meistwer

Skydiving France

Hi there,

I'm thinking about a little skydiving trip B| to northen France to a DZ in Lille. I've checked around in the forums looking for any reference to the requirements to jump over there but there ain't nothing :S

Besides the FAI license and insurance I've heard that they don't let you jump if they think your canopy is too small for the number of jumps that you have. I'm jumping a Sabre 170, my wingload is 1.12 and I have 57 jumps BPA-B license.

Would I have any problems there?

Rob

'Nobody Escapes The Algebra Of Infinite Justice'

Besides the FAI license and insurance I've heard that they don't let you jump if they think your canopy is too small for the number of jumps that you have. I'm jumping a Sabre 170, my wingload is 1.12 and I have 57 jumps BPA-B license.

Would I have any problems there?

Depends on the place and their impression of you. If memory serves me right you're on a max wingloading of 0.88:1 until you have 100 jumps. This, however can be waivered by the chief instructor of the DZ you visit. In other words: If you seem like a sensible person and you can document experience with your canopy, more likely than not you will not experience any problems.

I have jumped a similar wingloading at a similar experience level in France.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Hi,

shortly,
- you need valid FAI licence and assurance in your country... then we deliver a free french licence for foreigner
- about your canopy, i'll ask the manager wednesday evening and post the answer to you.

As said, it depends of your weight and your experience with your canopy, and how many jumps you want to do...

see U soon B|
Mygale, Lille, France

Hey meistwer,
hope that you have AAD device in your rig B| it's mandatory here >:( (a friend of mine has a rig without AAD, so she made a couple of jumps her first week-end, but the staff said no more jumps after that!!!)

See you in Lille with "le 2m50" ;)

Hi Rob,

we are skydiving in Lille. The DZ is located in Bondues. Look at the DROPZONES. We are flying a Pilatus Porter to 14000 ft. Your Sabre 170 is perfect.
The will let you pay a foreign license for a year or a 10 day period.
If you need more info please contact me:
[email protected]
or visit our website at www.4xtremetime.com
George Diotme

You live in London?? B|
two days ago we had a girl from London "Marionnette" who jumped with us ;)

Hi dude, thanks for looking into it. Yes, I live in London, in west london to be more precise.
I've just booked the ferry and I'll be there in the last weekend of this month...B| can wait to get there. Is there a bunkhouse in the DZ?

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I confirm: you'll be allowed to use your own canopy to jump.
Of course, we'll look at you, and if we have a doubt about your ability to drive it, we'll recomand you to use a larger one. But if you're used to it, no problem.

about the bunkhouse : during the last week end of this month, we have a national competition on the dropzone ( but 2 planes, no worry ;)), so ask for the bunkhouse on the mail of the website : celnpc [at] netcourrier.com

see you soon

Mygale

Hey Mygale,

Thanks a lot for checking out for me...I'll get some beers for us at the DZ when I'm there :P

I've pretty much went into my canopy after my AFF and consolidation jumps, I have about 30 jumps in my one, I'm confident with it althougth I'm still knowing it more and more in every jump.:)
I'll send them an email to book the bunkhouse now.

Thank you very much

Roberto

'Nobody Escapes The Algebra Of Infinite Justice'