KCSkydivingCtr

KC Skydiving Center -- Cinco de Mayo boogie!

Dates: May 6th-7th

Come celebrate Cinco de Mayo with jumps from 14,000 feet! The forecast looks great, and we will have free freefly and RW load organizing all weekend, and a party on Saturday night. Also, canopy coaching will be discounted all weekend, so come work on your swooping (or just standing up!).

Paul and Jo are making their world-famous fajitas to go with the Mexican feast on Saturday. There will also be plenty of margaritas and sangria!

See you there!
The Kansas City Skydiving Center

KC Skydiving Center -- Cinco de Mayo boogie! - NEW Quote | Reply

Dates: May 6th-7th
Registration: FREE ( It should be! How do you charge for a service you can’t supply?)

***Come celebrate Cinco de Mayo with jumps from 14,000 feet! The forecast looks great, and we will have free freefly and RW load organizing all weekend, and a party on Saturday night. Also, canopy coaching will be discounted all weekend, so come work on your swooping (or just standing up!).***

Well the weather sucks, cloudy and raining, this DZ is closed for the third straight week! Excuse (this time!) No aircraft. But I wonder is the cost of lift tickets at an imaginary DZ cheaper than a real dz?

***Paul and Jo are making their world-famous fajitas to go with the Mexican feast on Saturday. There will also be plenty of margaritas and sangria!***

Hey! Maybe they can go in the food business! With their world-famous offerings?

***See you there!***

Only if you like standing at an empty airport in the rain by yourself!

Why must you chime in whenever there is a thread about KCSC? If this places sucks as bad as you say they do, dont worry they wont be in business long. So why must you be a dick about it. How about I start a bunch of shit about your place on how bad it sucks. Ok I'm done, now I must take my beattings from the Mod's. Later
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Why must you chime in whenever there is a thread about KCSC? If this places sucks as bad as you say they do, dont worry they wont be in business long. So why must you be a dick about it. How about I start a bunch of shit about your place on how bad it sucks. Ok I'm done, now I must take my beattings from the Mod's. Later

The last time I checked this was a free speech forum. I only posted the "Truth" about the current status of the DZ! No one else is???? They post on the forum on the 4th that they are hosting a boogie, than cancel it the next day and decide to not inform anyone? Piss poor business move in my opinion. I get to handle the calls from persons whom come to an empty DZ and start calling around to other DZs for an answer! If they are going to start a shit storm, they need to learn to clean up their own mess!
I never said that this place sucks! You said that! I'am a DZO and I am sure there are many who think I am a dick! Their opinion just like yours? If you find the need to start shit about my DZ, (which you have no knowledge of) Please feel free to place your opinion on this forum!
As I said this is a free speech forum! Get Some!

The last time I checked this was a free speech forum. I only posted the "Truth" about the current status of the DZ!

And the rest of the truth is that posting in this manner is small-minded and petty. Is that really the impression you want to project here? Yes, let people and dropzones stand and fall on their own merits, and if KCSC falls it should be on their own merits or lack thereof, and not whatever you do to hasten.

For many people, the attitude of the DZO is one of the merits. And stepping on people so that you can say you're taller is chickenshit.

This is a forum that people who are traveling look at, to get a feel for the dropzones where they'll be visiting.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The last time I checked this was a free speech forum. I only posted the "Truth" about the current status of the DZ!

And the rest of the truth is that posting in this manner is small-minded and petty. Is that really the impression you want to project here? Yes, let people and dropzones stand and fall on their own merits, and if KCSC falls it should be on their own merits or lack thereof, and not whatever you do to hasten.

For many people, the attitude of the DZO is one of the merits. And stepping on people so that you can say you're taller is chickenshit.

This is a forum that people who are traveling look at, to get a feel for the dropzones where they'll be visiting.

Wendy W.

So we agree to disagree? You feel I'am stepping up? again we disagree! Lets face the facts most if not all people could give a fuck who the DZO is as long as they get the altitude they want, and a cheap price on lift tickets! We as the DZO's are left to address the situations that the actions of the jumpers and others leave behind, If I gotta clean the mess, then I'am gona bitch about it!

I seen this coming as soon as the thread was started.
I live in KC and was wanting to take my grandson for his first fishing trip, but i noticed that all the local TV stations were calling for bad weather. So i wondered what weather service Paul was listening to that said the weather was going to be good.
I'm glad i canceled the fishing trip because my grandson would have been very disapointed as i'm sure any jumper who made the trip to KCSC was when they showed up after reading the DZO's post and finding out they were closed....yet again.

And what is this about NO AIRCRAFT?....what happened to the NEW Caravan thats advertized on the web-site?

Never mind, i'll let Spence answer that because he knows all.:ph34r:

I received this e-mail from KCSC yesterday. I removed the names from it, as I'm not sure if it's okay to repost them online.

Subject: The Kansas City Skydiving Center Weekly Update (CLOSED THIS WEEKEND - PLEASE READ)

This weekly update contains some good news and some not-so-good news, so I will start with the good news first.

Things have been progressing well at the dropzone. We have erected several hurricane-proof packing tents at the DZ, with more in the works. We have built two awesome picnic tables, with enough seating for twenty people, and we will be building shade tents for those as well. # has been landscaping around the dropzone, both mowing and planting all sorts of cool shrubbery. We are also in the process of leveling out the ditch on the south side of the landing area, as well as building an access road and parking lot on the DZ (thanks #). We have got a lot of other cool things in the works and we appreciate all of the help that we have received. Many thanks go out to #, #, #, # and everyone else who has volunteered their time!

Now, on to the bad news. We spoke yesterday afternoon with Skydive Greensburg, who was supplying our Caravan. Unfortunately, their Beech 99 sustained significant damage during a landing accident, leaving them with no aircraft until their Super Otter arrives at the end of the month. Without any aircraft, they understandably were forced to take their Caravan back. We had a backup aircraft arranged to come from Skydive Cross Keys and we spoke with the DZO yesterday who said they would be able to send one of their aircraft here until our Caravan arrives. Skydive Cross Keys phoned us this morning to inform us that the aircraft they were sending us is down for maintenance after a hydraulic pump failure yesterday and it may be a couple of weeks until it is repaired.

We have been on the phone all morning to almost every turbine DZ around the country, from Colorado to Florida to Arizona to New York, and we even managed to track down Mike Mullins. Unfortunately, no one has an aircraft to spare. Several other dropzone are also in the same situation as us, so turbine aircraft are spread thin throughout the country. We are working hard to get another aircraft out here as soon as possible, but in the meantime, we will be closed. I just spoke with #, who is going to head over to Sullivan for the weekend, along with a couple of other jumpers. They have the Otter right now, and he thinks that their camping area is ready to go, so if you are looking for some quality turbine jumps, I would highly recommend checking them out. If you know of anyone who was planning on coming out to KCSC this weekend, and may not be subscribed to our mailing list, please pass this information along.

If anyone has any questions, or would just like to follow-up on what is going on around the DZ, please don’t hesitate to e-mail or call us at 816-569-3931. Once again, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we look forward to getting you to 14,000 feet again soon.

Blue Skies,

Paul and Joanna
The Kansas City Skydiving Center

Would it have been too hard for them to post this on their web-site so anyone who wanted to go and looked at their site would be able to read it?:(

Quote: We have erected several hurricane-proof packing tents at the DZ, with more in the works.

They might want to give this secret to Don of the WFFC because i've been to many conventions where they were begging jumpers to stop trying to hold down their own tents to help put back up the big tents in the intertainment area during the boogie because of winds not even close to Hurricane type winds.:o

The last time I checked this was a free speech forum.

Actually, that would be rec.skydiving. This is a moderated forum with rules and as Sangiro has said, this ain't no damn democracy.

An exerpt from Sangiro's rules states, "The "Golden Rule" is in effect for discussions on Dropzone.com: Treat others as you would wish to be treated. We ask that you be professional and polite and respect our intention to create a friendly and inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to participate."

As a dzo, I would think that you'd be able to understand when a dropzone has aircraft problems and maybe you should be a little less judgmental in the future until you know the whole story. I'm sure you would like the public to treat your dropzone fairly also.

Consider this your warning. We are not going to have another thread that bashes the KC Skydiving Center.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well, here's what I told Slappie once. Pick something from the list. :P

Could you go watch tv, read a book, get something to eat, take a nap or beat-off every once in awhile so I could have a little less work to do? -- skymama

because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well, here's what I told Slappie once. Pick something from the list. :P

Could you go watch tv, read a book, get something to eat, take a nap or beat-off every once in awhile so I could have a little less work to do? -- skymama

Well, I got up this morning and read, then had breakfast. This afternoon I watched TV, fell asleep and took a nap. Let's see, that leaves,B| um, I'll be back in a little bit;).
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

Consider this your warning. We are not going to have another thread that bashes the KC Skydiving Center.

Might I ask why and why threads about this DZ keep getting locked? Is it because it is becoming repetitive or because it is bashing? In this case the DZ failed to provide an announced service. Is that not a valid topic for discussion?

Plenty of DZs get bashed in these forums, and the dropzone reviews contain many negative comments. Some guy has it in for Skydive Miami right now in this forum. Skydive Kansas took a lot of heat here a while back for having wing loading restrictions not clearly advertised on their website. There is a long running thread about Skyride and their affiliated DZs. There are many other examples, particularly when DZs do not deliver what they advertise.

As long as we are invoking the rules, the rule against advertising in the "Events" forum gets violated a lot.

I am not questioning the mods authority to moderate the forums, because I saw what happened over in "wreck dot." It does seem, however, that the rules are not applied consistently.

CDR

Plenty of DZs get bashed in these forums, and the dropzone reviews contain many negative comments. Some guy has it in for Skydive Miami right now in this forum.

Yeah and that thread got locked too!

You will notice that it takes awhile before I will lock a thread. I do give people the opportunity to voice their disapproval. I also leave the threads locked and visible so they can be pulled up again to be viewed instead of trashing them.

The problem arises when the threads turn into a pissing match. This isn't Speaker's Corner and I'm not going to let in evolve into that. The forum rules do state, "Posts that are repetitive in nature (i.e. Dead Horses) may be removed or locked at the discretion of the moderators." It's childish and unproductive. I just know the day will come when someone says, "oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad." :P

Comparing the Skyride situation to the KC Center is not even a viable argument. :S

As long as we are invoking the rules, the rule against advertising in the "Events" forum gets violated a lot.

Buddy, I'm only human and I don't get paid for this, give me a break. There is a fine line between advertising and events and sometimes it gets blurred. Yes, sometimes I do let things slide. Out of the 5 forums that I moderate, this one has become the most time consuming. Trust me, I send more pm's, delete threads and piss more people off over the advertising issue than you know about.

The last time I checked this was a free speech forum.

As a dzo, I would think that you'd be able to understand when a dropzone has aircraft problems and maybe you should be a little less judgmental in the future until you know the whole story. I'm sure you would like the public to treat your dropzone fairly also.

Yes I do understand, and "I Myself" assume the responsibility to contact and inform any and all whom might, be planning to use the services that I offer! I "do not" hide under the guise and Illusion that my operation is open for business, and leave all of the other local DZ's with the responsibility to explain why, and for what reason "this week" that "Kansas Citys" only full time turbine DZ is not open. This practise in my opinion is complete and utter "Bull Shit" and a disservice to all jumpers in the area and the other competing operators. If you agree or not! that was my reason, and frustration with my post!

Than consider this my last response, and or post on this forum, I live in AMERICA! I have the right to state my feelings and opinions in any method that I choose! It is one of the last things that some bureaucratic asshole is not attempting to take away from me at this time! If you and or all of the persons whom read these posts continue to allow the supposed gray areas of other persons feelings and opinions, to direct and control your decisions and what you might say, or do, than you should pursue this without the imput or support of "so called" trouble makers such as myself! Sorry but every thing in this world is either Black or White! Right or Wrong! and everything else is "Excuses and Bull Shit" You can disagree! that is your right! and you can ban me! from this forum, that is within your power also, but you "Will Not" be allowed to alter, change, or control what I find needs to be said! The possibility of censorship on your part "Will Not alter the Truth" You can remove my statements from your web site, but you will "Never" control my opinion! So with that said "Do your Damnedest"

Than consider this my last response, and or post on this forum, I live in AMERICA! I have the right to state my feelings and opinions in any method that I choose!

This is a privately owned website by a South African, not an American. On this website, you follow his rules. If you feel that you can not follow his simple guidelines, than it probably is better that you read the forums and not post.

Than consider this my last response, and or post on this forum, I live in AMERICA! I have the right to state my feelings and opinions in any method that I choose!

This is a privately owned website by a South African, not an American. On this website, you follow his rules. If you feel that you can not follow his simple guidelines, than it probably is better that you read the forums and not post.

I understand your position, and will comply with your request, But see no further need to read or support any forum that will censor or attempt to control my right to an opinion! I have no future reason to be a subservient member of this forum, please remove me from your foreign controlled list!

Tom Dolphin, SkydiveMRVS

Description:
The Kansas City Skydiving Center is the largest dropzone in the Kansas City area. We are the only full-time turbine dropzone, offering jumps from 14,000 feet out of our Cessna Super Caravan.

The Kansas City Skydiving Center strives to be the most fun-jumper-friendly dropzone in the area, and offers free load organizing, events every weekend, and discounted weekday jumps. The Kansas City Skydiving Center is the place you'll want to call home. "

Im looking for the weekday discount jumps as well as three people that are looking to make tandems for the first time that know I jump, they went onto the internet and found there sight and ask if this place would be better to jump at than the place I do because they are the largest one in the KC Area, I told them they may be the largest but without a aircraft to get them to 14,000ft its going to be kinda hard to make a tandem.

This is the heartburn alot of people in the area are having and this is the point I brought up two months ago, these folks came in under the radar , promised alot and are not giving what they promised.

They said the weather for the weekend was looking good and they were going to have another turbine, just like they said they are the largest in the area, these may be marketing issues but it is still not the truth and it only hurts the student and tandem bussiness in the area.

As Ive said before you can put jelly on a shit sandwich but its still a shit sandwich.

but then again its sunday and raining so Im bored.
gthomasphoto.com

# has been landscaping around the dropzone, both mowing and planting all sorts of cool shrubbery.

The mowing part sounds like a great idea, but I am a little concerned about the shrubbery. Do you think it is a good idea to create more obstacles at a DZ.:o

Cutaway

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

I think Tom just needs to sell MRVS! How much would it take for a buyout. Maybe Paul and Joann could buy MRVS. All Toms worries would fade away! A buyout always makes people switch sides! Is Tom up for being a switch hitter? I know someone at MRVS is!!

Frank!B|

I think Tom just needs to sell MRVS! How much would it take for a buyout. Maybe Paul and Joann could buy MRVS.

I read in one of his prior posts that he offered to sell to them?

All Toms worries would fade away! A buyout always makes people switch sides! Is Tom up for being a switch hitter? I know someone at MRVS is!!

I do not know the man, but have some friends that have been at his riggers course from what thay said he would possible pass on the switch and go direct to the hitting!
;)