www.rainbowskydive.com website. Martin and I worked quite a bit to get the new graphics art integrated. You can see a thumbnail of the new logo to the left as my avatar.

About our mag ads... we finished them recently and submitted them a few weeks ago. Here's our sneak preview of our magazine advertisements coming in the very next issue of all skydiving magazines (Parachutist, CanPara, and Skydiving Magazine) are located here:
>> Rainbow Boogie Blog

About our Load Organizer... It's also confirmed: Kirsten Johnson of Skydive Spaceland is definitely indeed coming to load organize during our boogie. We're still looking for volunteers for smaller load organizing (freefly, CRW) that meets NouvelAir's credentials. Packers are also welcome. (Unfortunately, this year, the dropzone isn't accepting any new temporary boogie-specific Tandem Instructors -- we've got asked this question several times from potential visiting instructors)

About T-Shirts... Should be available by end of this month! I know, we had expected to have these done by now, but we had a delay regarding the design of the new logo... (Don't you just love Murphy's Law). We're getting new T-Shirts printed later this month with our new logo; we will contact everyone who registered if they would like to purchase one to help support the boogie, especially as our attendance is bigger than originally expected at the beginning of the year! If you want a T-shirt, make sure to register so we can contact you (even if you're not planning to attend).

Reminder about airfares... For those of you planning to attend, don't forget to book your airfares! I'll contact everyone individually (all 100+ registrations). With the usual Canadians and dropzone regulars, dozens coming from the U.S. and we've got one from NZ, a few from UK, a few from Europe, and even one tentative from Moscow and from Australia. As mentioned on our website, everyone is invited; lots are bringing friends; about 25% of our attendees are straight so there is plenty of company for everyone!

Here's a bigger version of our new logo. It symbolizes our worldwide attendance too as well as the equality and all-inclusiveness.

[inline rainbowboogie2006_logo_240pix.gif]

20 rental rigs for a boogie? Thats cool!;)

Actually, there's almost 30 rigs, according to NouvelAir's website. Most will be bringing their own rigs, but it's good to have extras. NouvelAir hosted the Canadian Nationals so there is boogie hosting experience behind this, that helps us. Here in Canada, we do not have a resort size dropzone such as Eloy or Perris, so this is a large number of rigs for any Canadian dropzone. (And FOUR twinprop jump planes - none of them being a tiny Cessna - is a also big thing for any Canadian boogie!)

ha this event will be the one place where the people with old rainbow-colored gear will be cool

Yes, rainbow gear would be in vogue again if one brought it to the boogie (as long as it's safe) -- it's a funny observation, I remember when I went for my first tandem I had to wear one of those 'gay biker hats' and I wondered what the heck the rainbow was for, was there a gay skydiver at the dropzone? Also I made about a couple dozen jumps on a rental rainbow-colored Vector2 container with a Sabre 190 before I settled on the 170 that own. Anyway, I later found out that rainbows in skydiving was once in vogue, before the days the "community" co-opted (Or "stole" as some would say) the rainbow as a symbol. A good topic for Bonfire or Speaker Corner. B| B|

Questions? Comments? Polite jokes? Feel free to add to this thread!

One thing that I think needs to be on you website and obvious so everyone can see is the fact that this dropzone requires AADs for all jumpers, regardless of experience or licences or other ratings.

Anyone who arrives without an AAD will ether have to avail themselves of the rental gear or go home disappointed.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Hi,

Good point!

Actually, it's already there in the Experienced Skydiver FAQ button accessible at the left sidebar. You might be right it might not be exactly "obvious", but it's still easily accessible (FAQ button accessible everywhere on website).

I'll be sending out invidual emails by the end of the month to confirm visiting peoples' travel plans, especially once the Tshirts are printed. Will also make a mention of AAD. Some may show up unannounced and we'll do our best to accomodate them, though...

One thing that I think needs to be on you website and obvious so everyone can see is the fact that this dropzone requires AADs for all jumpers, regardless of experience or licences or other ratings.

Anyone who arrives without an AAD will ether have to avail themselves of the rental gear or go home disappointed.